Crafters Challenge November 24th-November November 30th, 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Hello Talented Ladies!!!!

This weeks challenge will take us right up until the end of November!!!!

My plan for the week is:

Make the lotion-----made 7 cups or miracle cream 11-24-19

Make seasoning salt----made 7 cups ---- most in 1/4 cup containers but a few 1/2 cups 11-24-19

Finish the Ornament centerpieces (making 11 might add another)

Reindeer Feed-have to get stuff so can hand some out on Thanksgiving Day Made 2 for Allen to take to deer camp--Teigan will help with others--I think. Made 68 reindeer feed tonight. 11-26-19

Maybe mom a scarf

Maybe Teigan a scarf

Potholders-----

Cord wraps-- These 3 items might be for games prizes--unless I do some for each persons sack

Jar openers------8 done 11-25-19

See about how I will do Teigan a couple of baby doll blankets

Finish up Teigans Indian costume for Tuesday (got added on like last Wed.) Top I have to iron on a few pieces of material, make a necklace, head band and a skirt. Her outfit is done. Just have to finish off headband when she puts it on. 1 small row of stitches and feathers on it. 12:01 a.m. 11-25-19

What do you all have planned for the week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AuntJamelle

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Really, really want to finish the Grinch ornaments so I can take one with me to Nebraska. I also need to get the Advent ornaments for Iris and Sonja mailed to them. Then, as I can find time, work on the Dirndl and growth chart, and, of course, CCS in the evenings.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A friend and I made 8 pairs of beaded toy soldier earrings yesterday. They will be for DrillDance team as a small Christmas gift.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It is really GO time, isn't it?

- "Made" these Rein-beer for my sister's BF:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49122618257/in/dateposted-public/

- Painted then filled a pretty frame with an Elf movie printable (will be part of an Elf themed gift basket)

- I got all the things needed to add vinyl to a coffee mug - will say "Baby It's Cold Outside" and also be part of the same gift basket. I was going to buy it but for $18.95 on average, I'll make it myself thank you! Sheesh!

- I'm 95% done with friendship embroidery hoop wall hanging...need one more good session and it will be done!

I have other things I want to still do but if they don't happen - they don't happen! Life will go on!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
One month to go! how did that happen?
I finished the quilted pad for the window seat. not sure if husband likes it all that much but he never sits there and I don’t care. Still need to make the pillow covers at some point.
Started putting together the ornaments. It took me 7 of them to figure out a easy way to put them together. I have 12 done. Only 24 more to go.
Happy crafting everyone.

Reactions: Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished crocheting baby blanket. Need to block it and then I have to crochet a dinosaur appliqué to put on it

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Have you shared your seasoning salt recipe? It might be a good gift for DSonIL. The Indian outfit is just darling. Teigan is a cutie-pie!

AJ ~ I made those Reinbeers for my DSonsIL one year. They are cute. Sounds like you’re a busy crafter this season, but you’ve got the right attitude.

Myron’s Mom ~ Good job finishing the window-seat pad. I have several slip covers I want to make for our stool in the entry way, but I can never seem to find the time.

Lucie ~ Your blog is very nice, and beautiful Christmas décor.

I made very little progress yesterday, but got lots of other things marked off my list.

Reactions: luludou

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
DD, it is the recipe for Paula Deens seasoning salt. I have been making it for several years.

1 cup kosher salt (if you look up her recipe at times it says kosher and other times table. I have made it with both.)
1/4 cup garlic powder
1/4 cup black ground pepper (freshly ground or coarse)
and this is optional---I use it some years and some years not.
1/4 cup onion powder
Mix all together and store in covered containers.

My progress so far this week:

Make the lotion-----made 7 cups or miracle cream 11-24-19

Make seasoning salt----made 7 cups ---- most in 1/4 cup containers but a few 1/2 cups 11-24-19

Finish the Ornament centerpieces (making 11 might add another) 2 in mail and all but 3 are done. Doing 10

Reindeer Feed-have to get stuff so can hand some out on Thanksgiving Day Made 2 for Allen to take to deer camp--Teigan will help with others--I think.

Maybe mom a scarf

Maybe Teigan a scarf

Potholders-----

Cord wraps-- These 3 items might be for games prizes--unless I do some for each persons sack

Jar openers------8 done 11-25-19

See about how I will do Teigan a couple of baby doll blankets

Finish up Teigans Indian costume for Tuesday (got added on like last Wed.) Top I have to iron on a few pieces of material, make a necklace, head band and a skirt. Her outfit is done. Just have to finish off headband when she puts it on. 1 small row of stitches and feathers on it. 12:01 a.m. 11-25-19

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for the recipe, Lana. I'm going to try it for myself and might gift some.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Today I tore apart the flowers from a friends dads funeral from spring and put pieces into see thru balls for the family members. Did his wife, his 2 girls and they each have 2 kids so 7. Didn't do the 3 great grandkids but didn't have enough flowers. Allen took them over there, since I was thinking they'd all be together tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD, it is the recipe for Paula Deens seasoning salt. I have been making it for several years.
I will create a folder in Patterns, links etc and store recipes that we find on here and would like to reference later. If its OK will add this salt recipe to it.