February 2017 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Just a quick reminder that Saturday is February Rudolph Day! I hope you all have The Spirit of Christmas ready to watch and something fun to do or even just think about. Break out those Christmas CDs and some hot chocolate and stop by here later in the day to tell us how you spent your day.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I was just coming here to post about Rudolph Day! I'm so excited that this month and next will be on a Saturday! I'm starting to plan out my day....

Reactions: PamelaG

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Will be crafting Christmasy things while listening to Christmas music!

I really enjoyed reading your blog, Lisa Marie. I'm having a problem with comments going to bloggers' emails so you might not see them unless you look on your blog posts. Welcome to Magical Holiday Home and I hope you'll be with us for many Rudolph Days to come!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Welcome, Lisa Marie!

Christmas music planned for today as I will be driving an hour to Monroe. Hopefully, a short Christmas book later in the day. Made a transfer into the Christmas Club account last night!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Welcome Lisa Marie! Hope you love it here!
Watching a Hallmark movie, while I get some cleaning done. Hoping to look over some Christmas card ideas and maybe flip through my cookie magazines! DH bought me one as a stocking stuffer and I haven't even opened it yet!

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I baked a fruit cocktail cake - that will be our Rudy Day treat. I'm getting ready to make an ornament (or 2) for the swap. We will watch a Christmas movie later.

Reactions: Christmaslvr

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Hello everyone, I hope your Rudolph Day was fun! Mine took an unexpected turn when I wasn't paying attention and took a tumble in the house. I was pretty sore for the most of the day so I made good use of my time on the couch to watch the February movie (so cute!) and organize all of my Christmas document and picture files. I went back and pulled all the Christmas in July themes from the Forums here and listed them all on one document - that way, if we need to come up with ideas as a group like last year, we'll have an easy reference to what's been done in the past if we want to look for new ideas. That was about it for this Rudolph Day.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I went back and pulled all the Christmas in July themes from the Forums here and listed them all on one document - that way, if we need to come up with ideas as a group like last year, we'll have an easy reference to what's been done in the past if we want to look for new ideas.
That's great, Pamela! Thanks for doing that. Sorry about the tumble, though!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
PamelaG hope you are not sore. Thanks for doing all that for us. Have not done Rudy day things yet. However, I am home alone tomorrow and I did get a Christmas magazine out of my stash. It's an old Martha Stewart that I will read with pleasure.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I spent half the day driving home from MI and last evening I spent time on pinterest finding patterns for the items I want to make for Christmas this year. Hoping to make aprons, hanging dish towels, hot pads placemats etc for the 3 girls in the family and I may make aprons and pot handle sleeves for the guys for grilling not sure.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
In England, we have a name for the multi-colored sprinkles that you put on cakes, cupcakes, or ice cream - they are called Hundreds and Thousands. At times, I feel like my Christmas Pinterest pins resemble Hundreds and Thousands - there are more there than I could make in several lifetimes!