Happy Planner as Christmas Notebook

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For years I've used a Christmas Countdown Notebook (its red with a clear front so I added an insert. Its worked pretty well but since I bought a second Happy Planner I decided to use the last three months of 2015 to create a disc bound Christmas planner.

I'll try to post pics a little later....

I have really simplified the plans as life changes and its good to re evaluate what you need....:) Fro example I stopped sending cards a couple of years ago. Sometimes I miss it but mostly not.

I am using October-December monthly calendars and week sections for the holiday cleaning and prep things I want to accomplish each month and then I created the following sections:

Gifts
Stocking Stuffers
24 Day Gifts
Elf Plans
Baking Plans
Party Plans

December Daily: This is a larger section where I put 25 pages to create my December Daily journal/art journal this year. I didn't do very well with this last year so hope to improve this year!

That way I have ALL of my stuff in ONE place....pictures later as my phone is acting up on me again. (ugh)

Reactions: DawnSu

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gingerbug, that planner sounds really interesting. I would love to have a look if you get a chance to post photos.

Reactions: DawnSu

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
That's the cover of the Christmas Planner (Happy Planner style). I bought the cover for a dollar off of a seller but if you have a laminator they are pretty easy to make yourself or I am thinking about picking up some clear contact paper or taking some to like Office Max or somewhere to pay for laminating. Next I'll show you the monthly view for October. I haven't journal on the side bar yet!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is one of the weekly view pages...I am trying to put house stuff in the top box, Christmas prep in the second and to journal a memory from "Christmas Past" in the bottom box.

The side bar on each weekly view is going to be lists. Not to do list but favorites lists and all of that...you know how lists are all the rage now. This first one is favorite cookies.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
There are three months in the front of the planner. I must say I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with the daily stuff for October but its still listed and as I have time I go back and mark things off even if they are not completed on that exact date. Here is the back of the planner with the sections for gifts, stocking stuffers etc.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The very last part is the December Daily pages. I did a great job with this for a couple of years and then not so good at all the last two years so I am hoping keeping this right in my planner will help. I have started pre decorating some pages to get a head of the game and then can journal or add stuff each day.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here are the predecorated pages for Dec. 1st and 2nd. I also added some old Christmas card fronts as inserts (that's the snowman) so I have more room for writing (you can write on the back of the card.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wow, that turned out fantastic!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Gingerbug, that is amazing. Well done. I am certainly impressed.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I loved using the Happy Planner as my Christmas planner and journal but I don't think I'll use one again in 2016. I am really trying to simplify Christmas and to do so I need a simple planner also...Not sure what that is going to look like.....I fell behind on everything in 2015....just like I always seem to....but hopefully I'll come back and post some finished pages soon.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
:( How come I cannot see them?