HGP 2017 - Master Bath Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Week FIVE, everyone!!!

Master Bath and Linen closets are the official focus this week! But if you are mixing things up, no worries, just share what you are doing!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/05-master-bathroom-week

HOLIDAY PREP
  • Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  • Take toys and books that are outgrown, clean them up and prepare them for donation to toy drives.
  • Make list of toys and books that children would enjoy and that would fit in their rooms and that would work with what they have. Keep it hand for telling family what they would like.
  • Inventory clothing and have another list of clothing items needed. Measure the children and put measurements on this list.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
No toys with my boys ages, but they are going through their electronic equipment, games and books to see what needs to be donated, replaced or tossed. Clothing is in need of replacement, making a list as I completed laundry this morning.

My master bathroom is mostly in boxes, needing to be installed!
My plan this week is to keep on with fall projects, working on windows this week!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Linen closet in great shape, Master bathroom is in good shape I do however need to steam mop the bathroom floor.

I will be making a big batch of meatballs and taco meat later this week, some to be used for a party this weekend and the rest to freeze for quick dinners for other nights.

I do have a stack of clothes the kids out grew. I need to add them to the donation pile and arrange for a donation pick up soon.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Master Bath is in pretty good shape as well here. The biggest issue in there was the state of the cupboard under my side of the vanity - and my makeup drawer. Cleaned both out and they look tons better now. Did the other drawers too but they weren't nearly as bad.

The other drop dead thing I have to do is clean underneath the vanity really well. That often gets neglected during weekly cleanings...

I cleaned the rug a couple of weeks ago when I did all the others and the shower got a deep clean right before our party.

I do need to clean the small window that is high up in the shower area.

Other than that I think I am going to take another look for random things - wash the tile and call it quits! I need to start focusing on freezer cooking/cookie prep! :)

Reactions: Minta

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I will be painting the bathroom this week. Not a lot of wall to paint, but lots of wall tile to clean. The flooring needs lots of attention too.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My bathroom is done and looks pretty good. I emptied all the drawers and gave them a good clean. Threw out a lot of empty/near empty bottles and tubes. Looks pretty good in there right now.