December 1st 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
:tree2:
The real countdown till Christmas starts right now! Let's celebrate each days as it comes to us by sharing to dos or marking them off right here....in this daily thread....or simply post about something special or a great moment from the current day.

:snowman2:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One the first day of Christmas..........
I finished decorating my house, and am really pleased with the results.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Elf arrived this morning with the advent calendar! The other left is out of town and at dd's appartment.
Will be wrapping some more this afternoon and reviewing the gift list and freezer list.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Good Morning!

Sounds like a good ideal Ginger!

I will place gifts all together tonight and see what I have and make a list as to what is needed.

Yesterday was 63 and people running around without jackets. This a.m. cold and freezing rain but more is to come this afternoon they say.

I called Allen alittle before 6 and told him I thought I would resign today and just stay home and he could work longer! Feels so good to just be home and not have to dress and do hair and get out. I am such a homebody!!! He will probably be retiring about April of 16 if not sooner.

While off I went to eye doctor, mammogram and Wal-Mart by Jaymees 5 minutes, Ran to Joanns and Target, Thanksgiving at my sisters Thurs and then last night to Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart to finish up small gift items for Teigans poster. Normally I run more but ....

I got the gifts wrapped and Allen ran them to Hoyleton last night so she'd have her first one today. I had to dig out my clothes and find my shoes my work. Made Allen chocolate chip cookies for work breaks. Wanted a easy a.m..

Ryan went to start his truck and my car for the ice on windows.

Need to finish decorating the inside.

Teigan just stared at the tree. I think twice she reached for it and I had to be stern and say no and swattered her hand :(.

Well my friends, have a GREAT day!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think most of the decorating is done. Tonight I plan on going out and taking a picture of the house all lit up, haven't done that yet. Our elves arrived this morning with advent calendars that have a chocolate in them for each day and the kids also get a Hershey Kiss in the big wooden box calendar as well.

I still need to finish up shopping for DD and Eli and then work on stocking stuffers. For DD I just need to get some clothes and Eli toys. I have a list started of what I want to pick up so I plan on doing that this week. I also need to finalize my baking list and make a shopping list of anything I need. I already purchased the containers for the neighbor/friend food gifts. And in typing this, I realized that I forgot the neighbors that are attached to us. We're not really friends but say hi when we see each other. Wonder if I could just skip them? Hmmm, will have to think on this or else buy another container.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I gave consideration to what I will be cooking while we're at the cabin at the lake, but not a lot other than that was done today. Work and Weight Watchers meeting plus bill paying were about it.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
This is nice. I look forward to reading what everyone's doing as we get ready for the main event.

MrsSoup I took a picture of my balcony last night with the lights on. It's not as sharp as I would like so I may try again. Too, my decorations are all up. It looks so festive. I hope to post pictures on my blog by the end of the week.

I spent the evening on the sofa trying to watch a holiday program that was on tv, 'Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer'. I'm dealing with a sore throat and just was not in the mood to do anything. Today might be another day of rest for me. I'm still not feeling so good.

Something special I'm doing this year is taking pictures everyday of different situations all related to the holidays. I found a countdown on Pinterest, 'Photo-A-Day' where each day you take a picture of whatever the topic is about. Yesterday was your view of the day. Today's picture topic is about your favorite holiday movie.

Here's a link to the countdown if anyone is interested.
www.lulabelleblog.com/2012/11/december-photo-day-challenge.html

Also I am reading daily scriptures from an app I have on my phone, The Bible by YouVersion. You can also use your computer or tablet.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Aggy what a great idea... even for a journal! I will print it out and put it with my 'ready to journal for Christmas stuff'. I forgot to get the stuff out but I will be doing that today.

Yesterday got some US stamps for Christmas cards too and did some wrapping.

maurice.cowell

Retire Member
Mar 10, 2013
Australia
hcconvey.com.au
We're finally done with decorating the house and the porch. I think I'm almost done with what to get for everyone as well. I'm quite excited about finalizing the events we'll be holding this holiday season too.