Crafters Challenge September 3rd-September 9th, 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!

The months with the BER are upon us!

I will place my order this week for the material I will use for the 12 Days of Christmas project. Sewing theme fabrics.

I need to look for some fabric for pillows for one nephew unless I do him the deer also. He collects superhero items so need to check to be sure what type. He is 31.

I will be getting my items in order so when off In October I can sew. So is my plan!

Loved reading all about the items you all worked on last week!

What is on your schedule for this week?

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Greetings!

Lana ~ Thanks for the get-go this morning. Superheroes seem to be popular among young adult males. A friend of mine’s son is partial to Spiderman.

We will be at the lake until Thursday, so, while here I hope to finish a CCS motif for an early October BD card, then make the card when we get home. I have some other CCS motifs I can work on if I finish it early. I also need to get knitting on some hats for DGDs for Christmas. I tried to get one cast on the other night but I guess I was too distracted with a football game on TV. I tried 4 times and finally just frogged it and set it aside. I’m planning on the knitting for our upcoming travel trailer trip. Once we are home this week, one of my major goals is to get the I-Spy quilt blocks finished so that they can come on our trip with us. I should be able to find some time for sewing while we’re away. Then when we get back, I will sandwich and quilt. I also have a free motion ruler work quilting class scheduled for Saturday.

A friend brought some pillow covers to the lake to sew on, so I have helped her figure out how to do them. I’m sure she could figure it out herself, but she always seems to want some encouragement, and, of course, I love working on it with her.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I have been working on slipper patterns, crochet. I did a set Friday night but didn't love them so will continue working through my "pins" till I find one I like working with :)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Hopefully an hour a day on the UFOs. I have a couple of supervise the building days this week and will take somethings that require hand sewing.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not yet at the point to go back to knitting lady and dh is home tomorrow because it's a national holiday. so will continue & try to go next week.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Hi ladies. Next to no crafting for me but I am.back to knitting dish cloths for gifts and adding scrubby ones also. Time to get them going for Christmas!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday is now our craft day for DD. We try a new craft each week. Sometimes DD will try it sometimes not. So far We've done a clay project, garage art (cut out a picture pattern from cardboard boxes, glue layers on a square piece of cardboard, then paint and frame) and last week was friendship bracelets out of embroidery floss. Next will be making a fall wreath.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
We went to Cracker Barrel for DH birthday dinner and they had a circular display rack for plates that said buy me for $3.50. It was crying to be owned and needed. It should hold a nice size candle in the middle and decor according to the seasons or I think I could turn it into a wreath.

This is similar to what I purchased. Middle has a hole for container or candle. I would like idea if you have any.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Beautiful find, Jody!

I finished the first little felt purse and have made really good progress on the second one. Will keep plugging away at it!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
This is what I did with the plate rack I just got.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Miss JoDee can't see your picture, I'll try from home but the top one was beautiful

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lucie I am at work today and will try to get the picture of later today.

Reactions: luludou

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007

Greetings!

Jody ~ I don’t see a picture either, but the first one leads to all kinds of possibilities! You could weave seasonal-themed fabrics through it (I’m a fabric girl, you know) or garlands. I’m anxious to see what you came up with. I haven’t seen the finish on yours, but I might be tempted to spray paint it. DH and I have been spray painting a table and lantern here at the lake to give them a fresh look. The smoke is curtailing our project somewhat as we are trying not to let ash settle on the wet paint. (We are dealing with a lot of smoke from fires. The whole state is under a smoke cloud, I think.) I have another lantern at home that will probably also get a fresh “do”. I’ve had DH use the Rustoleum paint on quite a few things over the last several years. There is quite a variety of colors and finishes. This time we are using one that is supposed to give a “hammered” look, but I don’t think it really does.

I did finally struggle with and finish the backstitching on the CCS motif for DD’s BD card. I’m not sure why I found it so hard, but was probably a combination of not the best lighting and also trying to converse with a friend while doing it. With that finished, I started a small Christmas CCS motif.

I’ve found a very interesting cast-on method to try for the hats I want to knit. It’s a tubular cast on in the round. Very interesting! Intriguing.

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DJ - Let us know how that new cast on method works! I was just teaching my sister long tail cast on this Monday - she is getting into knitting! :)

I'm almost finished with embroidery on second felt purse. Just a bit more to do, a button to sew on and then I can sew the whole thing up!

Spent a good amount of time last night cleaning up my craft area. It was a wreck - in large part from all the wrapping supplies I left out after our last MHH Wrapping Party. Oops!

But now it is ready for a fresh wave of creativity!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Re-posting to show you what I did with the plate rack.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 11

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
AJ ~ Will report back on the cast-on method.

Jody ~ That's beautiful! A good reminder for me, too, that I want to do my fall decorating when we get home from the lake. We will be taking a trip in mid-September, and I want to come home to the fall decor in the house. Maybe I'll find something I can take along in the trailer to spice it up for the season as well.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh, Jody - that ROCKS! Great job! :)

I did a tiny bit of embroidery on felt purse last night while DS was in the shower. Then DH came in from garage and I headed to grocery store and that was all she wrote! Better a little something than nothing though!