Elf Door Idea

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I made an elf door! Its a painted piece of wood... :) Decorated of course with a button door knob etc. I also made a little sign to hang above it. I put it near the baseboard on the wall in the living room. I can't wait for Evan to come over tomorrow night and discover it!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It is beautiful ginger! I always wanted to make one. How big is it?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thanks! It's about 3 inches by 7 inches. They were precut wooden rectangles....I used one for a faery door in the summer.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Oh my goodness..I just thought of something. Why not use one of those door hangers to make an entrance you could just hang on the door handle easily. Just like above, but with the door knob hole. Hmmm??

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
GREAT IDEA!!!

:smilegifts:

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
This is too weird!!! I was just thinking on the way to work, how I wish I could find an Elf door to put out tonight so the elves could come through it tonight into the house! And I get to work and find this!!! I love the lights, are those pieces of fabric? I might could draw and paint some small lights around the door since DH is the King of Lights in our neighborhood! LOL Never thought about painting a piece of wood. I guess my lunch hour will be spent running to Hobby Lobby!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The lights are little paper photo corners from scrapbooking supplies! You could also use a stiff piece of cardboard for the door and cover it with paper.

:clothes: