Easter 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ended up watching the UP DVD I ordered for DS's Easter basket ...SO, I ordered a game for his 3DS instead. Now I am DONE! Just candy to buy when it starts to go on sale! :)

Although I do need to decide on classroom treats for Easter and get that started...ok so things are never DONE...lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN

Attachments

• PB Eggs.jpg
    PB Eggs.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: jollykelly

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
We are doing a new thing at the Schoch household this year. We are going to the beach! It is the first Easter that we have our condo so we are going to take advantage of DD time off from school and go down to Ocean City NJ for the long weekend. I am keeping DD Easter basket pretty simple. She appreciates finer chocolate over quantity, so just a few chocolate bunnies from the fancy candy store and a container of non parielles (sp?). I will have to research if there are any places to go to a nice Easter dinner, as OCNJ is a typical resort town and just has a lot of pizza joints! My Mom usually hosts Easter and is not thrilled with us not being there, but I want to start our own traditions.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We are doing a new thing at the Schoch household this year. We are going to the beach! It is the first Easter that we have our condo so we are going to take advantage of DD time off from school and go down to Ocean City NJ for the long weekend. I am keeping DD Easter basket pretty simple. She appreciates finer chocolate over quantity, so just a few chocolate bunnies from the fancy candy store and a container of non parielles (sp?). I will have to research if there are any places to go to a nice Easter dinner, as OCNJ is a typical resort town and just has a lot of pizza joints! My Mom usually hosts Easter and is not thrilled with us not being there, but I want to start our own traditions.

The Boat House in Wildwood isn't bad and The Lobster House in Cape May is pretty good. Avoid Uries in Wildood, the last time I ate thereI got sick a couple hours later.

I have a friend who lives in Ocean City, I can ask her what are some good places to eat at.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Awesome Minta! Such a small world. I will check those places out.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ

I spoke to my friend and she gave me the name of the following restaurants:
In Ocean City:
Piccini
Randzzo
Marios

In Somers Point:
Clancys by the Bay
Windjammer's
Anchorage
Crab Trap

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went through the bag of items I bought at the sales after Easter last year and have updated my planning documents...looking forward to putting basket together when it's time. I think I'll need to use a bigger basket this year!

Also realized I should give some thought to what we will wear to Easter supper. We'll do an egg hunt in the yard afterwards and I want a nice-ish outfit on DS for pictures. It all depends on the weather - it could be super nice or really chilly - almost have to plan for both!

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I spoke to my friend and she gave me the name of the following restaurants:

I will check these out. Thank you so much!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw a meme on facebook yesterday that said
Easter Sunday and April Fool's are on the same day, so tell the kids to hunt for eggs that you haven't hidden LOL.
I am a little more prepared than last week but still need to finalise my menu.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought 3 m&m tubes for the nephews. will wrap a $5 bill around these and voilà, their gifts are done :)

Reactions: teachermomof2

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished getting items for the Eater baskets. Still need to pack baskets.
At the mall yesterday there were some amazing decor. I bought a lovely plate with black and white bunnies for the entry hall, 1 for me and 1 for mum. Some beautiful linens but asked the sales girl will they be reduced and she said yes. Will wait until marked down and if not will not matter.

Still need to decorate.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I haven't started Easter yet. I need to plan things out. The kids get some good chocolates and of course, a few reese's eggs and jelly beans. I will order it from M's fundraiser for dance, so it will be a win-win. We used to do new swimwear, flip-flops and sunglasses, but things are different now that they are older. I'll probably get M some girly things and a new tee or two and H will get some a new tee or two with his candy.

I'm in charge of dinner and have been pinning ideas for the table decorations. I saw the cutest burlap bunny napkin rings at BB&B that I'm going to pick up this weekend with some coupons that have arrived in the mail this week. I still want to pickup the bunnies I saw at Michael's...hopefully this weekend too!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought green / red jelly beans on sale... they will go for the Easter candy bar I'll be bringing at mom's :)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I saw a meme on facebook yesterday that said
Easter Sunday and April Fool's are on the same day, so tell the kids to hunt for eggs that you haven't hidden LOL.
I am a little more prepared than last week but still need to finalise my menu.

Yes and it is also Luke's 13th Birthday. He tells me he has his instagram post already planned out- opening Birthday gifts eating Easter chocolate!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
We dont do gifts- just chocolate eggs or bunnies or a mix of both.

We will do seafood on Friday. Not sure yet about Sunday- being Luke's birthday we usually eat out BUT on busy days like Easter- we find the food and service is often rushed and not as good as usual. Lots of places tend to have set menu's as well which we are not usually keen on. He is having a BBQ with his swim and school mates but that will be the weekend after as many take the opportunity to head away for the weekend- its a 4 day weekend here.

Reactions: teachermomof2

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm with you and Luke about eating out on a Holiday. I'd rather go the week before or the week after. Better service and food.

Reactions: tanya

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, totally agree with maybe not eating out on Easter. Some establishments add a surcharge for being a public holiday.
I still need to organise the menu here.