Gift Closet 2015

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I found some great buys lately. I am a bargain shopper!! I got a train case, make up bag and satchel in a cute cheetah print for DD13 for $3.74 (orginally $14.99) I also picked up hair ties shaped like lollipops for $1.00 (orginally $4.99) and a scratch and see for niece for $5.00 (orginally $12.99). Love a great deal.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I found some great buys lately. I am a bargain shopper!! I got a train case, make up bag and satchel in a cute cheetah print for DD13 for $3.74 (orginally $14.99) I also picked up hair ties shaped like lollipops for $1.00 (orginally $4.99) and a scratch and see for niece for $5.00 (orginally $12.99). Love a great deal.

Great job on finding these deals!!!

Hallmark has their Christmas stuff at 90% off and I found a couple of cute nutcracker ornament that I picked up for my mom.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I so wish we had Hallmark here sigh. I am missing one charm off my charm bracelet and would love to be able to find it.

Good going everyone on the shopping, every little thing we do now makes it easier come December.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I so wish we had Hallmark here sigh. I am missing one charm off my charm bracelet and would love to be able to find it.

Good going everyone on the shopping, every little thing we do now makes it easier come December.

Check other stores ... Walmart here is now carrying Hallmark charm bracelets and charms so it seems Hallmark is branching out to other retailers.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a few more gifts over the weekend. Sears is having a hugh clearance sale and scored 8 shirts for our son for 70 - 80% off. Some willbe put away for his birthday and back to school and the rest will get tucked away for Christmas. Also found a really cute pair of PJs for our daughter and they are being put away for Christmas too. Tucked away more money into the Christmas club as well.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Great job Minta!! I am always on the hunt for PJ's this time of year to stash away for Christmas. Katrina is so right when she says that every bit makes a difference in December. My bank does not offer a Christmas Club so I do the old fashion envelope system. The latest thing I picked up were 2 infinity scarves that were 85% off. I scored both for under $5.00 total.

Kelly

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, I picked up the 2 hallmark charms I have when I was in the US last year. We do not have Hallmark here so will have to try and get the third one online.

Picked up a beautiful makeup bag for DD on Friday was 11.99 down to 3.50. Picked up some Biore makeup removal wipes and when I checked out the were scanning at 3cents!! The original price was 2.00 and I thought that was a bargain. Went back and cleared the shelf of what they had left which was another 3 packs. Make up wipes for in the stockings...yay
Looking in the Christmas boxes I am already quite pleased with what I have gotten.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Nice job JollyKelly .. yup every bit saved now makes a very big difference come December.

Sweet .. awsome find on the make up remover wipes and thanks for a great stocking stuffer idea for my daughter. Never thought of those but I will be adding them to my list of stocking stuffers for her.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
While out at garage sales this weekend I hit the mother load - what caught my eye from the street was the large Imaginext castle - it and a whole bag of accessories was only $12 - a VERY good deal especially considering it still looks like new.

Then I turned around to see a very large box full of GeoTracks train parts and accessories for $13

We already some GeoTracks that a wonderful co-worker gifted to us and I know DS will love all the pieces and parts that I snagged this weekend!

Now I just have to get some time when DS is not around to Clorox every little piece :) And find boxes so they can be wrapped up when the time comes!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
While out at garage sales this weekend I hit the mother load - what caught my eye from the street was the large Imaginext castle - it and a whole bag of accessories was only $12 - a VERY good deal especially considering it still looks like new.

Then I turned around to see a very large box full of GeoTracks train parts and accessories for $13

We already some GeoTracks that a wonderful co-worker gifted to us and I know DS will love all the pieces and parts that I snagged this weekend!

Now I just have to get some time when DS is not around to Clorox every little piece :) And find boxes so they can be wrapped up when the time comes!

Great Finds!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, Glad I could help with another idea. I am always looking for new ideas.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I always seem to strike out at garage sales.....lots of VHS tapes....hahaha....I will have to keep trying, you made out like a bandit.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Saturday the family and I picked 25lbs of strawberries which we turned most of it into jam and canned. So now I have 12 jars of strawberry jam and 12 jars of cherry berry jam add to the Christmas gift closet. Money is going to be tighter this year so for extended family we are doing gift baskets filled with homemade goodies and a few small store bought items that I will get on sale. Will be making more jams, pie filling and apple butter as the fruits come into season to add to the gift closet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, it all sounds amazing. I think that a basket full of delicious home made goodies sounds wonderful. Perhaps you could make a bottle of home made lemonade, orangeade or ginger beer to pop in there as well.
Good job.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, it all sounds amazing. I think that a basket full of delicious home made goodies sounds wonderful. Perhaps you could make a bottle of home made lemonade, orangeade or ginger beer to pop in there as well.
Good job.

Thank you and Thanks for the suggestions, I will have to look into them. I have big batch of homemade vanilla extract and vanilla sugar going now that will be used for the baskets too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hoping to have a look in my gift closet today and just have a quick review of where I am up to. I know I do not have many gifts as such in there at the moment, but I think I have quite a few stocking fillers.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
My stockings are complete!!!! I got my binder caught up with the gift closet this Rudy Day. Much to my surprise my stocking stuffers are complete, minus the chocolate bar I will throw in, but I will get that at Christmas.

I also get small gifts for my family members from my DD13. I am almost complete with that as well. Here is what they are (all under $10 each.)

DD grandfather - coin counting jar
DD grandmother and great grandmother- knitted booties (2 pairs each)
DD great grandfather - soup mug
DD aunt- stationery set

I would never have gotten such great deals if I did not shop the sales and save for Christmas.

Kelly

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Kelly, way to go.
It is such a sense of relief to tick off a few things of the gift list. i am hoping that I am nearly done with the stocking fillers too. Then I can concentrate on gifts, groceries and baking.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My stockings are complete!!!! I got my binder caught up with the gift closet this Rudy Day. Much to my surprise my stocking stuffers are complete, minus the chocolate bar I will throw in, but I will get that at Christmas.

I also get small gifts for my family members from my DD13. I am almost complete with that as well. Here is what they are (all under $10 each.)

DD grandfather - coin counting jar
DD grandmother and great grandmother- knitted booties (2 pairs each)
DD great grandfather - soup mug
DD aunt- stationery set

I would never have gotten such great deals if I did not shop the sales and save for Christmas.

Kelly

Ok now I am jealous ;) I haven't even started on stocking stuffers yet

Great job!!!!