halloween 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
we are getting Halloween in cracker barrel on Friday july 1st look fwd to seeing what we have this year.

Reactions: Minta

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to start thinking about that too! My friend is thinking of having a party... so we will need costumes! However she always does a theme so might have to wait and see

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
As usual, we are planning a camping trip for Halloween. We're going even earlier than normal this year, starting Wednesday night and coming home on Sunday. It's awkward with the actual date falling on Monday this year!

The campground will have trick or treating on Saturday. Everyone goes all out with decorating their campsites. Last year we carved a few pumpkins and put a few decorations out. I need to start thinking about what we want to do this year.

I've been working on a Halloween craft project and have a couple of wreaths planned to make for decorating the house this year too.

I can't wait!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have a small pumpkin decor that I hang beside the front door that was terribly faded by the sun. I repainted it today!

HW2, I'm hoping to get to Cracker Barrel one day next week. I love the decorations they have for all holidays!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am thinking of hosting a teenager halloween party.... something outside. My son is on the football team and on several clubs. I am thinking food and a firepit. This will be my first teenager party so... any advice would be great.

A lot of snack and finger type foods.

I found that Sugar cookies cut out in Halloween shapes along with rice crispy treats decorated with Halloween colors always go fast. Hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza are a favorite among my kids and their friends.

Add food coloring to dips mayo and mustard to change the color to add to the Halloween color scheme.

A portable radio and Halloween light strung around the yard.

If doing a fire pit set up a smores station.

Hay bales and extra throw blankets for outdoor seating.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We will be home handing out treats :)

We plan on expanding on the spider theme, it works for us = they are creepy enough without the gore/fear factor I don't like (during Hallowe'en or anytime actually lol)

Will likely add more spiders (big furry black ones with wire legs) and looking out for a skeleton tall enough to 'stand' (with support) as 'the exterminator' - we have a beware of spiders sign.

Reactions: Minta and Cathymac2

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Hello all! It's finally September and almost time to decorate for fall! Yay!

We are planning our 10th Boo!Bash this year! I am really leaning toward a much more casual approach this year. If we continue it after this year I think it will sort of melt into a fall get together rather than a Halloween focus.

I am planning an outdoor movie (It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown for the littles while we are eating then Hocus Pocus after that) along with our usual hot dog roast, chili, cheese dip and S'mores around the fire.

My backyard needs mucho work!! That will be October projects, after it cools off some.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
want to have a Halloween party this year. haven't decided the theme yet

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD has one of her Dr's request leftover Halloween candy since the next appointment is after Halloween. lol

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
speaking of candy..I'm one up on this. After 4th of July, my neighborhood walmart market had shelves full of red, white and blue hershey's candies clearanced. We went back 3 times..and I think we bough 50+ bags of candy. Super, duper cheap. Some my husband kept, but I normally spend like 45.00 for all the candy I take to church and some I donate to the city, so I got an amazing deal! I wouldn't of thought of that, but my brother said...uh...Halloween..and back we went!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Boys are making requests for Hallowe'en candy - they like to ensure the stuff I get is candy 'they' like; we have very different ideas about what is 'good' so it works out for everyone ;).

This year I purchased small brown paper bags that I will stamp and add ribbon, to put the treats in.
I will also make caramel apples, mulled cider and dipped rice krisipie 'ghosts' for 'friends' that stop in during the night.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Thought you might like this. Found it on Pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/113153009368157393/

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have my Halloween candy bought - 200 hundred pieces of chocolate - that should be enough....I usually end up with a very very small amount left - just enough for a treat for husband and me!

of course, we will have lots of halloween candy after though - both grandchildren go trick or treating....and they live with us - so the big big bowl of candy will be calling my name ! LOL