Easter 2013

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JennyMariePhoto

Retire Member
Nov 30, 2012
Anyone doing any planning today for Easter? I am planning an outline of dinner, decorations & crafts

Gone is the Easter where afterwards I have regrets of what I forgot or didn't get acomplished.

:easterbunny:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
great job! I have not thought about EAster yet. I really should.... It tends to just be my family of 5 so no special things are required. My kids are getting older and I need to see if they want to dye egge we never got to it last year.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Regretfully Easter is my least favorite holiday to decorate for, host, craft for, etc. I always work the day before Easter. The boys will be with us this year but we usually go to the Japanese Steak house for dinner. I suppose I should muster up some planning for it.

JennyMarie good job on getting a head start! Those plans can make a world of difference!!!!!!!!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Thanks for this reminder! I haven't started to think about Easter yet - but it would be a good time for doing it now. Christmas with its stuff is over, home is cleaned up, winter decoration is up and gardening season hasn't started yet.

Will think about crafting ideas for DD and me, meals and pastries, decorations and special family activities aside from egg hunting for the kids.

Chilli

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I was thinking about this the other day sitting at work. I have not done anything for Easter in quite a while. So I would like to have my family over after church for Easter dinner. Just me, my mom and stepdad, my brother and his wife, nieces and nephews.

We always celebrate Easter by doing tradtional things, but I always feel that we don't make enough of the occasion- especially in a Christian home. Church is one thing, but we really make the most of Christmas and its real meaning in our house- but not so much fuss over Easter, which, as I'm always emphasising to our kids, is just as important.

So, this year, I want to make more of an effort and, although it won't be on the same scale as Christmas, I want to do SOME decorating at least!

Both of the kids (they're late teens and daughter is almost 20) have a girlfriend/ boyfriend this year as well- and I'd like to include something for them and a little gift for their families too; so I'll be scouring here for inspiration for that. DD's boyfriend lives in London, so whatever I make for them will have to survive the 45 minute train journey from here to London, then a 40 min underground trip to his parents' house.

I revamped my Christmas notebook this Christmas just gone- and it worked brilliantly- so I think a good starting point would be to actually create a section- or a mini notebook- for Easter, too.

That's a good bit to be getting on with!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nice to hear about your plans.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Traditionally our Easter celebrations begin on Good Friday. We generally fry fish and boil crawfish. This year I think we'll just stick with the boiled crawfish. I have to talk to my FIL but we might do that at his house since he has such a huge covered patio.

The next day, Saturday, is always a day with the kids dying eggs...........outdoors of course. They play and get as much dye on them as they do on the eggs.

I will cook Easter Sunday at lunch which usually consists of a beef roast, ham and all the trimmings. Of course this is followed by the egg hunt for the children which gifts them with prizes in every egg. The grand finale' is the adult egg hunt with a $50 bill in the Golden Egg, $1 Gold coins in some, gift certificates for manicures, restaurants and movies in a few others. It's often funnier to watch the adults than it is the kids.

This year I will keep my dogs kenneled. They watched the kids hunting eggs one year and we were all cheering the kids on hollering find the eggs, find the eggs. The dogs were obedient and took off to a neighboring farm and found eggs of their own. :( These were rare ostrich and pea**** (OMG, the NBC bird) eggs and the owners were not happy at all as they arrived a few minutes later.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Ellen~cute story about the dogs!

We celebrate Easter with some fanfare. I do some lenten prep with the kids. We got to early morning mass dressed up in our "easter" clothes. I usually host dinner for my family, have an egg hunt for the kids and visit the inlaws. I plan on decorating an egg tree this year since we actually have some landscaping. I do some other decorating as well....really focusing on the table.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Ellen - I LOVE the idea of an adult egg hunt! Too fun!

We usually host my inlaws. Last year, I took the boys to the Easter Vigil at church the night before - I won't do that again! It was much longer than I remembered, and the boys were antsy to say the least. Nope - mass in the morning this year and they'll just have to wait to open their baskets. We always have the main meal around 2pm - ham. The egg hunt for the kids will follow.

The added wrinkle is that the boys and I will be in Florida the week before visiting my parents...we get back midafternoon on Saturday! Guess I'll just warn the inlaws that they'll be visiting "DH-ville"! ;)