Finally Friday! 5/19/17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsSoup, May 19, 2017.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Morning Friends!

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! sunny here this morning - high of 15C... big difference with the 33C of yesterday. A good night's sleep as we had a/c on and we don't here any noises. was awake by 4:45 but that's ok as we get up at 5:00. Gym is done, shower taken and breakfast eaten. Think I'll go browse the net a few minutes before 7:30 (beginning of work day). Probably will do groceries on the way home tonight. It's a 3-day weekend here for everyone as Monday is a National Holiday (queen's bday & patriot day, whichever side you are on ;) ).

Halimer & Diedra - hope all goes well with the mammograms.
    Lana - lots of people are without electricity since last night with the thunderstorms we had. we were Lucky.

Have a great day!

3. MrsSoup

This morning I have to run to the pharmacy. I need to run out and take pictures for one of the Companies this morning after I go to Barnes and Noble with my friend. Then DD has D.A.R.E. graduation at 1 p.m.. Tonight we have a farewell for two Drill Sergeants at Buffalo Wild Wings. Busy day ahead.

Enjoy your day!

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

Slow start to today. Looks like a cloudy day in the mid 70s ahead for us today. I'm heading to get blood work, then home to work on bills, menus and grocery lists and back out to shop for groceries. I hope to run to Michael's today and get a frame for H's senior picture.

That's about it for me. The guys are off too. It's H's senior trip, but he didn't want to go, and then J bought a car...long story...and I'm not too happy about it...at auction, so they have to pick that up too.

Hope you all have a great day!

5. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Yet again Im yawning and can't wait to get into bed. I think I sleep well or I dont wake up during the night but Im just not sleeping enough. I try to get to bed earlier- just does not happen then all of a sudden its morning and it start over. I feel I could nap everyday just to catch up on sleep- occasionally its fine but I can't seriously nap every day for a couple of hours. My bloods came back as anaemic and iron deficient. - Until now I thought they were the same thing, apparently they are not. Im on a supplement which should take a week or so to start seeing a difference.

Have a great day.. I can barely keep my eyes open to finish typing...

6. halimer

halimer Active Member

Good morning all! It's another hot one here and then cooler tomorrow. DS, DDIL and I are currently on for the big outlet shopping trip tomorrow!

Had to reschedule the mammogram since I had neglected to get the referral/prescription that I need. I go there every year! So we are now on for June 13. Looks like it will be a quiet one today. Maybe a bit of shopping and that's it. Cobb salad for dinner - eggs are cooking.

Tanya - yes, anemia and a lack of iron should tire you out....
    Diedra - hope the mammo goes well
    Lucie - glad that it cooled off
    Lisa - you've had a lot of union responsibility and handled it very well - kudos!
    Debbie - hope that the work at school goes quickly....
    Pamela - where are you!
    Lana - glad that you're back

7. teachermomof2

I'm back from blood work....this phlebotomist was not very gentle with me. I was black and blue by the time I got home about 15 minutes later. It's a bit achy too.

I paid bills, finished the menu plan, took care of some more union stuff, and am going to head to Walmart to do my grocery shopping. I'm hoping it's not too crowded. Not sure what I'm making for dinner tonight, either. Hmmm...guess that needs added to the list.

Tanya....I am also anemic and iron deficient. I am definitely tired most of the time. I do not nap because I am not able to relax...not in my genes...and I only soundly sleep about 5 hours a night. The rest is unsettled. Some of that is my hormones, I'm sure. I did take iron, but he had me on 400mg and it was just too much....I was beyond constipated when on it, so I tried every other day....no better. So, I quit taking it. I get some in my daily vitamin and diet, it's just not enough. I will discuss it more with him on Wednesday.

Debbie...I'm due for a mammogram too. I guess I will ask for that order on Wednesday too.

8. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

It is a beautiful sunny day with more on the way. It is finally Spring here.

I have dusted and vacuumed the house and the laundry is going. I am going to clean the fridge today and reorganize the freezer this afternoon. I hate cleaning the fridge, but I have put it off for far too long - it is gross. I have some decrapifying to do as well, I will take the stuff to the thrift store next week.

Have a great day!

9. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

Happy Friday Ladies....

It has been very hot here, in the 90's the last 2 days, but they are calling for it to cool off for the weekend, back down to the 70's, which is just fine with me because we have my DD softball tournament this weekend. In fact, we will have a tournament most weekends through August.

I work today, and then this evening I want to finish up laundry and run the vacuum since we will not be home much this weekend, and I do not enjoy coming home to a messy house and chores to do. The rest of the housekeeping is already finished.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

10. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I did, in fact, run by the pharmacy and drop off my prescription. Then I came home and showered and went to my friends. We went to Brueggers for a bagel and then to B&N. Came back and I headed out to snap a few pictures and then home until time to go to school. The graduation was nice and then I went back out to take more pictures. DH picked up the kids from school for me. I stopped back by the house to get some water and then headed out to the pharmacy to pick up my meds. Now i'm relaxing in the cool house before we head out to the farewell dinner.

It is over 90* here. Nice in the shade, not so nice in the sun. I got overheated and felt horrible and didn't have much water with me. I feel better now that I have drank more water and cooled down. My headache is worse though so I will be taking my migraine med at bedtime to try to knock it out for good. Wish I could take it now but it will knock me out.

Hi Kelly and Mel, Lucie and Debbie!
    Lisa and Tanya- I wonder if that's my problem, anemic and/or iron deficient. I'm tired all the time.

11. teachermomof2

Stopping in to say good night!

I'm pretty tired. I'm going to head to bed here in a bit. I got the grocery shopping done and put away, have the floors cleaned/vac'd/spot cleaned, have all laundry done but the whites as of now, wrote out 7 envelopes for dance photos tomorrow, did some more union work, got frustrated by "committed" people who can't show up for meetings...ever, talked with the union attorney, sat outside and read my new Food Network and Taste of Home magazines, and served dinner.

So, now it's time to iron my capris for tomorrow since photos start at 9 am and I will be on hair and make up duty...

Have a lovely night!

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Got mcd's on the way home, then groceries. DH started mowing the lawn and he will finish tomorrow.. it is really long! it's been raining all the time last few weeks. I vaccumed all 1st floor. dusted bedroom, LR, kitchen, hallway & craft room. 2nd load is in washer. Enough for tonight.

See you all tomorrow!

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Saturday here and it is gorgeous. I am not sure what I want to do today.
    I had a huge week at work training the new cws and then last night after work wen to visit my friend who has had surgery and got home after 9.30
    Slept in this morning and have had my second coffee so I am ready to go.
    DD bought a little on Thursday. Her first car. DS will detail it for her and make it shine although it is in very good condition. Now all DD needs to do is learn how to drive. She has had her permit for ages and just never gets around to getting her full license. I might try and convince her to go for a drive this afternoon.

Debbie, my facebook told me that 2 years ago we all met up at Juniors in NYC. Still one of my favourite memories.