Freezer Sessions 2018...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You guys are doing great!

Ended up freezing two trays of bacon cheese apps that we didn't need to make at our party on Saturday - so I have a nice full bag of those in the freezer to use up!

I've been starting to pull from freezer stock a bit - some of that browned ground beef let me easily whip a batch of Taco Dip for our party when untested appetizers turned out horribly and had to go in the trash.

Reactions: Minta

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We're eating out the freezer this week. Which is freeing up some needed space. I got two more batches of cookies into the freezer.

Has anyone ever made cocktail franks aka pigs in a blanket and froze them before? I know in the past, we've bought them frozen. We typically make them up hours before the party which has always worked out for us. I was just thinking about this for future parties.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are also eating out of the freezer this week. Got a lot stored in there do that life is a little easier over the next few weeks. Glad we did all the prep a few weeks back, really appreciating it now.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
LOL, Ahorsesoul! When I made the bacon DS asked for a piece. Then last night out of nowhere he asked if there was any more bacon, then added "I love bacon!" :)

Baked and froze double batch of Oatmeal Choc Chip cookies last night. Will use to augment the last of the cookies in the freezer when I do my final round of cookie tins/platters for the season. Have 3 -4 more to do!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have really enjoyed this thread this year. My freezer is still doing ok, I have enough biscuits in there that I will not need to do any baking in the early part of the year. Iy will be on my to do list in 2019 to prepare and store more freezer meals.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I m grateful that these threads stay here for ever as I too want to go back and take some notes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Aunt Jamelle, are you going to start the freezer sessions thread for 2019?
Sure do hope so?