Crafters Challenge October 22nd-October 28th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Well, HELLO and Good Afternoon!!!!!

Allen just got the computer hooked up in out room just a few minutes ago.

Have really missed checking to see what all you gals have been up to!!! Will have to go check the postings.

I go back to work tom. after a week of vacation. :( Got stuff done but nothing really completed just stuff started and messes everywhere.

So no sewing but have some materials pulled out.

What are you all up to this week?

Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Glad you're back!

This week:

I finished the take-four placemats today and have updated my blog with a few recent finishes. I’m using some of the same placemat fabric for a reversible topper for my wicker chest and also having DH get a template made for me to make a table topper. It feels so good to finally be doing some projects from my PIGS, something for myself, and stash-busting!

I should be finishing up the CCS poinsettia to make a December BD card with.

Thursday, Kathy and I are getting together either at one of our homes or at a coffee shop to work her through the tubular cast on for a hat.

I have all my I-Spy blocks (enough for 3 more quilts) all organized and boxed up to take with me the next time Kathy and I go to an Open Sew (which we have scheduled for the 31st).

Christmas crafts to focus on:

• Christmas stocking for Julia
  • Christmas ornaments for DGDs (3)
  • Collapsible thread catchers for DDs (2), Iris, and friends (Shirley & Karen)

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Quiet here!

I'm not getting much actual crafting done, but I did spend some time on the Craftermath Control this morning. In the process, I found some fabric that I can use as borders for my planned reversible wicker chest topper. I have the measurements of how to cut all the fabrics, so can go ahead with that project. I also took a close look at another PIG (chenille wall hanging) and made a note of the amount of backing fabric I need to purchase to proceed with that. DH is going to have a plexiglass template made for me to use for an octagonal table topper I want to make. All for ME!

However, my Craftermath Control has a long way to go!

Tomorrow a friend and I are taking a road trip through the pass to Leavenworth (Bavarian-style tourist village ... about a 2 hour drive) We'll have lunch, visit a quilt shop, and return. The fall colors in the pass are sensational right now! Our original plan was to get together for some knitting, but this will be a better adventure. We will definitely get our knitting in another time.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Worked on the embellishing Christmas advent calendar, and two soft books.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Last night I unknitted AGAIN part of the scarf. I'm thinking either continue as is or go show the knitting lady so she can advise me and maybe start all over again? If I decide to go I'll have to start the socks and show her at the same time... hum.....

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Lucie ~ Any progress with your scarf since Thursday?

Kathy and I had a great road trip day over the pass on Thursday, lunch at Leavenworth and shopping at a local quilt shop. A good day. One of my brain bunnies turned into a PIG at the quilt shop. I purchased some fat quarters to make some wall hangings (sort of barn-quilt style, but made with fabric) for our front entry (outside). I also purchased another batik fat quarter picked out by the quilt shop employee for my "Cool Water" batik quilt.

I finished the center table topper to match my placemats and ordered fabric to make napkins. Then I got anxious to make a nice centerpiece to go with the new table setting and ordered a few things as well as Googling other ideas. I may go to Michael's tomorrow to see about getting some white silk poinsettias.

I saw a santa sleigh and reindeer bunting recently that I'd like to make (another brain bunny), and tonight I found some machine embroidery designs (and bought them online) to make it (some day).

Reactions: AuntJamelle