Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Received a few more things from Alliexpress... led armband for when dd does her running outside early in the morning, some led fairy lights... think I'll keep those on the mantel all year long :)
Bought myself an ornament in New Hampton that will go in my stocking.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went through my mums wrapping paper and Christmas supplies yesterday. I cam home with about 10 rolls of gift wrap (my mum has bags full). It means I dont have to buy any wrapping paper this year. Although I am a sucker for pretty paper and will probably buy some anyhow!;)

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
From this paycheck I got the last of my nieces done this morning. I picked up a baby doll stroller and a baby doll that came with a diaper bag, play bottles, bibs, etc from Toys R Us. They are really cute and I think she will love them.
Toys R Us had a lot of summer toys on clearance (sand toys, bubbles, wiffle ball sets, pool toys, sidewalk chalk, etc) I didn't pick anything up because it was nothing that I could really use, but just wanted to let you ladies know in case there is one by you and you could use for Christmas, Easter baskets, etc.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I went to Wal-Mart tonight and bought 3 items off my daughters wish list from the Pioneer Woman. 2 towel sets and a Utensil holder that matches her dishes.

Reactions: Minta and tanya

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, I have seen some Pioneer Woman's items...they are gorgeous. Lucky DD

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Katrina, she gives me a list of items she wants...I go buy two and she tells me she bought them today. Ugggg....So I'm keeping the towels for myself. I told her shucks darn!! Do you like the floral items?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh, that stings. At least you end up with some nice towels.
I like the floral but a really like the plain white lacy dishes and the blue drinking glasses.
Pity we don't have Walmart here. (or perhaps a good thing)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Katrina, the blue drinking glasses are very, VERY pretty. I like all those fancy laced, etched glasses. I don't own any, but maybe I will. My collection is small at this point, but it's on clearance all over the country from post I've read, just not in my store yet so I'm holding out a bit longer.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, hang in there. Maybe you can also put a few items on your Christmas wish list.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I bought a snow sculpture kit for DD6. It comes with different molds and then waterproof instructions for how to put the shapes together to make different animals and such. She's so hard to buy for now, but she loves making snowmen, so I'm hoping it will be a hit.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
FS, the snowman kit sounds so cute. I am sure that DD will love it.

I got a few more things in the post yesterday. I bought DD and DS window scrapers that are inside a glove for in the stockings. Great for scraping the ice of the windscreens come winter.
I also received the cord protectors that Tanya was talking about a while back. The y will go into DD stocking. They are a great little item for just $1.
In hindsight I should have gotten a few sets just to keep in the gift closet.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Katrina would you mind terrible sharing a link at to what the cord protectors are. When I look I see a lot of different "styles?" Thanks in advance.:)

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
So far I have managed to get a few bits and pieces for the gift closet

2 large smellies sets which were meant to be £20 but were down to £3.99 each
3 packs of small tealight candles in festive scents for 50p each
3 toys for my daughter in my works 3 for 2 sale - aquabeads, fingerlings monkey and a build a bear bunny for £20
Speaker for my son which was meant to be £25 but was down to £7 in works sale
A shopkins mini light for my daughter
A top for my daughter which was reduced down to £2
2 emoji cushions which were meant to be £9.99 each but were down to £3.99

So I have a few bits and pieces to wrap at this next wrapping party and am making progress on family gifts and my daughter.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Thank you so much for sharing it with me. Time for work will look at it closer.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
DD4 saved up $20 and asked for a toy we saw at Walmart 6 months ago. She still remembered it. At the time it was $45 and too expensive for what it was (a Minnie Mouse that could light up in different colours.) I told her I'd look around for it, and I couldn't find it anywhere. When I told her no one had it anymore she asked if she could ask Santa because "his elves can make anything as long as I'm good, right?" I told her that sometimes they can, but it can be really hard for them to make older plastic toys because they have so many molds to store that sometimes they have to get rid of the older ones kids aren't asking for anymore. Anyways, last night someone posted on a bargain website that Amazon had them marked down to $8.44! I grabbed one (and of course had to spend about another $27 just to get the free shipping.) I hope she remembers wanting it by Christmas time, because while I'm not sure the toy has a lot of play value, it is worth $8.44 to see her open it up Christmas morning and know the elves made one for her!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, lol, Kelly has posted the link.
I got DD the cord protectors that look like the little dog paws as she loves dogs. A great little stocking filler.