GPP Week Three - (Decor Week)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Week Three on The Great Pumpkin Plan!!!

October 1 - October 7, 2017
  • Decorate for Halloween!

• Put up all decor as possible this week

• If still working on DIY decor projects assess where you are at with them and if you will be able to finish them by when you want/need them - update your calendar tool as needed

• If anything still needs to be purchased for decor try to do it this week!
  • Party Planning (Hosting Scenario)

• Continue to refine your lists as needed this week - Groceries needed? Items for games/activites?

• Continue to work on any DIY items intended for the party - Decor? Games? Costume Prizes?

• Mail paper invitations this week (if applicable)
  • Costume Prep

• Begin ordering costumes or supplies for DIY costume projects this week (if you haven’t started already! Best selection comes to the early shopper! Remember to price compare!)

• If planning trip to local costume store as desired - plug it in on your calendar tool of choice!
  • Classroom Treats (if applicable)

• Decide on items to send in (remember to check school rules)

• Purchase items as needed or add to shopping list; Plug in a reminder on your calendar to get things purchased by XYZ date!

• If DIY’ing the treat somehow - i.e. “dressing up” candy bars, etc. plug in time on your calendar for accomplishing this!
  • Candy Stock-up

• Purchase at least one bag of candy during normal grocery trips this week - HIDE!

• Watch for coupons online and in the paper! Start reviewing blogs like Hip2Save for candy deals!

• Consider ordering specialty candy online; Example: One year my sister ordered super sized pixie sticks - they were a HUGE hit with the kids!

Reactions: Minta

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
All the Halloween decor has been brought down from the attic. it will go up next week

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We wait till after Thanksgiving (October 9th this year) before putting up our Halloween Decor.
Yesterday we picked up a skeleton to sit on the porch.

Printing out the tags for my holiday treats - for work. This year it's "fangtatstic" toothbrushes and monster teeth combo (I work with children).

We will be giving out at home for teal pumpkin "cauldron bubbles" and witch broom pencils.
For nonfood allergy treaters, the usual grab bag of candy.

Need to find new striped socks and an orange apron for Halloween. Plan on sewing button spiders on the apron.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
[X] Decorate for Halloween - DONE! All that is left to do is replace the bulb in the one large outdoor light up Jack O' Lantern - hope to do that tonight!
[N/A] Parties to Host
[/] Costume Prep - I have all the supplies on hand, just need to start work!
[/] Classroom Treats - Started making the "mummy" Hershey bars last night, got 6 done. The google eyes are glued on all of them and will keep working on wrapping them. Also plan to print a cute little tag that I will attach to each one as well!
[ ] Candy Stock Up - Looked at bags of candy at Menards but passed on getting them since Sam's has such a better deal! Also found a note to myself that school asks for candy contributions for their Halloween parade so i need to pick up extra for that!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I pulled out the Halloween decorations today and my daughter helped decorate while we listened to Halloween music. :)

I have a few ideas for the DIY costume that I have to try out.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I continued work on the classroom treats last night. I have all but 3 candy bars mummified! :) Still need to print the little tags and attach those as well!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Most of our outside Halloween decorations are up. Just need to add a couple more strands of lights and still want to get a couple hay bales and corn stalks.

Still working on the inside decorations, its mostly fall type of decorations as we do not have much inside Halloween decorations.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This weekend is our Thanksgiving, so we might put up the Halloween décor and maybe make the Halloween bags while chatting :)... or maybe not!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I picked up another pumpkin today - and got one at Aldi yesterday - so we have 3 of Jack O'Lantern size now - one for each of us!

Got a Halloween glow in the dark T-shirt with a Jack O'Lantern pattern for DS and a Bernstein Bears Go on a Ghost Walk book for him. And I bought a 6 pack of Hershey bars for making smores on our Halloween camping trip.

Just need my girlfriend to give me some idea of what she has in mind for food for our trip this year so I can finish my planning - and my grocery list for the trip!!!

Adding more to my Halloween schedule this year. Since the big day falls on a Tuesday and I will be at work I am excited to participate in an event for the pediatric patients at the hospital I work for. I haven't heard back yet but might be involved with setting up a game table/dressing up to hand out non food treats. :)