Elf Mischeif ideas inside.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
my dh found my reindeer costume for my truck at Roses last year. Don't know if there are alot of those stores left or not, but check them this year. It was alot cheaper than online.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Oh, now I just HAVE to have that car costume! Hilarious!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Aggy -- our Roses is not the nicest store. Seems kind of neglected. I hardly ever go in there, but I usually go in once to check their Halloween stuff and once to check Christmas stuff. Actually I do that to almost all stores in town.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I really like the reindeer car costume. Great idea for the elves to put it on the car. I considered buying it one year but my oldest son gave me a look like he would disown me if I did. I do have a reindeer antennae ball though :)

Here are some of the things that our elves have done...

Gathered all our nutcrackers and used them as bowling pins

played with the kids Walkie talkies/spy stuff

One morning we found them standing on their heads

They put a Santa suit and reindeer nose on the kids stuffed animals

Put a "Santa I ate all your cookies T-shirt" on my sons Mickey mouse after he apparently ate Santa's cookies on Christmas eve.

hung a portrait of santa over the mantel (extra large gift bag)

Put a santa tree topper on the Christmas tree

Last year one elf got sick. We found him with an ice pack on his head and a thermometer by his mouth. There was a note asking us to get him peppermint tic tacs. He needed to take 1 at bedtime for 3 nights.

They threw my santa decoration out of the sleigh and climbed inside

Tied up our new abominable snowman outdoor decoration with tinsel because they were afraid of him.

Surveilling abominable snowman outdoor decoration all night with night vision goggles

Made a doorbell for outside the kids room that plays jingle bells. (I found a musical tie at the dollar store that played jingle bells. I took the musical piece out, added a circular christmassy sticker to cover the front, and used double stick tape to attatch to the wall (elf height). The kids were sleeping with their doors shut. I think they wanted to be able to get inside and play.

They made themselves comfortable in my kids playmobil Santa house, one elf tried to get down chimney

They used our goalie leg pads as a slide

My kids wanted to sleep downstairs one night, so the elves took over their bed.

They left a note in their sleeping bags to find them. They were hiding in a box that had a clear window under the tree. I was going to leave these clues but never did.

…..clue..#1 get us out of here
#2 we are tied up right now
#3 open it now.....don't wait till Christmas

They also set up the igloo tent idea that was posted last year.

I'll post the ideas I have for this year after I get them all together.
I added some of our elf photos on the album page :elf:

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Here's another one I might try again.

For April Fool's day, DS and I changed the ring tone on DH's phone from a Guns N' Roses song to the Filet o Fish Song from the McDonald's commercial. We then waited and called him when he was in the locker room after a hockey game. Priceless, simple priceless.

I'm thinking the "elves" might do it again, but put on a really funny Christmas song, like the Chipmunks or something. But I might not, cause it might give me away. But feel free to steal the idea. I got the song from phonezoo.com

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
tonight I thought of another cute Elf Gift, you could stage your elf for some cute pictures and make a calendar of pictures of them, you can order them for "free" (just pay shipping) from vistaprint.com or also artscow.com offers some really great photo gifts for "free" or just pay shipping :)
You could do mugs for hot cocoa,
plates for cookies/treats,
you could make apron's with cooking supplies
photo ornaments
decks of cards

and many many other gifts!!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Oh and another idea I had was to have your elves send the kids on a holiday shopping scavanger hunt, you could either give the kids a list of items to purchase with some money, not sure about your kids but my kids LOVE gift cards (credit cards) you could get them Christmasy ones to use to buy things, or just tell them to take pictures of their elf with each item as they find them, make a list of things you know are around your town/mall or a certain store ;)

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
I thought of a new idea last night. Bring in one of the inflatables from outside and have it inflated in the house. My husband loves decorating and we have tons of outside decorations, so we're going to bring one in and inflate it in the den. It's a really big snowglobe of Rudolph, so the elves will say they wanted Hermie the elf to come in and play!

Last edited:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Jeniferdwn - That is a cute idea! My fear would be the kids would never want to take it down!

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I don't have anyone to do the elves for, but I sure get a lot of smiles after reading what all of you do put together! Y'all some very inventive (& engergetic) people.

I have a fake asparagus fern that I put multi-colored lights on & tuck in a couple of elves "just because". Found a new elf at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. He's sitting with legs drawn up, held with hands around knees....and looks like he's either (1)just pulled a dandy joke or (2) is thinking of when he can get by with one! Made me smile as I thought of all of you - of course I wasn't about to leave him to go home with just anyone! ;-)

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Lets see if i can post this under the right thread this time!!!

OK, so I'm hooked on elves, probably as much as my kids! I also have several hours at work where I key and my mind can wonder while I'm typing and I have trouble going to sleep at night, so my mind thinks of all kinds of crazy things, so I've been trying to come up with some really good elf mischeif! I've come up with another one......the elves are going to wrap up some gifts for us, but these are going to be things that we already own. I think this will really throw my dd off because why would I wrap up things of our own, the elves would definatly have done this. I can't decide whether to give the gifts to the people that they belong to or to give them to different family members. Like give my watch to dh and give dd's phone to ds.

Also, my dh is really getting into this too. He came up with one on his own. Since we will have 5 elves this year and they usually get other stuffed animals and dolls to help them, he wants to pretend like they have tied him up and let the kids find him. I think that'll be funny. We would have to work really fast to make it look good, but I think we could do it.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
rofl about having the elves tie up dh.. maybe they caught him trying to peek at their "naughty/nice notebooks that they make their reports in for santa? :)

the elves should wrap up your own stuff and give it to the wrong people, that would be really funny. :)

maggie

ps: last year I bought one of the rudolph light up things (not an inflatable) that could either go inside or outside but since it was that tinselly (sp?) stuff I opted to put it in dd's room... hung up a bunch of xmas lights and then put rudolph nose to nose with her so that when she woke up, there he was "eyeballing" her. it was pretty funny.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
ps: last year I bought one of the rudolph light up things (not an inflatable) that could either go inside or outside but since it was that tinselly (sp?) stuff I opted to put it in dd's room... hung up a bunch of xmas lights and then put rudolph nose to nose with her so that when she woke up, there he was "eyeballing" her. it was pretty funny.

Great ideas Maggie!!! We have an inflatable Scooby Doo and we always talk like he does. If that was staring DD in the face, it would be hilarious!!! The only thing is I'd have to be really quiet since Scooby has a fan motor that would make a slight noise. LOL to think of waking up with Scooby staring at you!!!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Love the idea of having the elves tie up DH... too funny. I too am a bit elf obsessed, last night DH and I were sitting outside waiting for dominoes discussing that we need a light on our house number (we just bought our first home this summer) and then we were talking about decorating for holidays and he said we should have the elves decorate the yard one day while the kids are at school :) I told him I wanted a village of elves in our yard :)

I cant imagine waking up with something nose to nose with me, YIKES!!

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
it was pretty funny, she kind of let out a mini yell when she woke up and was eyeball to eyeball with rudolph. :) I also had the elves "wrap" her bed with wrapping paper... they used their elf ladders to get up to it and then they got tangled in the tape and extra paper... (she was not amused.. of course she was 14.5....) I on the other hand thought it was hysterical :)

maggie