Crafters Challenge November 6th-12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Howdy Howdy!!!

I have 2 quilts squared up and ready to sew binding down. I really do like to sew it by hand but thinking the machine. It will be alittle stronger.

This week the plan is to work quilts.

I need to get containers for my vanilla.

Items to make the lotion and containers for it.

If I am doing Seasoning salt need to get those items and containers.

Also maybe cut out and do the front of the pillows (if I decide to do them) paint so they get get drying. White circle with a snowman face. Stuff it. Couldn't find the book with the pattern in it. Missing Book 4 so thinking it is in that one.

Yo Yos at lunch---only need about maybe 12 more.

What are your plans for the week?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished one crocheted rug and started another.
All my craft supplies are packed for the move :(

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did some knitting on dd's mittens yesterday... and undid it all once again :( will try again today

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Completed an infinity scarf and a cowl this week. They are really big! I keep wondering if these patterns are just oversized (style) or I am really loosey-goosey with the stitches ;)

Have 4 skeins in my to-do basket; I plan on two green 'one skein cowls' (different pattern) and a long and wider grey scarf with the other two.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Not having much luck on getting things done here. I thought maybe things were going to start slowing down a little with kids but nope, Kenny has at least two more cross country races States this coming weekend and then regionals, and possibly nationals. My brother informed me Friday night that someone opened an indoor dirt kart track and the kids are going to race those at least every other weekend beginning in December.

I am going to put what I want to try and get done today at least maybe that will help me stay on track a little.

Finish up outside scarecrow decoration
finish up tomato cage snowman
make at least one wreath. I ordered candy cane wreath forms so I need to figure out whom I am making them for when they come in and how I am doing them

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Katrina, good job crafting while you are in the middle of moving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucie, you will get it!

HouseElf, sounds like nice projects. I crochet tied so takes me more rounds.

Kim, you get a lot done with running with the kids!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Half a cuff is done... I know I made a mistake at one place but I am NOT unraveling it... I can't unravel just a bit I loose all my stitches . It will stay as it is... doesn't really show.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have started to sort photos for a photo book for DS.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I spray painted about 10 small Christmas village houses an ivory color. Will have to do a second coat tomorrow and then add some fake snow to the room and bottom of house. I will let you all know if it is a Pinterest fail or not. Looks cute so far.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, good going. Just keep going, you will get there

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I finished my hats. DD5 has purple, DD3 has pink, DD-? has turquoise, and I made one for myself with stripes from all three colours. I had just enough to make the little baby hat - unless this kid is born with a giant head like DD5.

I also made up booties to match two of the sweaters I made for the baby.

I need to think of a simple project to bring to the hospital with me to keep me busy. You don't get to put the tv on until after the baby is on, which is a little cruel because I think it would be a good distraction! Just lying there doesn't exactly make the time fly.

I haven't started my stocking for the baby yet, maybe I'll try to get started on that today.

HouseElf - It's hard to know. I'm a tight knitter so things always end up a little too small. Gauge really can make a different. My Nanny and I can knit up the same pattern and her project is loose and soft while mine is much smaller and tighter. She always told me I knit so tightly she could hear my needles squeaking :)

luludou - Are you doing mittens on 2 needles or on 4?

sweetpumpkinpye - I've always wanted to make a crochet rug.

Lana - The quilt on your blog looks so nice. Also, DD3 has that same little kitten dress that Teigan is wearing.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Katrina ~ When is the move?

Kim ~ I remember doing a lot of knitting at swim meets! Lap projects might be the way to go for you.

HouseElf ~ Have you checked your gauge? Scarves and cowls probably don’t have to be too specific in size.

Lucie ~ Is this the third start on the mittens? Hope it’s the charm!

Lana ~ That’s quite a list you have! Something like mine.

Ahorsesoul ~ I get up tight when I think of sorting photos. Too many to contemplate! Good for you!

MissJoDee ~ Will you be able to show us pictures of your Christmas village? Sounds cute.

FrostyShimmer ~ You’re making great progress on your knit items. You’re expecting DD#3? How wonderful!

