Elf preperations

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I had forgotten all about the elfs. It was something that I planned on doing this year just to help my youngest believe another year. Can anyone tell me where they are finding the elfs?

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kim, I bought mine through Sears.ca. However, I am still looking for a girl elf.
Here is a link that sells them online: http://www.elf-magic.com/about.htm

I've decided that I am going to get a sleigh for the elves and the reindeers. I saw one at Micheals yesterday so I am going to go back and buy it. We are going to Disneyland in early December, so I plan to have the sleigh sitting inside the house by the front door so that as soon as my kids come in they will see it.
I saw these diplomas here:
http://www.northpole.com/Academy/Awards/ and I thought they would be great for Santa to leave Christmas morning, (when he takes the elves back home), thanking my children for taking such good care of the elves.

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Thanks for the link to the girl elf Jackfrosty :smile: Unfortunately, because I live in Canada they want to charge me $19.00 shipping!!!

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I was able to turn one of my boy elfs from Sears into a girl, lol. For hair, I found at the dollar store some hair elastics that have long sparkly ribbons attached to them, so I tied them around the elf's hat and then trimmed the ribbon. I added a Christmas hat overtop of the original hat, and I put a white dress overtop of the clothes with a red ribbon.

I'll see if I can post a picture tonight.

I also bought at the dollar store 3 Christmas pot holders that I am going to use as sleeping bags for the elves. I can't sew so I didn't want to attempt to make my own sleeping bags, lol.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
So excited-I was cleaning out the storage closet(baby steps! :huh: ) and found some glowin the dark snowflakes that I bought at a yard sale this summer! I forgot all about them! Now the elves can leave these all over the boys room this December! :pink:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
snowybear....those potholders for sleeping bags are a great idea....I'm gonna pick some up for my elves too...they will be the perfect size for the elves I have!!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have yet to find an inexpensive elf so I might try to make one or just have Edwyn be invisible this year. I have planned out most of the things that will be done from Dec. 1st until Christmas, however, i'm in need of about 4 more ideas.

Here's the plan so far, some of these were taken from posts on here and the elf website:

Scavenger hunt (not sure what we'll be looking for yet)
Edwyn will leave instructions and supplies for a craft (paper chain or popcorn garland)
Snow family out of marshmallows and toothpicks with instructions for one more to be made.
Computer written mirrored note about how good my son is being.
A printout of Christmas carols for us to sing.
A cookie recipe and all the ingredients.
Possibly snowball fight with the animals.
Supplies to make cards for the grandparents and great-grandparents.
A new Christmas book to read (Chicken Soup for the Soul a Christmas Treasury for Kids)
Watch a Christmas movie such as Rudolph.
Drink homemade hot chocolate (it'll be found on the stove ready to cook after failed attempts by Edwyn)
Snowflakes hung from the ceiling.
Small tabletop tree in son's room.
Supplies to make snowflakes.
Recipe and supplies to make ornaments.
Drive to see the lights.
My son's shoes will be hung from the ceiling fan.
Gingerbread house kit will be left.
We'll have a camp under the tree night.
Wake up to Edwyn eating popcorn and watching a movie

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I love the camp under the tree night!
I've printed the field journals-Now I want to find a couple of 6x6 scrapbooks to put the pages in(and alter)
I bought a holiday mini-album to download from scrapwinks(you have to scroll down to see it)and that is what I'm using for a field journal-
http://www.scrapwinks.com/searchprod.ph ... ubcatid=83

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I am almost done with all of my stuff. I had a minor setback with the sleeping bags (the pillows threw me for a loop) but I figured it out and just have to stuff the tops. I also got to thinking about my reindeer and how we'd be able to tell them apart (my daughter is 3 & can't read). So, I went out and bought some little ornaments that represent their names and they will wear them on their collars so we know at a glance who's who. I didn't realize they'd be so hard to find! Tannenbaum was easy but the snow ball and stocking were the worst. I found the stocking on a bracelet, of all places! Good find because they had mini bells so I can add those too. I have to decorate the Elves dishes and glasses with stickers. I might do the glass etching next year with a Christmas stencil but couldn't find anything like that here this year. Need to finish decorating our scrapbook too. I'm sooo glad they're not showing up until Dec. 1 or I'd never get it all done! :)

Hope everyone is doing well with theirs!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
[]Sew sleeping bags
[ ::eek:rnament: ]package snow
[ ::eek:rnament: ]make passports
[ ::eek:rnament: ]print albums for field journalsprinted; now I just need duo tangs to alter
[ ::eek:rnament: ]make neice's elf a girl

Great idea about the ornaments-I was just wondering what to do for the same reason!

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Jackfrosty, your girl elf looks great! Love the braids!!!!

I am almost done. I just need to make the magic Santa key, and print up the passports.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think I posted this in another thread but I thought I would update this one as well. I found 2 elves at Walmart for $1.97 each! I got a boy, Edwyn, and a girl, Ellie. I also got little, red, drawstring gift bags for their sleeping bags ($.97 each) and cardboard Christmas decorated takeout containers ($.97 also I think or maybe $.88).