elf card swap

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
it has been suggested on facebook that the elves send each other christmas cards, what are your thoughts/ideas etc? would you want to send/receive cards from other elves?

i think its a good idea.

ps - would rather do it via here and other elf site than facebook!

Last edited:

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
I'd be happy to send one from Australia, from my elves Jingle and Jangle

PM me your address!! and i'm sure jingle and jangle would love to get one too

Michelle..think my life is being taken over by elves at the moment

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
have sent both of you a pm with my elves n address!

anyone else want a card?

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
if you PM me your elf name and address i will send mine back to you.

amy

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
My school elf Elwyn is interested but I'm not sure how the office manager at school will react to cards arriving in the mail for the elf. :) Also he is only there until 10th December. (when school finishes for the year)

I might approach the office manager with the idea and see what she says.

Carol

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I am making a little treat for each elf that I swap cards with, but I need a little information about each elf. Please let me know if your elves are boy elves or girl elves. If your elf is not a caucasian/white elf, please let me know so I can work accordingly. (I hope I do not offend anyone by asking that because I sure don't mean too, I'd just like for your elf to look similar to what I'm making.) I need hair color and eye color too. I think your elves will like what I'm making. All 12 of our elves and their pets have one too! If your elf has a special pet, let me know what it's name is and if it's a boy or girl animal.
So far, I have the following elves on my list:
Bertie Elfkins and Merry Sugarsocks (yummy mummy amy)
Jingle and Jangle (Nicurn92)
Jingle and Jangle Elfkins (modnm)

I am hoping to finish and have these in the mail on Friday. If anyone else wants to swap cards, just pm me and if you would, go ahead and send the above information. Gotta get back to work while my supper is cooking and the kids and puppy are quiet.

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
Carol, my elves could send Elwyn a card, they arrive hopefully on the 1st dec, and as i'm in QLD the card shouldn't take too long.

Dawn, my elves are 2 boys one with blonde hair andone brunnette ( both causcasian magic elf ones).

I've just posted the ' we've been choose as elf trainer ' letter can't wait for the boys to get it this afternoon.

Michelle

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I am making a little treat for each elf that I swap cards with, but I need a little information about each elf. Please let me know if your elves are boy elves or girl elves. If your elf is not a caucasian/white elf, please let me know so I can work accordingly. (I hope I do not offend anyone by asking that because I sure don't mean too, I'd just like for your elf to look similar to what I'm making.) I need hair color and eye color too. I think your elves will like what I'm making. All 12 of our elves and their pets have one too! If your elf has a special pet, let me know what it's name is and if it's a boy or girl animal.
So far, I have the following elves on my list:
Bertie Elfkins and Merry Sugarsocks (yummy mummy amy)
Jingle and Jangle (Nicurn92)
Jingle and Jangle Elfkins (modnm)

I am hoping to finish and have these in the mail on Friday. If anyone else wants to swap cards, just pm me and if you would, go ahead and send the above information. Gotta get back to work while my supper is cooking and the kids and puppy are quiet.

bertie is male and "a 7-dwarfe from snow white" has white hair and beard - see his blog.
merry is girl - has brown hair in 2 buns with red/white stripe tights (see facebook)

hope this helps and doesnt cause problems.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
cards to usa and aus have been posted uk 1s will be written by elves on 1st and posted on 2nd. if anyone else wants a card from my elves please PM me your address

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
rofl, dh got the mail today and was very confused as to exactly who jingle and jangle were and why they were getting mail at our house.... Thanks so much amy for the card for them. Mine of course has not made it to the mail yet... running to post office on monday. :) maggie

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
rofl, dh got the mail today and was very confused as to exactly who jingle and jangle were and why they were getting mail at our house.... Thanks so much amy for the card for them. Mine of course has not made it to the mail yet... running to post office on monday. :) maggie

cool, glad its arrived, didnt take long. what did you tell OH???

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
OUr elves received their first card today and DD was so excited. I know everybody on our street heard her yell, "the elves got mail, MAMA!!! the Elves got mail!!!!" This was a great idea! I bought stamps today and will finish and get them in the mail tomorrow morning!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
OUr elves received their first card today and DD was so excited. I know everybody on our street heard her yell, "the elves got mail, MAMA!!! the Elves got mail!!!!" This was a great idea! I bought stamps today and will finish and get them in the mail tomorrow morning!

LOL! bertie and merry's by any chance???

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
cool, glad its arrived, didnt take long. what did you tell OH???

I didn't tell him much because he just was rolling his eyes... :) and what the heck does "OH" stand for? :) I keep seeing it over on the uk board that has an elf thread and I can't figure it out. :) maggie

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
I didn't tell him much because he just was rolling his eyes... :) and what the heck does "OH" stand for? :) I keep seeing it over on the uk board that has an elf thread and I can't figure it out. :) maggie

OH = other half, used alot as not everyone is married etc.

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
I have only 2 address one for bertie and co and the other for Hannah and the gang of elves with Dawn. Anyone else wanting a card for australia please PM me
Michelle