Easter

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Easter
I love this time of year! This is the time I start thinking seriously about Easter. I hear people saying that they don’t do much or think much about Easter. Then they wear them selves out preparing for Christmas and Halloween.
I don’t see how you can feel that way about Christmas and not feel that way about Easter.
Anyone who celebrates Christmas must believe in Jesus, it is after all his birth we are celebrating right?
The biggest gift he gave us was his life. So I think Easter is equally as important as Christmas.
I love decorating my home or Easter! I think I love the colors of Easter as much as I love the colors of Christmas.
I teach a bible study to a group of ladies at a retirement center, and I think I will start doing a in-depth study on the crucifixion for Easter.

So what are some of your Easter traditions?
I have a friend who gets up early on Easter and bakes fresh bread.
I put out my Bunny collection with my cross in the center.
I am decorating little bitty bird houses right now to look like a little Easter village.
I would love to have some one cut out a huge cross for me to decorate and put out in my yard. Maybe with the big eggs around the base; and with a crown of thorns hanging on it.
I’m planning on making some little bible markers for gifts for my little ladies.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have a white basket that is filled with lights up easter eggs that I put out. I also buy the kids little Easter crafts kits where they can make bunnies and chicks so we can use them for decorations. I need to get a new Easter flag and may look into getting some more decorations for outside.
This year I am thinking about making hot cross buns for Easter morning. Easter is one of the few holidays that we do not entertain. Hubby and I like to spend this day with the kids relaxing, watching any new DVS they got in their easter basket and playing board games. In the past I have made a ham for dinner but this year I am thining about grilling some nice steaks.

Glenda

Retire Member
Dec 10, 2008
Virginia
I love Easter! I love displaying my Jim Shore Easter figurines and other Easter Decor. I usually decorate on March 1st even if Easter comes in April.

My favorite item is a Jim Shore Egg that shows the three crosses with Jesus in the middle. I also have several pieces that show families headed to church on Easter morning.

I love sharing my set of Resurrection Eggs with my kids and other little ones. This year my DD is making a homemade set of Resurrection Eggs to share with her "Bible Buddy" friend at school.

We usually have several Egg Hunts and parties. My Sunday School class has a fun dinner and the kids make an Easter craft and then hide and hunt eggs.

Glenda

caitsmum

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2008
Bedfordshire England
Easter
I love decorating my home or Easter! I think I love the colors of Easter as much as I love the colors of Christmas.

Hi Debbie, I'm interested in what you use as Easter colours??

I have red, green and some gold at Christmas but had never really thought about Easter - when I think of a secular "easter" (easter bunny and all that) I think of pastels, but isn't it Purple in church??

AM

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
When I think of Easter, I think pastels. Last year, I put some pastel lights under Easter grass and decorated my mantel with it and then I put some bunny stuff and baskets on it. It really looked pretty. We have an egg hunt for the DGC now also. For dinner, we have ham and sweet potatoes and green bean casserole along with a couple of other veggies. For dessert, I usually make a coconut bunny cake. It is a very important holiday for me also.

Last edited:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Debbie as you may or may not know we're in a new home this year. Thanks for starting this thread. I look forward to hearing everyone's ideas.

Yes, Jesus ressurection is just as important as his birth!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Yes, I do decorate for Easter. We have an egg hunt every year. I bake Italian Easter bread for our Easter dinner. Of course, we get new clothes for church. I want to do a cross draped in purple for Lent in the yard. I just have to get on it.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I usually have pastel colors too although the colors represent different things. It's been awhile. I know that blue represents loyalty, purple is royalty, red is passion, I think pink is beauty or loveliness, gold is deity, I don't remember what green was and I think yellow was happiness or something like that.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I have slowly been collecting Easter decorations, and enjoy putting them out--I tend to like nostalgic/old themes, so Goodwill and yard sales have helped me add things..it is mostly a mish-mash...we do Easter baskets and make special cookies, along with an Easter egg hunt at church...

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We do the resurrection eggs too and I did a lap book last year with dd about them. You can see them on my blog....just search Easter.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
We decorate for Easter as well...lots of painted ceramic and wooden eggs and flowers. We color real eggs on Good Friday and generally have Easter dinner with my inlaws. There are several local egg hunts and we try to get to at least one. I fill plastic eggs for the boys to find in the yard on Easter morning...and of course new outfits for church! (no pretty Easter bonnets and gloves for us, but I do love the boys in crisp new slacks and shirts!)