elf card swap

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
Things have been extremely hectic here with Thanksgiving and traveling to the east coast for the holiday. I haven't had time to get my cards ready and haven't even been on here to send my info to others. Our elf, Ollie, just arrived last night... I'll be sending out cards to those who want one. Please PM me if you would like a card from Ollie visiting Ohio!
(Maggie & JeniferDwn, I got your PM and will be sending cards soon!)

~Ang
:snowball:

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
{{and the other for Hannah and the gang of elves with Dawn}} That is hilarious!!! That makes me think of an outlaw gang or something and that fits them perfectly!!! I hope the rest of my family doesn't walk in and see me sitting here laughing to myself!!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Our elves have received cards from Bertie Elfkins and Merry Sugarsocks.

I have finished and sent cards for
Jingle and Jangle Elfkins
Jingle and Jangle (Richards)
Bertie Elkins and Merry Sugarsocks

I will get Ollie's finished tomorrow. Anybody else?

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
I now want to do a "flat elf" in july... just warning y'all now.... :) (think flat stanley)

maggie

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
Please explain the flat Stanley thing. I never quite understood the concept.

my understanding of "flat stanley" is that he is flat (so he fits in an envelope) and he gets sent off to relatives/friends and they take him around with them for a week and write a little journal for his adventures.
for example: my cousin's 3rd grader sent flat stanley to my granny and she sent him off with my mom on a tour of washington dc. My mom took pictures of him at the capitol, some random museums, etc and then my granny wrote all about it.

of course, I have so many elves, I could send one of them in a box around the country and people could take him around with them and take pictures. (kind of like the travelocity gnome?)

it would also drive my dd (who will be 16 in may) nuts which is always a good reason to do anything :)

maggie

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
I've known Girl Guide groups to send "Flat Stacey" girl guides by snail mail and also email. They also send out travelling mascots (dolls, stuffed animals, etc.) I have participated in both of these programs previously.

Elwyn has already had an offer from a Girl Guide group in another Australian State to "virtually" visit them. :)

Carol
South Australia

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Oh, that sounds like fun. If anyone decides to do the traveling elf or the flat elf sign me up. I'll be glad to do either for anyone. There aren't alot of interesting places to see but we will have lots of fun anyway. We have very wild imaginations!!

Last edited:

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
Thank you Amy your card arrived today, pity my elves are stuck somewhere over the ocean on their way from America!!!. I have hid it, so i can put it back in the post box when they arrive
Michelle

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Thank you Amy your card arrived today, pity my elves are stuck somewhere over the ocean on their way from America!!!. I have hid it, so i can put it back in the post box when they arrive
Michelle

thats cool, glad it arrived. the elves will be writing cards to the uk eelves tonight for me to post tomorrow. sorry to hear the elves not arrived yet.

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
Elwyn is happy to swap with other elves in Australia and has a small supply of overseas stamps also. School is nearly finished for the year so he will use my mailing address. PM me if you elf/ves would like to swap cards with Elwyn.

Carol
South Australia

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Elwyn is happy to swap with other elves in Australia and has a small supply of overseas stamps also. School is nearly finished for the year so he will use my mailing address. PM me if you elf/ves would like to swap cards with Elwyn.

Carol
South Australia

did you get the card from bertie and merry?

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Has anyone received cards from my "elf gang" (thanks to modnm that them a gang, that has stuck with our family and that's perfect!) yet?

Ollie's is in today's mail. He should get it the first of next week.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Has anyone received cards from my "elf gang" (thanks to modnm that them a gang, that has stuck with our family and that's perfect!) yet?

Ollie's is in today's mail. He should get it the first of next week.

not yet, but the snow here has meant a backlog of post as the ppostmen cant carry as much or go out on bikes (so i was told this morning.) will let you know when it arrives.

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
Hi Dawn.. and the elf gang!!!, Not recieved anything yet.. and still no sign of the elves.. my poor little boys are so desperate for them to arrive!!

I had to tell them last night that they weren't real people.. was listening to them outside the bedroom door, and they where discussing if the elves would like to sleep in the guest bedroom, and what clothes they could borrow. They also said they hoped they spoke English as they didn't know if elf spoke North Pole-ish and they wouldn't know what they said. And what would people say when they walked to the shops!!

They were still excited after explaining that in fact they look like toys... cause not everyone believes.. ( Polar Express style) and they only come alive a night for those who are specially choosen for believing... boys happy.. mummy averted major fallout!!

Michelle

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
bertie and merry received 3 cards today - 2 from USA and 1 from aus, i cant say thanks to anyone yet as not sure who from....... and cant find out until tomorrow as bertie and merry have gone back to the north pole to fech berties best friend!!!

edit - me being dumb - the usa 1s are from the allen family - thanks dawn and the aus 1 is from jingle and jangle elfkins (both say on envelope!!! LOL!)

the kids were shocked to see that some elves had the same surname as bertie AND THEY MUST be family!

Last edited:

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
my elves have received all kinds of cards... they have been slacking though since I was away at the Oireachtas this past weekend. all cards will go out in the mail today or tomorrow and hopefully will arrive in a timely manner. :) maggie