HGP 2015 - Week 15 - Finish-Up Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
we're finished ... maybe.

That's why Week Fifteen, Finish-Up Week, is devoted to finish-up tasks.

It's now or never, and the season is here. In the house, we'll tend to any undone chores, bonus areas, or final preparations.

In holiday prep, the season enters full swing this week. We'll finish mailing packages and cards, and prepare for the final stretch to the holiday.

Ready? Let's get organized with Finish-Up Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
It is time to finish-up, even if everyone around you seems to be just 'starting'.

We have fallen a little behind in upkeep cleaning, and the weather has stayed pretty warm - no snow yet!

We are awaiting 4 shipments of Christmas items ordered on cyber Monday, and have the edibles for stockings to pick up still - but besides that we are done :) ... as long as you don't count not having a tree up or having no idea where I put the stockings and more gifts unwrapped than wrapped! We are doing a-ok. :elf:

This year has been a bit of a bust, for my plans are 'best laid' but often become "not met goals" at the end of the week. I am accomplishing laughing at myself and taking it all one day at a time, for the most part.

The priorities are being met, and if there's still a pile of laundry, unmade beds or dog hair in the corners of my dining room - I can live with that.

So I will turn down the lights, light the scented candles, turn on the Christmas Carols and sip my tea.
All is good my friends. All is good.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decorating is done as is the food I wanted to prep.

Left to do:
Post cards tomorrow, finish shopping tomorrow and wrapping this weekend. Friday is dh's work party. hairdresser appointment is this week.I need to prep my timeline for the 31st. Rest is regular maintenance.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Sometimes turning the lights down, the carols up and just saying it is what it is - IS GOOD! :)

I'm ready to take a breather the next couple of days!

Big dinner party is over, took DS for photo with Santa too! Decorating was done Thanksgiving weekend. Got my last package for Santa on East Race event for kids wrapped yesterday and turned in today.

Now I will be working on finalizing details for my work's holiday party (I ended up planning that this year!) and also work on tasks for my Wrapping Party with the girls this coming Sunday.

Need to figure out when I am baking all the cookie dough in the freezer to pack in cookie tins to ship and also to fill platters to take into my work and send to DH's work.

I wanted to make PW Cinnamon Rolls for gifting to co-workers, school, etc. this year but not sure if I'll fit that in!

Need to get DS Christmas photos ordered so I can slip in the Christmas cards and get them mailed - they are ready to go otherwise!

Setting up the Christmas train around the tree tonight! :)

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Hi Gang,

I fell quite a bit behind this year, and lots of the big cleaning and decluttering didn't get done. And lots of my plans for magic are not coming to fruition.

BUT. There is food in the fridge, the house is clean enough (although I could do with mopping the floor), the spare room is ready for guests, most of the presents are bought and a lot of thane wrapped, my overseas cars are sent and I still have time to do the local ones. The tree is up, some decorating is done, and there are plans in place for the season for family stuff.

I need to do more wrapping, buying, and writing. I have to make the veggies for family dinner on the day in 1 house, but nothing in the other. I have to do packing lists, and then pack for 2 trips. But i am now pacing myself for that.

I've missed my work lunch with my team, but will make it to the night out for a couple of hours this week, I hope. Doc should allow me back to work tomorrow (bad chest infection laid me low, it was on top of all the other stresses that I was just floored by it, because normally I just slow down but keep working through such infection so). And DH, DD and I will have a few days of quiet between Christmas and New Year to take time out for just us, which is much needed.

Good to see that everyone else's plans are falling into place now too. And that unfinished plans are still a source of smiling that progress is being made, it's much better to smile at something wryly than get stressed about perfection.