Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Husband got our son his monogrammed golf balls. He also bought his big gift, I’m not really understanding what it is, (something for his Jeep???). Regardless atleast it’s taken care of. I also got him more shampoo, dish soap and toilet paper.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to IKEA yesterday. DH spotted an apron that he said that he liked, never thought he would be an apron type of guy but he said he really liked it so I got it. I will see what I can find to go with it or it will be a gift by itself.
Got DS and DD BF a glass beer mug for 2.49each. I will get DS a bottle of beer to go with his and DD BF I will get a can of cherry coke which is his favorite.
Will be interested to see what IKEA bring out closer to Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i got gift cards for mothers day will be using them for some christmas presents
Faye, GC are always useful. Don't forget to do something nice for yourself too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a couple more stocking stuffers for my kids the other day. The grocery store had the trial size bottle of Axe body sprays marked down to 99 cents each so I picked up a couple for my son and picked up a couple trial size hand lotions for my daughter, one was marked down at the grocery store and the other was a free from bath and body works.

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My daughter has a thing for Owls. Could be because she is a big Harry Potter fan lol. Anyhow found this cute reversible backpack pocketbook yesterday, One side was strips but you could flip the straps over and the over side of the bag was all owls. It's cute. Picked it up and tucked it away. Will probably give it to her for her birthday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got a nice jacket for my mum, she saw it and said she liked it so thought I would get it, bonus was it was 50%off.
Picked up a few more stocking fillers, fridge shopping list for DD, some mints for DS, deodorant for DS BF little things like that.
Thinking of buying DD and BF some outside furniture so will look at that at some stage.
DH came home from the hardware with some work lights that he saw and thought were a good buy so they are in the gift closet too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Went to the mall yesterday and Yankee Candle is having their semi annual sale and found an Owl Tart warmer marked down 75% off. Picked up one for our daughter for Christmas. Our son is a huge Iron Man fan and Build a bear had an Iron Man bear and an Iron Man outfit so we got that for his birthday this summer.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Still working on stocking fillers. Got deodorants and bandaids for a few of the stockings. Am still collecting products for FIL but will get to the stage where I will need to wait for the more perishable items.
DVD's have been arriving for DS so am putting those away as they come.
Will need to tidy up the gift closet this week as I am just throwing things in as they arrive and it is a bit of a mess in there.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I picked up some $29.50 candles at Yankee Candle for $10! I found some soaps, plug in deodorizers and car deodorizers at Bath and Body Works during their sale. I also picked up rain boots for my dd's birthday.

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a cute mini notebook set for my sister's stocking - and another bar of fancy, heavenly smelling French soap for someone - haven't decided who yet. I may keep it!!! lol

Found a couple of really cool books I'd put away upstairs for when DS was older - they will be perfect for him right now so added those to the gift closet area!

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Every one is doing so well on stocking the gift closet.
It's June!!! I tend to start to panic a little now as the year is half way done and Christmas is rapidly approaching.
Just glad that we are all making progress however small to making our Christmas wonderful and stress free.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
LOL, Katrina! I completely understand the small quiver of panic!

I've been having them regularly now that the year is almost half over.

Most people would say "Oh I've got half a year until Christmas! That's way too far away!"

MHH'ers in June = :confused:

....in August = o_O

....in October = :eek:

...in December = :cool:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, I love that!
I shopped bath and body works Monday. Candles and hand soap for my son. Found a nice cookbook at dollar tree on braising for my son too.
My husband keeps asking me for a list. I can’t think of anything off the top of my head. Well not anything we can afford! I have very little for him. I just bought a bunch of movies at dollar tree for Father’s Day which I already gave him. He has been really enjoying them even the loser ones. I think I ll start stocking up on them for Christmas when I see them. I need to get on him about a list too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MHH'ers
in June = :confused:

....in August = o_O

Oh I love this and so, so true. I am going to try and print this out and paste it in my planner.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
LOL, Katrina! I completely understand the small quiver of panic!

I've been having them regularly now that the year is almost half over.

Most people would say "Oh I've got half a year until Christmas! That's way too far away!"

MHH'ers in June = :confused:

....in August = o_O

Absolutely Love this and it is so true.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul