Elfcapades

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Our elves, Katrina and Carlotta, arrived today. Somehow they appeared in the mailbox where DD7 spotted them as the schoolbus pulled up to drop her off after school. The kids thought they might be tired after their journey from the North Pole so they're having an early night - all tucked up in their sleeping bags.

I'm so glad I decided to do this! I was going to wait until next year because I thought it was too late this year. I'm glad I didn't wait. They're only little for such a short time and who knows what next year will bring. The kids won't mind if I don't have a lot of elaborate things planned and, of course, there's lots of great ideas here for me to try out. This is so fun!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I couldn't agree with you more, ladyevenstar! This is the first year I'm doing this too and I haven't had time to come up with something "exciting" for each night they are here, but the kids don't seem to mind at all. Some mornings they have just had to hunt for him and that was fun enough. Even DS11 is starting to get into it. What a memory for them (& me)!

This morning the kids woke up to a mess of little pieces of paper because Tobias cut out snowflakes. He also left paper for the kids to make some too. I bought a bunch (and I had some on hand) of fun "snowy" scrapbooking paper. I got several different kinds of vellum, pale blue, frosty white and glittery papers. The kids just finished making them and hung them in the kitchen windows. It looks so pretty!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Apparently our elves wanted to fly like Santa in his sleigh during the night because we woke up this morning to find both our elves in each of DS's shoes hung over an arm of the ceiling fan in the kitchen. LOL

Snowybear

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I love reading about the elfcapades!! Great ideas everyone!
Our elves and reindeer are arriving today, (we just got back from a trip), and I can't wait to see the looks on my children's faces.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Over the weekend our elves brought a new box of Christmas ornaments in a subtle sign they wanted our tree to be decorated. The next night they brought a sprig of mistletoe (fake from the dollar store). The kids were excited!

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Saturday night the Elves took a break and just slept...they must've been very tired...I would assume climbing a Christmas tree would wear an Elf out!

So far this week, they've left a puzzle, some styrofoam balls to make snowmen with (I'll post pics when they're uploaded), a sticker story book and this morning we woke up to find they had made a house out of my DD3's legos! Wonder what's next!

They're training is coming along nicely...learning lots of important stuff about Santa. Hopefully they'll have no problems passing their tests! I need to find something that will work as a desk so I can sit them at it with their tiny paper and pencil so I can take a picture to show DD3 how hard they are working when they return to the North Pole.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Over the last few days, Tobias has been bringing a piece or two of our nativity set. However, he keeps putting the Fisher Price Little People set pieces in the "real" stable and the "real" pieces in the Little People set. He's going to continue bringing a piece each day or so until baby Jesus is left Christmas morning.

He has also left the materials to make glitter ball ornaments which the kids made last night. This morning he left a snow angel in flour as a hint to get started on our baking. Perfect timing too - we are expected to have several inches of snow, sleet, and freezing rain today - great day to stay in and bake. :globe:

I just LOVE the whole magical elf concept!! I've put off doing it the past year or so when I first learned about it, because of (what I thought would be) the huge time and money investment. But when I really sat down and thought about it, he's just bringing and doing the stuff we normally do anyway. Other than buying him this year, I haven't spent an extra penny and only minimal time trying to keep everything hidden from the kids.

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Well, we found them playing poker the other night. Last night they left some Christmas stickers for my daughter to find. I finally got the picturees uploaded to here they are!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4856.jpg This was their snowball fight...what a mess!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4872.jpg Here's the final results of the snowmen. DD had a great time making those!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4875.jpg This is the house they built out of Legos. We don't have many so space was at a premium in there! :)

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4884.jpg Found some fake snow at the store and they used it to make snow angels! Nothing is safe with them! I'm thiking I'm going to have to Elf-proof the house! lol

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4887.jpg Ah yes...the poker game! Penelope won but if you ask me...there was a little bit of cheating going on. See the next picture for the winning hand!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee86 ... G_4889.jpg See what I mean? ;o)

That's all for now. I have a feeling we'll be in for some Elf & Reindeer acrobatics tonight. They've been eyeing our ceiling fan all morning!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Oh My Gosh....your photos are great and your ideas too....I can't wait to get them loaded up over at the Magic Elves.....I have to apologize....I just can't find the time to do it....but I will get them over there....because they are great and I want it to be easy for our other members to see them and use the ideas themselves later.

You do great stuff and are creating wonderful memories!!!!

I love thos antics!!!! I think tomorrow night our elves will be on the ceiling fans also but tonight I am having a hard time deciding what to do......It is too late to set up their lincoln logs because I am exhausted and it is almost midnight...acckk

I think maybe I will set them up to eat their cereal and set up their bowls and spoons before I leave for work!!!

This morning we found Taffy riding on our singing Santa with Rudolph. We found Rishi shaking his butt with another animated Santa and Tandy sitting at the table writing a note...we had to put the note in front of the mirror to read Tandy loves Trevor.....my son had such a big smile on his face!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Our elves rode the Christmas moose across the street to Nanny and Grampies house-they took the Christmas Crackers for dinner and left a note telling DS's to make sure everyone got one.(grampy wrote the note-definately going to be part of the field journal!) It was the first time to have crackers at my in-laws and it was a big hit!

liltattoo

MHH Member
Oct 22, 2007
Well, our Elves left without much fanfare. My DD is only 3 so while she enjoyed feeding them and tucking them in at night (and of course the gifts and such), there wasn't any tears. She was quite amused at her underwear hanging from the tree one night and she loved the fact that they took almost all of the ornaments off...apparently, they wanted her to put them back on so we could play "I spy" some more!

When they left, they gave her a couple of books and also a letter. Santa was kind enough to send her a letter too. We're waiting now to hear if they've passed their tests so they can come back next year.

We'll be moving in a couple of months...I sure hope the movers pack them away before she sees them! :huh:

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
I think I will put a letter from the elves in the actual mail to both my boys, letting them know they are coming and they should get their stockings hung up, since that is how they arrive and that is where they sleep at night! My kids love to get lettters in the mail, they will be so surprised...must go write this down so I don't forget. :leprechaun:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Neat idea! My kids like getting mail too.