Elf Ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I thought I would start up a thread to share ideas for elf michief. I know I need some ideas. So what have your elves been up to? What are the future plans for them?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Traditionally our elves leave sticky notes all over the house on their first night. Since them they have read a new Christmas pop up book, decorated the bathroom and a ladder I left out too long and will, soon, decorate the boys hall/door (they do that every year also). They have also slid down the banister and I think tonight they will roast marshmellos on tooth picks over a flameless candles.

There are a few post from last year on my blog of what else they have done.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Thanks! I just updated it.
Last night I went to the dollar store and got some Christmas cards and had the elves write cards to their friends and family. Like Santa, or Frosty at 3 Snowball court, Ma and Pa Elf 10 Candy Cane lane...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Tonight (since I forgot this morning), the elves will be bringin the advent calendar. I'll put some chocolate in #1 pocket.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I borrowed this idea from someone.....the elves came yesterday while the kids were at school. (spent my whole lunch hour to run home and set it up) they found the advent calendars i had for the kids and were playing with them. Then last night, I had the lunch boxes on the table and since the elves were tired from their long journey, they didn't do too much,but they "helped" me pack their lunch boxes. One box had a can of tuna, a can of frosting, bag of Moist and Meaty (dog food), black olives, a cracker and an elf cup. the other box had a bag of Moist and Meaty, a can of salmon, a pack of taco seasoning, can of marshmellow cream, box of baking soda, 1 cracker and an elf cup. they thought the foods were "dicusting" - this is DS4s favorite word for foods he doesnt' like. My kids cracked up! they did jump out of bed quicker than they have since last Christmas though!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
oh I like the lunch idea I'll do that. maybe with little foods (I have small crackers and sponge bob gummy crabby patties and some shot glasses for cups..

today they TPed the Christmas tree. The pict is on FB but have not updated the blog yet

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
Our elf is just two days here. so far he has just set up the Christmas calendar and last night he did "rock climbing" on the ironing board hanging on the closet door. Pics are up on the blog.
Dawn... borrowing the lunch idea! Youngest DS packs nearly every day and he is horrible at picking what he wants for lunch the night before. I am always telling him, if you don't pick it the night before then "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." Would be so funny if he saw his lunch box the next morning before school and Ollie had packed him a can of cat food!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
My DD's elf, Ishka Bibble and my DS's brand new elf, Gigglebee and their reindeer Babble and Stomper have been up to some mischief.

So far they have:

-eaten the chocolate e out of an extra advent calendar under the dining room table
- hung everyone's underwear and socks on the Christmas Tree
- written on the bathroom mirror with Mommy's lipstick
-used toilet paper to wrap themselves in and rappel down the stairwell
- had the kids favorite board game out playing it with their other favorite stuffed animals

They arrived with a pack of metallic snowflake wall decals.

They are heading with the kids to Grandma's tomorrow night !

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
My DD's elf, Ishka Bibble and my DS's brand new elf, Gigglebee and their reindeer Babble and Stomper have been up to some mischief.

So far they have:

-eaten the chocolate e out of an extra advent calendar under the dining room table
- hung everyone's underwear and socks on the Christmas Tree
- written on the bathroom mirror with Mommy's lipstick
-used toilet paper to wrap themselves in and rappel down the stairwell
- had the kids favorite board game out playing it with their other favorite stuffed animals

They arrived with a pack of metallic snowflake wall decals.

They are heading with the kids to Grandma's tomorrow night !

Will Grandma help with the mischeif?

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Will Grandma help with the mischeif?

Yes- Grandma and Grandpa are in on the mischief. They spent to night so they could help decorate Christmas cookies. They elves made a cookie tower with cookies layered with cauliflower of all things!