I have all 6 quilt patterns done (3 rows each), and they are now read to be sewn together. I hope to be able to get that done tomorrow. Then side borders, and it will be ready to travel to Nebraska to show DD before I begin the quilting. I warned her that the quilt I made for her sister took two years. This seems to be going faster (so far).

I've been talking to DH about getting started on the putz house ornament.

I have all the quilt patterns ready to be sewn together (6 patterns = 5 seams), plus borders. Then it's ready to go to Nebraska with us.

Plans today are to go to a Sew Fun presentation today with a friend.

Other plans for this and upcoming weeks:
*Yo-yo bear and elephant (for Julia and Sonja) – need to make paws and sew it all together.
*Ornaments for DGDs (3)
*CCS fox
*Knit wedding afghan (I think I’ve decided on the pattern, so need to decide on yarn and get it ordered)
*Zip pouch (for lipstick and lip balm for backpack)
*Bento Bags for girlfriends (Susan/Karen/Kathy)
*Machine embroidery organza poinsettias (for DD#2 and/or myself)
*Beer bottle reindeer (make antlers ahead of time and confirm that DD has a hot glue gun for me to use)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
FS - it is on 4 needles and it's the 4th time. I'm almost finished with one cuff... there is a small mistake in it at one point but it will stay as is as I will not unravel the knitted part.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm 99% done with the felt school bus project. Sewed it up "on the tissue box" and it's a little long on one side so I'll have to trim it. Which made the opening at the top for the tissues off center. So I cute hole bigger and I'm either going to glue/sew on a wide ribbon around the opening or matching strips of yellow felt - I think it will disguise the mistake and make everything look centered again. Other than that I just need to hot glue on some pieces and it is done!

Hope to cut out my kits for the school notebook paper themed travel coffee mug sleeves this week. I want to make one for each of his aides and one of the other teachers on the team. Going back and forth between doing all in felt or in fabric. We'll see what I come up with. I'll buy the travel mugs at Meijer, they have nice ones, BPA free, for $5 each. I figure those plus the sleeve embroidered with each person's name will be a nice little gift!

These will be my last big project for Christmas! I've decided to make the dress up masks, etc. for DS for his birthday Feb 5th - which gives me another month to get it all done!

I do have some classroom treat type projects left to do as well, but they shouldn't take long! I'm doing reindeer mini water bottles and Christmas Pudding Cups. Can't wait to do those, they're going to be so cute!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I started a quilt project box today. I want to make DGS a onesie quilt. Still need a few more oneies or some t-shirts that he out grows.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Everybody is doing good!

Diedra, that will be such a nice quilt for him to have. I have the kids t-shirts that I keep thinking I will do but....

I finished the blue deer binding last night.

Hoping to do another one tonight. By the time supper, shower etc. don't get started till 7:30-8

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

AJ ~ Great fix-it idea on the school bus. I call that a “design element”! LOL

Ahorsesoul ~ Nice quilt idea!

Lana ~ It’s hard getting started that late. Good for you!

I thought I was going to Sew Fun with Kathy yesterday. I was all ready and waiting, but thought she was running quite late, so I check the calendar ... We're scheduled for today, not yesterday. So I was able to get the quilt top pieced, but it still needs the borders. I've made it to the backstitching on the CCS fox. Perhaps I can get it finished tonight.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well last night I (we--Allen came then) worked on a quilt but the first side I can't get the binding to fold right without a winkle on the top so cut the edge off and will put a piece of binding on. Only way I could think it out. So now I did not get a quilt done last night.

Going to go sew alittle before work on it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Last night I finished the fish quilt and also a jelly roll one. (nice Allen was picking supper up so I can home showered, ate and started before 6:30. That is the 3 that are for Texas. They will come in next Wed. 16th and go home the 25th or 26th so they can take those 3 boxes. Now 5 to do.

Got the material from Missouri Star Quilt for the backing for the tool caddy I will do for my Secret Santa.

How are you all coming?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Lana, I think you should invent a binding method that incorporates winkles.