Hgp 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I went on the Holiday Grand Plan's website to see when the countdown begins this year. It still says 2015. The sister plan also says 2015.

Does anyone know what week it begins?? August 28 or September 4?? I am just curious so that I can start on my planner and get organized in my master calendar.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been checking the site lately too! In the past, the HGP almost always begins at the end of August. I would highly anticipate that the first day will be Sunday, August 28th :)

For now, that is what I'm planning on! :)

I have my own list of HGP tasks by week that I've developed over the years, tailored to cleaning tasks I know need to happen for each space and including all the odds and ends of holiday prep that I've added as well. I just resave each year and tweak as needed.

Looking forward to it!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I love the graphic on the website. So nostalgic.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've used the new calendars to update my personal HGP list I've developed over the years. It's setup week by week, with the list of specific cleaning tasks I know I have to tackle for each area.

I also have the Holiday prep tasks listed for each week and over time I've popped in extra reminders and prompts that just help me out greatly.

I've been reviewing my list and tweaking a bit here and there with this year in mind! Can't believe it's almost time to start!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I got a little head start today on week 3, entry. I thinned and cleaned out the flower beds beside the front steps. Some things that "collected" at the front of the house were relocated to their rightful places, too. I found a wasp nest among the flowers in the flower bed. I kept trying to find where they were going. Glad I found it, so I could get rid of it!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Way to go, missjane! Every little bit helps!

I am getting excited - we are very close to HGP kicking off! So much to do!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got a head start on part of HGP this weekend! Completely emptied walk in pantry, got rid of expired items, combined like things, and reassigned seldom used items (i.e. fondue set, etc.) to the storage areas upstairs.

It is SO much nicer in there now! Kitchen week is such a big one that it will be nice to only have closets to do in the week following - that way if need be I can carry over some kitchen HGP tasks! :)

I even got out all the cookie cutters I own plus the boatload I picked up at garage sales this spring and washed them all - so that is ready for cookie baking too!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Agreed, cmerth!

It is a big job! Definitely not one I can knock out in a weekend like I can with many of the other rooms on the plan!

I'm taking some time now to review my list of tasks again - started with list from HGP site and have tweaked and added things specific to our home - and now I'm looking for info on how to clean certain things.

For example, I looked up a way to clean your stove grates - recipe for cleaning shower drain - recipe for a good carpet spot remover - how to clean your dishwasher - your dryer - and so on...and I'm adding notes on those things into my master HGP list.

I've also reviewed my list for each room to see if there is a certain order I want to do them in. I usually clean bottom to top, but in the bedroom for example, I'll want to start by stripping the bed and washing mattress topper, pillows, etc. while I'm working on cleaning the room.

I'm also going to sprinkle the mattress with baking soda and that needs to sit for an hour before I vacuum it up, so another thing I need to do early on.

Just trying to tweak things a bit and get ready!

Another thought I had was that I should clean my vacuum cleaner before the HGP starts! I'm sure it needs it!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I"m kind of excited now. Normally I get behind right off the bat because I have to take my daughter to college, but she's on her own this year. I guess I better get printing!!!