Crafters Challenge November 13th-19th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At the end of this week we will be 1/2 thru the 11th month!!!!!!!!! UNREAL!!!!!!

I am working on a quilt this a.m.. In between Teigans pottery trips.

This week I am on vacation and go back the 23rd.

This week I will finish up the reindeer feed, lotion, seasoning salt ( I hope).

Will also get the other 4 quilts binded.

Hoping to work on the following too:

Need to get the tool caddy done for the secret Santa, the backing material arrived.

Have 3 pillows to cut and put a snowman face on--with paint.

Then sewing for Teigan. Doll items

Have a couple hospital craft shows that I would like to go to. One Tuesday and then going to lunch with a friend from another branch. Then Thursday a.m.. Also have to clean for deer season and do the grocery shopping for it. It is next week-end.

DD, what machine do you have now? I would really like a Babylock Journey but........ Had always thought of a Babylock that does both but I do like my machine now so no use spending for a dual one. Will see when they have sales. After the first of the year or when done sewing Christmas I want to take machine in to get cleaned and serviced. Has been awhile. Will take it to Babylock no Viking dealer in area now.

Last edited:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Last night I started some things that I know I want to get finished up this morning since I have tomorrow off I think I am going to get some crafting done today inbetween doing laundry.

Finish up two let it snow boards
finish up candy cane wreath
fix and finish up tomato cage snowman

I am going to work on these this morning and figure out where to go from there to try and get things done

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ I have the Brother PE 770. Not a huge upgrade but it takes a USB as well as a 5x7 hoop. So far it’s all I really need and it’s small enough to move on and off the sewing table when not in use. Enjoy your time off!

Kim ~ Glad you’re finding some crafting time. Have a nice day off.

This week’s hopefuls:

• Go West quilt for DD#2 (cut and piece backing to see how much fabric is available for shams and binding, so I can discuss with her at Thanksgiving)
  • Yo-yo bear and elephant (for Julia and Sonja)
  • Finish Sonja’s ornament (with CCS owl)
  • Finish Julia’s ornament (German putz house)
  • Knit wedding afghan for DNiece (February wedding)
  • Machine embroidery organza poinsettias (for DD#2 and/or myself)
  • Beer bottle reindeer (make antlers ahead of time and confirm that DD has a hot glue gun for me to use)
  • Bento Bags for girlfriends (Susan/Kathy ??)
  • QSnap grime guard (for Karen)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
3rd time was the charm for my simple scarf I was making! Had to take it fully apart twice as it just was not what I had envisioned - wanted it thinner and longer.

Now that it's done next comes 4 more! These will be a different pattern, interchanging stripes - hopefully as it is crocheted length wise I can figure out how wide and long it's going to be without starting from scratch.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
HouseElf, glad you got it done. The next 4 hope will go smoother for you!

Kim, hope you got stuff done today.

DD, nice list.

I have 85 reindeer feed made. Done with it.

Have 17 lotions. All I will do this year. Pretty sure!

Allen had started grinding pepper but didn't hear it for very long. Shall see.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lots of reindeed feed! why do you grind the pepper? what do you do with it.

I'll try to work on dd's mittens this week

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The Paula Deen seasoning salt that we started making years back. Kosher salt, garlic powder, (some put onion powder in it) and then you grind up whole peppercorns.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Went craft shopping again today with some specific goals. I bought more fabric for the placemats that I got fabric for last week. I've decided to make a table topper and coordinating napkins instead of placemats, and placemats that I already have will work with them. I may need a little more fabric for backing, though. I also got some fine glitter for the putz house, one more skein of yarn for the wedding afghan, and more water soluble stabilizer for the organza poinsettias. Must get busy tomorrow to work on some of those projects.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
image.jpeg image.jpeg Finding time to do a bit of redecorating.
I am giving my old dining table and chairs to a single father, but the chair covers were a bit worn.
Out with the stripes, in with the floral. I hope he likes it

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Katrina ~ Well done on the chairs! I'm sure he will be very pleased.

Often when I look back at my day, I see that I really accomplished quite a bit, although as I’m going along, it sometimes feels like I’m spinning my wheels. Yesterday was a good day. DH and I spent the morning boiling and ricing potatoes (10 lb.) for lefsé. We made 4 recipes and will roll and bake 2 recipes this morning and another 2 on Friday. Then I had time to do a little craftermath control to free up my cutting table and cut a third strip for the quilt backing. Got the backing pieced, so now I can review the leftover fabric with DD to see how/if it can be used for pillow shams or if we need to buy a little more fabric. I also got the embroidery machine humming along with organza poinsettias; and washed the CCS fox motif and laid it out to dry and block square. Then, after hair cut/color, pedicure and dinner, I worked on the yo-yo bear. He’s got all his yo-yo arms and legs now. I just need to decide if I’m going to use a little glue to help secure the knots, and add a ribbon and bow at the neck. Then he’s ready for Julia’s Christmas! Oh, and somewhere along the way, I managed to scan the instructions for the table topper I want to make. It’s always so hard to find the pattern, ‘cause I start by looking on the computer where it hasn’t been. Then I have to ponder where it could be, and finally paw through my drawer full of paper patterns to actually find it.

I hope to finish the stitching of the poinsettias today; then I need to rinse and wash them … then what? I might just find another “me” project. It would be so nice to have the table topper and napkins done so that we can actually use them before we leave on our trip. When we get back, we will have to redecorate for Christmas, and fall décor will be put away, so I wouldn’t use the topper and napkins till next year. Another “me” project I’d like to find time for is a Christmas chenille wall hanging.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I started on the table topper yesterday while some of the poinsettias stitched out. Some of the fabrics in the table topper sort of blend together. I should have gotten something with more contrast. I'm going to like it anyway, I think. I didn't get the poinsettias done. Had to go to JoAnns to get more of the metallic thread for the poinsettias. It’s pricey, and those poinsettias eat it up! Also made some progress on the knit afghan in the evening.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thankyou for your comments on the chairs, it felt nice to pass something on that we don't need.
Need to get my craft cupboard organized. Frustrating as I had all the baskets and totes fit perfectly in the cupboard in the last house, now to get them to fit here.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Life and work have been crazy this week. I had today off since I had to go to DD's Boces class to get a facial by her, which she really almost put me to sleep. Then DS 20 had an appointment he needed me to go to. Then of course I had to sit and wait for other DS to get done with practice. Since cleaning up from dinner I have been on a wreath making kick so far 4 done and working on a 5th now hoping to at least get a few more finished tonight so that tomorrow I can get some wood projects going and finish up wreaths tomorrow night. I am hoping to sell some of them to help pay for kids Christmas stuff. Have one that needs new tires and rims for his race kart, another that is going to Florida for Christmas break and baby girl just picked out her class ring that I told her she could get for Christmas and doesn't she pick out a $200 ring, but at least it is something that she can wear for awhile.