Front Door Stoop Ideas?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
Does anyone have any ideas on decor I could use for Fall/Halloween and Christmas? I have LOTS of decor it's just that in this NEW house the front has no overhang and it isn't covered at all so we get wind and weather, birds, bees, and the occasional annoying salesperson LOL!

Normally I keep a grapevine wreath on the door year round and just add decorative elements to it. When we get rain here, which will begin next month onward; it blows straight against the front door. I don't want my things (silk flowers, metals that rust, fall leaf garlands that unravel in the rain, etc.) ruined by the weather.

I'm not even sure if the front outside outlets work to add lights to any garlands I might add for the Holidays.

I do have 2 huge planter pots on either side I was thinking maybe I could do something there-until real cold weather rolls in. It has like 4 brick steps and a landing with a wood railing around the top landing and handrails on both sides. Also, we RENT-so NO, I CANNOT get anything built-on or renovated.

Any ideas?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
will follow the ideas cause I'm stuck like you! the only thing we have is outside lights after the railing tied with tie-wraps. everything else flies off with the wind in October.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh I see you moved into my last house! I loved that place but it had the same problem. Isn't it amazing what a difference a little overhang can make? Without it you just open the door and it is like "Hello world...." No transition from inside to outside. We moved but at the time we were looking hard at adding an arbor. Our steps to the door weren't wide enough to hold one so we would have needed to make ours start from the ground and go up around both the stairs AND the door.

If you have room, you could do something like this: (9th photo down)
http://www.giguerelandscapedesign.com/structures.htm

Or this:
http://www.canadiangardening.com/de...make-an-entrance-eight-garden-gates/a/28385/2

LuLu - Love the Fall color idea!