HGP 2016 Week 14, Holiday Decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
My new frosty is out on the kitchen porch - it is very bright! I think eventually once the garden and front yard is finished (summer projects) he will migrate to the front garden amid the trees - think he will look wonderful there!

New lights have been purchased and I am working on the kitchen porch garland this afternoon - taking off the old lights and putting on the new, wiring in the Christmas baubles, mesh ribbon and the 'grapevine' I have bundled (from our quickly growing Virginia Creeper!)

All cards will be finished being addressed this afternoon and will be shipped tomorrow!
Social events are planned for the holiday, along with visits to family. All marked in day-planner and the family Calendar.

We have our pencil tree up, and will decorate this afternoon! We plan on going to the tree farm to cut our own (our 18 year old gets to use the saw this year) next weekend - second Advent.

My staff Christmas meeting/luncheon is the 14th, I have put aside the 'gift' and will wrap Tuesday for the exchange (it is a white elephant type - I think that is what it's called, something unwanted etc...) Tuesday I will pop into the office and help decorate the office door.

Ham is in the freezer and turkey will make its arrival soon.

Christmas music is on, let the festive begin!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
all decorations are up. Yesterday did spaghetti sauce (big, big pot), and lasagnas for the freezer. today got 4 desserts done up to now. will be adressing cards either tomorrow or next weekend

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
All decor is up both inside and out! Just need to buy an outside light timer since I can't find ours! Ugh!

Will take a picture of DS in front of the tree tonight and order prints for Christmas cards tomorrow.

Next big project is ramp up to our dinner party for a large group of friends this Saturday! Reviewing menu plans today and finalizing shopping lists. Picked up some beer at Sam's today but still need a good grocery shop later this week. But a good majority of the menu - which is appetizer themed - is already made and in the freezer! Which feels nice!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did thumbprint cookies, prepped cards yesterday and got them mailed at noon. Next up will be wrapping next weekend

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Way to go Lucie and AuntJamelle!

Shopped from the comfort of my couch and pj's on yesterday for cyber Monday - an introverts favorite shopping day! Purchased a couple ipad covers for the boys units and ordered a book from amazon. Etsy was socks and day planner stickers! Sears was an un-holiday (not a gift) item - a new vacuum, and Christmas Eve pj's for the boys.
I have wrapped items as they arrived, but do need to wrap a few items still - once the boys are in bed or 'away' at school/recreation programs.

My search has not found our Advent items from last year - so I quickly put one together Sunday morning and downloaded this years Advent app for oldest sons iPad. Printed off the reading suggestions for Advent, our home wreath.

Penciled in the Christmas to watch movies for 'Friday Family nights' - movie, game and pizza. Seriously my favorite time of the year!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
HE - I'd like to add that to my advent calendar... Friday night at the movies!
I need to plan for the elf arrival this week... and he is coming in with the advent calendar... so have to finish that up too

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, Christmas PJs I ordered and "thought" had arrived at MIL's were not there. Just had 2 packages from Kohls. Checked and they won't be here for days! So I went to mall on lunch today and picked up a pair - really cute ones - at The Children's Place for $1 cheaper than the ones I ordered! Go figure!

SO, tonight we will take a picture in front of the tree. I know right where the Santa/Elf hats are and he can pick which one he wears!

Have just finished reviewing my menu for the appetizer themed dinner party this weekend and printed my grocery list for tomorrow. One of my girlfriends is coming over Friday night to help me assemble some of the food and my MIL is dropping off fresh mint from her planters on Saturday morning to garnish the punch!

If all goes as planned, I'll have all of Saturday before the party for cleaning as needed and some actual time to get ready and primp! Which reminds me, no CLUE what I am wearing. But I know from experience not to wear a sweater! Which stinks because I have some really cute ones! It just gets too hot, running around, taking trays out of the oven and so on! Must figure that out!

I ordered a BOAT load of Christmas gifts today too - mainly for MIL, BIL and my sister's boyfriend. Also ordered birthday gifts for MIL and little BIL (they have birthdays next weekend) and I did the store pickup at Target for one of them and have already picked that up too.

Stopped by Yankee Candle while at the mall and seriously irritated the sales clerk by using by $10 off a $10 purchase coupon to buy a small jar candle (reg $10.99) for $0.99. Sorry lady! I spend PLENTY in your store on other occasions. Today, I'm using the coupon!!! So that will be a nice extra little gift to slip into one of the boxes I am shipping too.

So is it naptime yet? I realize I talk about naps a lot. That seems to be my thing. lol

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have a package to pick up at the post office this morning. must be ds's lounge pants I ordered. Today I NEED to wrap, FINISH dd's mittens, start felt ornaments (have 4 different ones to do), work on my timeline for NY's eve reception. Also have to make pizza on english muffins & freeze these for the Holidays.