Elfcapades

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
This topic is where I'll post what my little Elves are up to this year. Feel free to add yours here too!

So far, we've read the "Elf Story" I wrote. Then I went and decorated the mailbox so our letters could arrive (if we got any). Well, wouldn't you know it...the day I decorated we got a letter from Mrs. Claus telling us we'd been selected! And then yesterday, we got a letter from the Elves themselves telling us how happy they were to be coming to visit. My daughter was excited to hear that but since she's 3, I don't think she quite gets what it all means yet. She'll know for sure tomorrow when they make their arrival! Can't wait! I need to bundle them all up and get them ready tonight.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sounds neat. I need to decorate my real mailbox. LOL

So far our elves have been pretty good. They wanted us to make snowflakes for them yesterday so they would feel more at home and read them a Christmas book. Last night, however, they were very busy. They decorated my front room, where the tree and fireplace are, with snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, silver garland everywhere, silver bells, Santa, a little village, a forgotten ornament on the tree, candy cane garland and snowflake garland, snowflake window clings on the windows, a big red bow on the lamp, it just goes on and on. They were very busy elves and we found them this morning in a sleigh on the piano.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
May I create an Elfcapades page over at the Magic Elves Blog? Then as time allows...which may be after Christmas at the rate I'm going...LOL....I can transfer your ideas over to their own page for safe keeping???

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Wow...what a busy couple of days! Saturday was spent baking and then Sunday was spent sharing with friends.

Saturday evening, after supper, we heard a knock on our back window and my DD went outside with me to go check it out. That's where we found our Elves, out there on the deck! They brought a whole bunch of stuff with them too! A Lego advent calendar for my daughter, their training book (aka The Santa Claus book), Santa's magical key (we don't have a chimney), and all the things to take care of their personal needs.

That night we fed them, read to them and tucked them in for the night. In the morning we noticed two things. One, we had a present to be opened...it turned out to be an Elves sticker story book. Two, an Elf and a reindeer was missing. We searched all around to see if we could find them but no luck. When I went to get the notebooks from our mailbox, there was a note. Seems Percival was upset that there was only DH in the house for a boy so he decided to find the family who has the 3 boys in the picture on our fridge. So...they've been informed and are on the look out for him. Santa is NOT impressed, to say the least!

Wonder what tomorrow will bring!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ours were quite tired after decorating the entire front room and dining area to look more like home so they took a break yesterday. However, this morning we woke up to Edwyn and Ellie sitting on several bags of popcorn and a Christmas movie (Deck the Halls). They whispered to me last night before we went to bed that they would like it if we made popcorn garland and watched the movie today. So, we watched the movie and I popped the popcorn (we'll make garland tomorrow when it's a little stale) and I made cinnamon ornaments.

Tomorrow is paper chain making day and I have a funny feeling the needed supplies will be hidden. Those elves can be sneaky.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I love reading everyones ideas and fun!
Ours have, so far, put glow-in-the-dark snowflakes all over boys bedroom window; spilled popcorn from dollar store popcorn containers all over while watching 'Franklin's Magic Christmas'; had a cotton ball snowball fight thru the night; and brought personalized tree ornaments fot each boy. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas everyone! :applause:

This morning our elves left a single cookie tin for each of my boys (Walmart ..I believe it was a dollar each). The tin has one large chocolate chip cookie that we will have with hot cocoa tonight. One tin had Rudolph on the front, one had a snowman, and the other had a penguin!!! The elves must have brought them from the North Pole....hehe!!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
So far our elf was found on the dining room table with the pieces of a new jigsaw puzzle put together all wrong. The kids can fix it throughout the next few days! He also was found in the computer room with pages from the printer strewn out all over of coloring pages, puzzles, etc. the kids can work on.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
This morning our elves put the dry ingredients into new Christmas mugs and left a recipe for hot cocoa. One morning they were found in the Christmas tree and another they were found in the stockings with a partial paper chain that we had to finish. On another occassion they were found sitting on several packs of popcorn with instructions to make popcorn garland and watch a Christmas movie we rented. They have been up to quite alot. Tomorrow morning there will be a snowman family made out of marshmallows with instructions to make one more.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
So far, the Elves have been caught watching a new Christmas DVD. They ate popcorn, candy and drank DH's soda...boy was he not happy! ;) Then, they left a small tree for my daughter to decorate. They brought her some new Winnie the Pooh ornaments. Then, this morning, we woke up to a bunch of strips of colored paper. Guess they wanted us to decorate them to add to last year's chain.

They've been kind of sneaky today so I have a feeling they'll be up to no good tonight!

On a side "organizing" note, I've been thinking of ways to stay organized with this next year. I'm having a hard time staying on top of things since I kind of got a late start. Next year, I think I'll keep an eye out for the stuff needed for the activities throughout the year and then as I find what I need, I'll put it in a box (probably shoebox) marked for that 1 day. That way, when Dec. 1 rolls around, all I have to do is open up the box and take out what's inside and be good to go. Kind of like my own "organized" Elf advent thing! :)

Well our computer finally came home last night (needed a new motherboard) so this morning we found Rishi and Tandy on the computer and Taffy on DeDad's laptop. DeDad threatened to call Santa to pick them up if they touch his laptop again....lol This is sooo much fun!!!!

The only problem is they are holding onto the elves tighter and tighter every night so it is getting harder sneaking them out of the bedroom!!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
liltatoo-
On a side "organizing" note, I've been thinking of ways to stay organized with this next year. I'm having a hard time staying on top of things since I kind of got a late start. Next year, I think I'll keep an eye out for the stuff needed for the activities throughout the year and then as I find what I need, I'll put it in a box (probably shoebox) marked for that 1 day. That way, when Dec. 1 rolls around, all I have to do is open up the box and take out what's inside and be good to go. Kind of like my own "organized" Elf advent thing!

This is a great idea-I found alot of things at yard sales last summer-Christmas video, decals, and glow-in-the-dark snowflakes as well as ornaments.

Love the cookie tin idea as well, christmascreations!

We found them this morning hoisted on each others shoulders to reach to put Christmas decals on the mirror!
I think they will decorate trees tonight if I can stay up late enough! :haha:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I love reading everyone's adventures. I don't have kids myself however I think I will try to start something like that for my younger nieces and nephews for next year. But instead of it being everyday it will have to be every weekend. That's the only time I will be able to get the kids. Hope you guys don't mind if I borrow your ideas.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
I just knew they'd be up to no good! We found them just hanging in the Christmas tree. Can't quite figure out what they were doing. Perhaps a game of tree tag? When my daughter went to open window #6 on her advent calendar, we discovered the items inside were gone. She was so upset! Then, we searched their sleeping bags...nothing. Next we searched their travel bags and sure enough...the items were in there! Those sneaky little buggars!

Here are some pictures of the gang and their sleeping arrangement. There's also their movie watching escapade!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4815.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4847.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4840.jpg

doodlebugs

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NC
Our elf arrived yesterday! His name is Snooky Sugarsocks! He was quickly up to no good knocking over our stuffed snowpeople in the living room. He went to bed with no fuss and we woke up this morning to find a miniature Christmas tree all decorated! We had to take DS12 to school this morning and when we returned we found our elf laying on a pile of Fruit Loops and beside my coffee mug that had been tipped over! We're sure he was searching for hot chocolate! My DS3 could not imagine that HIS elf would make that kind of mess and decided to blame it on the dog... who was outside! *LOL*

I'm having so much fun with this! Our elf will certainly be a tradition in our house for years to come!