goodbye 2019 hello 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy New Year to you all. I am hoping to continue with the great work that I started in 2019, I found it made a real difference. A few "rules" for the new year....try to only touch things once, so if I take a glass to the kitchen pop it in the dishwasher not on the bench. Sort mail at the mail box and put recycling straight in the bin, things like that.
Here's to another 52 weekly wonders.

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Read and
Sleep at a reasonable time.

Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday ( ) Tuesday ( ) on holidays this week.
*wash hair (X) ( )
*shave legs ( )
*self tanner ( ) ( ) ( )
*washing (X) (X)
*fold washing ( )
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)
*meal plan (X)
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X)
*grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*books back to library ( )
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*DrillDance training plan ( )
*DrillDance training ( )

Extras:
*Make appointment for license medical (X)
*Pack Christmas away (X)

Word of the Year:
Appreciate.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I like your ideas for the new year. The mail thing is very helpful. I do that and it has made a difference. I still need to think about goals/changes I want to make for 2020. I've been wrapped up in Christmas (no pun intended) these last few days.

• Review calendar for upcoming week. Done
  • Plan Menu for next week
  • Clean Bathrooms. Done
  • Pay bills. Done
  • HHP Done
  • FlyLady - This week we are doing a whole house clean/maintenance
New this Week:

• Do food preparation for Ice Skating get together. Done
  • Do food preparation for New Year's Eve. Done
  • Buy Birthday card. Done
  • Determine DVD selections for Tuesday. Done
  • Make new reading plan for first quarter of 2020
  • Determine research/writing plan for first quarter of 2020. Done
  • Make exercise plan for first quarter of 2020. Done
  • Make cleaning plan for first quarter of 2020. Done
  • Determine when to start organizing photos. Done
Still to Do:
  • Organize pictures:
    • Divide pictures into 5 groups.
    • Work on the first group this week.
    • Write names and dates on the back of pictures

Last edited:
Reactions: GrammaDeb

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I haven't had time to ponder too much on the New Year sadly. I can barely think to the week ahead these days. I'm so behind on my life right now. :(

Appointments:
[X] Chiropractor (Fri)
[X] Eli Orthodontist (Fri)
[X] Pain Management (Fri)

Work:
[X] Mon
[X] Tue
[X] Thu
[X] Sat

School:
[X] Finish Week 5
[X] Finish Week 6
[X] Work on task

Other:
[X] Pack away Christmas
[X] Figure out what to do to fix Alice
[X] Shop for new shoes
[X] Cancel cable (Fri)
[X] Make hair appointment

Fun:
[X] Work on puzzle
[X] Read

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have made a list of a few major things that I must do next year.

The first is to completely empty and sort out my photo trunk.(thanks Mary). The photos are stored in a wooden trunk that is over 100 years old. I have not sorted photos out for years so it will take me a few days. I think if I can set aside a Friday, Saturday and Sunday I should get it done.

The second is a bit more immediate. I will cull Christmas. I have 4 totes full of Christmas items. I like most of it but this year I was frustrated by decorating the tree and I did not put out a lot of decor. I would like to look at each item and decide whether it is something I would like to keep. Sort of like Konmari cleaning.I don't want to keep pulling totes out year only to use a portion of what I have. I would like to cull at least 10-20 items. Once again do not care if it takes me 3 or 4 days to do it. Simplify is the key here.

Later in the year I will sort and cull all the Christmas cards, tags, bags and bows that I have stored in the craft room. If I don't think I will use it I will donate/toss it. the containers I store these in is not working.

I want to look at each room in my house with fresh eyes. How can I change it up, make it more comfortable, declutter, organise?

I want to really utilise Rudy days and wrapping days and the craft days that I spend with my Mum, so that Christmas 2020 is the best that it can be. Relaxed and magical.

I am sure that as the year progresses I will find more major projects but these are the ones that are a priority for me.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had a whole thoughtful response written out on Monday. Then the computer froze. :mad: It's the first chance I've had to try again.

I haven't had time to ponder too much on the New Year sadly. I can barely think to the week ahead these days. I'm so behind on my life right now. :(

When I have days/weeks like that, I've found it helpful to think about what is important to me to get done. It makes me feel like I accomplished something on my to do list and not everyone else's list of things for me to do.

I am sure that as the year progresses I will find more major projects but these are the ones that are a priority for me.

I have similar thoughts to your post. I have a 2020 notebook that I will use alongside my planner. It has my lists/goals for the year. It's also where I'm going to keep running lists of things on my mind: Decluttering Plan, Rudolph Day plan, Exercise Plan, etc. I was using my planner for the lists but my writing space was limited. I'll see how this works for the year.

I was going to switch things up and do activities in quarterly sessions but I think I'll stick with trimesters: January-April, May-August and September to December. I'm going to use a five 20 minute session plan for getting projects done on a weekly basis. I'm hoping this helps to get things done without feeling overwhelming.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, I agree with Mary. What helps me is a have 5 bullet points each week of what my priorities are. They are not all hard things and not all work eg
  • 5 rows of knitting
  • clean cutlery drawer
  • make appointment with doctor
  • bubble bath
  • return library books.
If these are my goals for the week they are written in my planner and I make sure I do them. It is a simple thing but helps keep me on track and not feel so overwhelmed.

Don't forget to ask for help if needed, DD or Eli could help make a simple meal, DS could help clean the bathroom.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Thank you both! I'm working on ways to make my life more manageable and taking any and all suggestions at this point. I did list my Sunday shift in our swap binder and someone took it! Yay! So i'll have a glorious weekend day at home to work on schoolwork and do whatever needs doing. I have not taken advantage of this binder at work yet and decided it was about time to do so since they keep giving me more hours than I ask for. I might start doing it way more often since I keep getting 8 hour shifts both weekend days.