Fantastic Friday! 4/21/17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsSoup, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Morning friends!

2. MrsSoup

I took my migraine meds right before bed last night and they seem to have worked. No headache so far this morning. I am taking pictures for one of the Companies at the gas chamber this morning and then will try to make an informational meeting at the NCO Club in place of our Battalion Commander and then have to be at school by 12:30ish to get my Scouts in line and ready to post the colors before the spelling bee begins. DD is competing in the school-wide spelling bee since she won her class bee. I'm hoping DH is coming so he can hold my camera while I do my thing with my Scouts.

This evening DD has a soccer game at 5:30. That takes care of my entire day!

Enjoy your day!

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

TGIF!

That's all I have....yesterday was not positive, and I won't bore you with my drama. Hope you have a great day!

30 days until the presidency is over
    31 more student days

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! had to take a sleeping last night... was just worried. ds came back from work around 8:30 and talked with dh while watching tv. he is having gut problems and wants to see a doctor :( I a soooooooo worried he will have problems like I do! so hard to live with. And I know dd has lots of problems too :(

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Active Member

Good morning!

Lovely extra sleep-in this morning - got up at 7:30am instead of 5:30am - Vic fixed his own breakfast! It's going to be a hot one - 90 degrees today - so I brought down my Sizzix lettering machine to cut some titles for scrapbook layouts as I'll be staying inside today. Trying to hold off on turning on the AC as long as possible. The house is naturally cool downstairs but it's getting warm upstairs. I wish it was like summer in Rhode Island - it can get hot for a couple of weeks but as soon as the evening hours come, the temperatures drop. Not here in Virginia, it's hot until later at night.

Working out an all-day out of the house plan for tomorrow since we're having a power outage from 6:00am until 6:00pm - so far it's breakfast out, take my computer to Best Buy to see if they can solve the "why can't my posted blog comments go to bloggers' emails" problem, then Michael's for some supplies for the ornament swap (got to get busy on that one), then a trip to Hobby Lobby (it opened after we left last time so I haven't visited yet), then no doubt it will be time for lunch, then Barnes and Noble and maybe a movie and by that time, it should be time to come home for Vic to pack and get ready for his next trip.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, see you on Monday!

6. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Member

Good morning!
    I am home from work with a vomiting 6yo.
    He got sick on Tuesday & the school called me to get him. He stayed home on Wednesday, I sent him yesterday (no vomiting) but shortly after midnight he was sick again. Some of his Nerf guns are out on the deck, I am hoping for the rain to clean them off a bit & then I will wipe them down with Clorox wipes. The babysitters son is also sick.
    I guess I will scrap & maybe do some work on my planner.
    I've begun watching the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why. Very good.

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. been sick but much better today . sun is shining . will be planting flowers today. hope everyone has agreat day. saw bad santa 2 not a childs movie at all. went to see fate and furious 8 last night it was great. have agood day

8. halimer

halimer Active Member

Good morning all! Drizzling and RAW out there. When I walked Foxy I wished that I'd taken gloves! Do I miss the FL weather? Hmmm...

Recycled our old printer, got ink, went to BB&B for some stuff and made a day of it with lunch out. Today I don't want to leave the house - although I already did. I have some ideas for dinner and will make do with whatever I have.

Jess - your day is a full one!
    Lisa - I guess you'll have to keep counting down those days...
    hw2 and Laura - sad to hear there is so much sickness about
    Pamela - that sounds like a wonderful day away from home!
    Lucie - hope everyone in the family has positive doctor's reports

9. MrsSoup

Evening!

I somehow managed to be all the places that I needed to be today. The gas chamber finished with perfect timing because I needed to leave right then. I ran over to the NCO Club and stayed for as much of the briefing as I could. They started late so had they been on time I would have gotten more out of it. I left there and stopped by the house for a quick minute to change my shirt and eat a granola bar and then headed to school. My Scouts met me in the cafeteria and I got them all dressed and ready. We posted the colors and that was it.

DD won 4th place in the spelling bee! She got out on the word "ulcer". She spelled it olser. Not sure what she was thinking, she said she didn't remember seeing that word in the big packet of words they gave them. Oh well, I think her goal was to at least get into the top 4 and she did. Her picture should be in the paper and she received the bronze medal. They had a little reception afterwards for the participants and parents. Her team also won their soccer game this evening, 2-0.

DH took DD and Eli to shop for fishing poles. I stayed home and am watching Independence Day. I may end up falling asleep on the couch. This day has worn me out.

Laura- Hope Z feels better and you don't catch it!
    Pamela- That's a long time for a power outage. What are they going to do about everyone's refrigerator and freezer contents that go bad because of the extended period?

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hope all are feeling better.

Rained most of the day.

Have my 6:00 Friday in. Got McDonalds after work. Was watching 9 deer in our back field.

Lucie, I think I am the one who got some of the problems from other family members. My system gets out of whack easy.

Was only mid 50s today.

Richard got a letter in the mail today that was a survey about the care his wife received while at the hospital. The one that transferred her before she died. He was so upset. When my dad died the hospital kept calling and asking Charlie to bring his insurance card in. Would leave messages. All 3 of us sisters called the same day (not known to each other) and I told them they must not keep very good records because you pronounced him dead in your ER and then you continue to call and ask for him. My other 2 sisters (1 older and 1 younger) are ALOT more vocal than me. Anyhoo, mom did not get a bill on that.

Guess I better close and go do something! It is 8:20.

11. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Evening,

What a week. An absolute roller coaster of a ride with WHF. There are no words to describe the way he is acting and the things he is saying. My lawyer and I have a new plan as to how to deal with him as we move forward and prepare for court.

K is off for the weekend, so we will run errands in the morning and then relax at home.

Off to take a bath and try the brownies from a new recipe K found.

Good night.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Mel, hope that the week gets better.
    Post the brownie recipe if it is a good one.