Happy Planning The Holidays 2015

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
In the CIJ thread we were discussing the Happy Planner. I think it will make an awesome Christmas, Halloween, Easter, 4th of July planner ;) thats why I bought mine to keep up with projects and Ideals for the Holidays and the count downs. I would love to discuss it here in the notebooks section. I noticed that the notebook section has really suffered in the last year or so. I'm wondering how many of us still use notebooks (ME< ME< ME with my hand in the air)
Any Thoughts?

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
I still use a notebook. I couldn't survive without it. I buy a new one every January and get started transferring everything that I need for Christmas planning.

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
Debi, I just went over to the CIJ and looked at the Happy Planner. How wonderful. I currently use an Arc - I have the punch and everything - for my everyday planner and never thought of having one for my Christmas planner.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I love my happy planner, I got it at Micheal's with a 60% off coupon from JoAnn's for 10.00.
they are regularly 24.00. they also have them at Hobby Lobby in the project life section. I printed out my HGP calendar on the HP refill paper and put it in my HP. It's easy with any pdf file.

I used the 3 vertical sections that are labeled morning noon and night. Must do (work hours, pay a bill, etc) To Do (15 minutes in what ever area the HGP calls for, (front porch knock down cob webs, sweep, paint etc) and projects (crochet on Santa jacket for 15 minutes, do quick sketch of favorite ornament, paint favorite ornament. work on Christmas cards for 15 minutes etc) I find if I break down my projects it's easier to get them done in a reasonable amount of time and I don't procrastinate as much.
which is why I got the Happy Planner to start with. So far it's working out just awesome.
Does anyone else have any ideals how I could use the 3 sections for each day? How would you do it?

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Happy Planner

I love my happy planner as well, but I also use digital. When I'm planning out an event; of which I do many. I put my plan on paper, and then I take a picture of it with my phone, while in the app OneNote, wella...... It is then sent to all of my devices. I can also print out anything, punch it and put it in the Happy Planner. ( like my HGP print outs) I also use my digital calendar, with my weekly,daily and monthly routines placed on it, also I put my work schedule(which varies from week to week), appointments and upcoming events. I print that out on a weekly basis whole punch and put that in the HP in between the current week pages. I use this instead of the weekly pages for all my planning. I then just write my daily to do's on the calendar print out. The weekly pages that come with the HP I use for my various list challenges that I belong to. The morning slot is changed it to three gifts that I'm thankful for today. The afternoon slot is changed to listers got a list challenge that I belong too. And the evening slot is for my menu.
~ Laurie

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I thought I might share the sections of my Happy Planner for anyone interested:

Events
Calendar Section
Bible Study
Christmas
Notes
Bill tracker
Stickers
Pouch for sticky notes and pen.

I also have the pocket folders and sticky note dash board that is put out by MAMBI
I have to say it's one of my favorite planners ever!!
~ Laurie

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I thought I might share the sections of my Happy Planner for anyone interested:

Events
Calendar Section
Bible Study
Christmas
Notes
Bill tracker
Stickers
Pouch for sticky notes and pen.

I also have the pocket folders and sticky note dash board that is put out by MAMBI
I have to say it's one of my favorite planners ever!!
~ Laurie
How do you use it for Bible Study? I'm fascinated with mine just not sure how to use it with the 3 sections still feeling my way around I would love some ideals for it.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Hi Debbie, I have two forms that I have printed out from different websites. I made multiple copies of those forms punched them and put them in my happy planner. One is for Inductive Bible Study, the other is from Hello Mornings web site, I also use notepaper in between the forms If I need more room. And on a occasion I just use notepaper when I am doing the SOAP method of Bible study, The method that is used by the Love God Greatly website.

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
sorry ladies but don't understand where this Happy Planner is-could you please explain to me where it is-sounds like something I would like to have-thank you woman

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I don't want to go to work today--I want to just plan....work in my notebook. LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I don't really use a Christmas Planner.
I buy a new diary every year and make sure that it has loads of extra pages in the back that I use for planning Christmas. Over the past few months I have been thinking of how/if I would use a specific Christmas planner. I might give it some more thought and perhaps go to the large office store near me and see if anything really jumps out at me.