Gift Closet 2015

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
yes I need to start on stockings too. im going shopping next week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that while it is quiet this week I may pull out everything from the gift closet and updated my lists. I have been getting stuff lately and just popping it in there, but it really is time to tidy it up a bit. We have our first wrapping party soon and it would be nice to have a few things ready to wrap.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
My gift closet is as we say here chock a block! And I have already ordered lots more things for it that I am waiting to arrive- I need to go through it later this week when DS is back at school to begin to sort out what will be given, what will stay in the closet for another time. I just shop as I see things then either give, hold back for birthdays or keep it until next year.... Fortunately I have the space to be able to do this.

I also have a whole lot of clothing put away for both DS and myself- I buy during the off season sales so that I am usually a year ahead of myself. I need to sort through that as well.

It looks like DS and I are well set for gifts this year. I have some things for others but need to get more sorted out. Teacher gifts and swim coach gifts etc...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, good thing when the cupboard is Chock a block....what a funny saying. I too buy clothing when it is reduced at the end of the season, I am not a fashionista and I do not mind wearing "last seasons" styles.

When I was at BIG W last week with my mum, we got a huge range of items greatly reduced, that we will wrap up and put under Salvos or other charity wish trees come December. I think that kids are fairly well looked after so we try and concentrate on buying gifts for the adults.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Am moving on quite well with the gift buying. A lot of the DVD TV shows that the kids watch are being released so I have picked up several series in the last few weeks.
Yesterday picked up 6 lovely place mats that are reversible for use on my mums outside dining table. They were $2 each so I thought that was good.

Next week my mum and I will start wrapping the stocking fillers and then I will know what else needs to go in them. I think that they are pretty well done but will see. If I need more, I will make a list and look for things over the next few weeks.

Still have not found anything that stands out for poor DH. So far just a few business shirts and a couple of books. Hopefully he will drop what he wants in a conversation and that will give me a clue.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I found a bargain today. I was in Spotlight (a craft/ fabric store) and they had small sampler size Yankee Candles. I got quite a few for myself- just to burn as I love the fragrances! At the checkout they scanned at 20cents each! So back I went and got a whole lot more. I will add them to gifts this year. Im happy with this bargain!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love Spotlight Tanya. Need to budget though because I can go a little wild. Good job on the candles.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
The Yankee Candle deal was terrific!!!! I have been busy chipping away at my list. Here are skme of my bargains :

Gold Toe @ Boscov's $3.00 (was $14.99)
Pajama pants @Kohls $4.00 (was $25.00)
Selfie stick @Boscov's $7.00 (was $19.00)

Kelly

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have wrapped the stocking fillers for DH, DS, and DD. It has given me more room in the gift closet. Still need to wrap my mums stocking. Need to get a few more things for in DH stocking but all in all things are good there.
Want to concentrate on buying ingredients for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas morning breakfast next.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am getting jealous reading about all the deals everyone is finding and how far everyone is ahead. We are so far behind this year .. We are moving next month so we have been trying NOT to buy too much right now. Less to move. However I did spend this past weekend canning .. I made applesauce to add to our pantry for the winter, apple pie filling for the holiday pies and apple butter.. again some for our pantry and the rest will be used for Christmas gifts. I will be very busy in Nov shopping .. The goal is to be done by the first week in Dec.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta the apple products sound amazing. I have never tried apple butter but it sure sounds delicious.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta the apple products sound amazing. I have never tried apple butter but it sure sounds delicious.

Think of applesauce but a lot thicker and flavored with brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and a hint of nutmeg. Well that is is how I make mine anyhow :)
My kids love spreading the applebutter on toast.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Yep, sounds good. Might be looking for a recipe to try some at home.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thought it might be fun to take stock of current gift closet items! Getting a feel for things before the Black Friday shopping rush!

DS is DONE! Other than stocking stuffers! Will probably hold some things back for his birthday in February - always get better deals price wise this time of year and like to save them for his birthday!

- Imaginext Castle and Accessory Set
- Geotracks Set
- Toy Story "Rex" Dinosaur Toy
- Hungry Hippos Game
- Snoopy Snow Cone Machine
- Domino Rally Starter Game
- Glow Swirl Art Kit
- Glow In The Dark Sand Kit
- Spiral Art Kit
- Dino Airblaster Craft Kit
- Tin Can Cable Car Craft Kit
- Tek Air Blaster 2 Pk + Refills
- Gummy Lollipop, Christmas Theme for stocking

Nieces (twins)

- Color Rocks Hair Chalk Set
- Perfect Nail Markers Set
- Two Friendship Bracelet Kits
- Marble Nail Art Kit
- Fashion Hair Beader
- Two Strawberry Scented Nail Polish Remover Pads
- Two handmade felt Gingerbread House style ornaments

Sister (1)

- Set of 4 embroidered flour sack towels
- Handmade Felt Cardinal Ornament
- iPhone Jogging Sleeve (Ordered)
- Hiking Socks (Ordered)

MIL

- Handmade Felt Christmas Pie Ornament

BIL & Wife (1)

- Handmade Felt Holly Heart Ornament

DFriend

- Handmade Felt Cardinal Ornament

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
AuntJamelle ~ Great job! DS is sure to have an awesome Christmas morning! Thanks for posting the list, always great for ideas -- just added the Tin Can Cable Car Craft to my own DS's list! Good one!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
One of the gifts I am excited about this year is a bunch of balloons. It is a water balloon system that attaches to the tap and you can fill up 100 balloons in about 30 seconds. Should be great for summer.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
It sounds as though you ladies have found some great bargains.
I love the yard sale finds. I have one son & dil who would be offended by used gifts, & so would all of my step-children. The rest of my kids, though, would be happy with a gift no matter what it is.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just got back from a trip across town - hit SuperTarget and the Yankee Candle store at the mall!

Got a Jurrasic World DVD for DH, christmas book for DS at Target - Total = $13.49
Then at Yankee Candle I got a votive, a gift set of 12 tealights + pretty snowman holder, and two holiday votive 5 packs = Total under $7 !!!! Happy Dance!

I am so glad I got on Hip2Save this morning! She has posts about the Target Cartwheels that helped me save on those items and links to the Yankee Candle coupons I used to get such a great deal there. But the coupons are only good through today! So print and RUN!

I did 3 different transactions in order to use the 3 coupons I wanted. I asked the staff first about it and they were very nice and easy going.

Now I have a gift for DS's teacher and his two aides! Put those together with some tins of homemade cookies and they are DONE! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ Wow, great finds. Very satisfying to find great deals to add to the closet.
Lolwlias, my family would be fine with gifts from a yard sale. They are quite easy going when it comes to gifts.