Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Have been reading over this and you are all SO motivating. Trying harder than usual to knock out the gift giving earlier this year because we have relatives coming into town during my PRIMETIME wrapping week.

Will try to knock out some of the stocking stuff this week. My focus this year is going to be art supplies because they are all now into drawing and painting. Also for the older ones I'm looking at items for college next year (like fun office items like colorful staplers and such). Also tea sets for calm winter nights away at school -- those nights where they actually have to study.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cindylouwho,
I like the idea of the tea set for those cold winter nights. Very comforting.

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
I think I am mainly trying to get my shopping all done by November 31st.....that way then I can sit and enjoy december and all I need to do is sit and wrap gifts.......last year I seemed a bit unprepared and was still running round on Xmas eve tryign to get last minute bits.......wont be doing that again this year!

I used a local 3 for 2 event to finish off the last of my daughters toys so I only have 3/4 bits to get her now and then just stocking fillers.....
Most of my family is done.
Just need to focus on my son and husband now but with limited funds at the minute I doubt I will be doing much Xmas stuff this month!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are all doing so well.
Can't believe that we are into October, the time is really flying by.
We will all be in a very good position come Christmas Eve.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Bought 3 items for dd's stocking yesterday.... fancy mustard, orange-coriander-salt spice, salmon-dill-lemon olives.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Yum Lucie, they all sound really good.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a pair of boots for my daughter that she wanted. They were not on sale but they had her size and I didn't want to risk her size being sold out. We get our Christmas club check in a couple more week then the shopping will really get underway.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have to get into the gift closet and just double check what I have. I think I am doing OK but will need to make sure.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Picked up a b'day gift for December today.

Dollar General has these wooden ornaments that are $3 and then they have stickers to put on them numbered. Got Teigan a star and ornament shape one for her and a star one for a great nieces b'day. Got a bracelet last Sunday for great niece and then will get a small gift card and her b'day is done. It is the 6th of December and have b'days on Nov. 3rd and Nov. 15th.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I am happy to report that all of my Christmas shopping is done, that can be done for now. And the shopping that cannot be done, the money is out aside in an envelope. We draw names on my side of the family, so though I do not know who myself and DH will pull, the money is there. We draw the names on Thanksgiving. Also, my DD15, likes to go shopping for clothes as Christmas presents. We have found that we get much better deals on black Friday and after, so I have put the money in an envelope for that time as well. My DH and I have decided that we will not exchange Christmas gifts this year, and we are both A OK with that.

I really was to thank Katrina for this thread, Minta for all of encouragement through out the year, and Tanya, Lucie and Lana for all of the great ideas. The problem with name callouts is that I am afraid I may have missed someone. If I did, please know that I appreciate you, I just have a poor memory!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great work JK!
I scratched the surface of the gift-closet yesterday. Filled boxes for 4 nephews (+bday of one in December) and put the gift+ the money inside. I found a place to put the 5 boxes in dd's closet. They are finished will just need wrapping.
Have to go through the rest of the gift closet,.... maybe next weekend.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
JK, I am so thrilled that you are in such a great shape for Christmas. It is great to be able to sit back and just enjoy the season without worrying about money or time.
I certainly have been better organised since joining all of you wonderful girls.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the big mall on the city yesterday with DD. She bought Christmas presents for her dad and brother so I think that she is finished.
My mum will be here this coming Thursday to wrap all of the gifts at my house which will be good. I will then have time to find more if I don't have enough.

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
Hello All.
Im back again!
I am so almost finished for my daughter - I have one more toy to pick up tomorrow and then it is just sweeties and a phone case for her stocking and then I am done for her :)
Then I need to start my son who at present has one thing!
Most of the family are brought for so far though too which is a nice feeling - means I get to rest and destress and I will just enjoy wrapping in December :)