Elf Tents

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I just had to share what I just found in the $2.50 section of the Target Dollar Spot up front. They had pet pop up tents. I decided they would make a great tent for my daughters' barbie and baby dolls. So I started to pick up a pink one that says princess when I saw a brown one that is made to look like a gingerbread house. I thought that would be a perfect place for the elves to sleep by the tree. So I got one for the elves and one to wrap under the tree for the dolls. They also had one that was blue and said chill. I think it was supposed to be an igloo. Just wanted to share.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
An elf tent! that's a great idea!! Lucky you! Can you post a pic?

Tfs :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I didn't even think of that when I saw them what a cute idea. I thought of them roasting marshmellows by the fire place one day and that could be an extra for them to be "camping" that night.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
What a GREAT idea!! I'm going to head to Target and see if they have any of those. You could make a campfire out of little sticks and use orange paper or something to simulate a flame, then get the tiny marshmallows and put them on little wooden toothpicks or skewers for the elves to hold. Too cool!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I did the marshmallow on a roasting fire thing last year! You can see a pic on my blog - just look at the older posts (or choose the Christmas tag).

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I saw those tents yesterday. What a great use for them!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well, I think a trip to Target is in my very near future. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I did not even think about a campfire. We have a little people campfire and camping chairs that I might have to use one night with the marshmallows. My girls would get such a kick out that. We are using small plush elves from the Rudolph movie that I found on clearance after Christmas and I think they will fit in the chairs. I am getting so excited.

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
this is such a cute idea! maybe one (or 2 or 3) could post pix later. No Target in my area & no grands, either. So I read what y'all are doing & enjoy it so much! I have gotten a lot of smiles from the antics of your elves!!

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
here is a picture of the tent

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I love this idea! I couldn't decide which one I liked best, so I bought both. I'll probably use the igloo one this year (they'll campout with the kids stuffed penguins), and the gingerbread one later. I had thought about making an elf house with the kids and decorating it, but now I'm going to do this first. Some more things the elves can do is one night add some decorations to their campsite (hang snowflakes, add a mini tree with ornaments (maybe peppermints), or add battery operated christmas lights to their tent). I'm also going look for something the elves can uses for a flashlight, or some kind of christmas light for the kids. The elves will leave a note asking the kids to campout under the tree with them.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Thanks, Cindasnow...The Target Dollar Spot is one of my favorite stops each week! I will be on the lookout for our very own - Elf Tent!!!

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
The gingerbread tent is so cute!! What a great price too! I wish we had a Target here. I also love the marshmallow roast idea!

I recently bought an igloo pop up tent from the Build a Bear store. I am planning on tricking the kids into thinking that their elves and snowmen can't come this year, as it just isn't cold enough for them where we live. Then on November 30th a package is going to arrive, and it's going to be the igloo with a note saying to watch for the elves arrival, as they just had to find a find a way to come visit them this year.

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Cindasnow--

Brilliant idea!

I picked a couple up today and it will be a perfect addition to our elf antics this year because we just took our kiddos on their very first camping trip this summer!

I am going to try and make up a little round firepit out of cardboard or something and collect some miniature "logs" (sticks) from outside here before the snow comes down so our elf can have a campfire in from of his tent.

So fun!

Thanks for the great idea!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Oh my gosh, I so have to find this. I said yesterday on the other post, they didn't have any, but I will check back as suggested. It is way to cute!!! Cute, Cute, CUTE..I think I want one for myself!!!

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Oh my gosh, I so have to find this. I said yesterday on the other post, they didn't have any, but I will check back as suggested. It is way to cute!!! Cute, Cute, CUTE..I think I want one for myself!!!

I want one too!! Target is now on my list for errands today. :D