HGP 2019 Recap...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, it's that time again! How do you feel about how the HGP went for you in 2019?

What worked well? What was a struggle? Was there anything that didn't get done that you really want to focus on next time?

Were you equally balanced between cleaning and holiday prep or did one take over more than the other?

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Unfortunately I underestimated how much time marching band was going to take up. I am pushing up my deep cleaning and re-organizing and starting it in June through end of Aug and then set check lists to help maintain through out fall into the holiday season. I have also come to the conclusion that I need purge a LOT more. Have been holding onto way too much stuff just incase. Well my just incase stuff can become someone else's need stuff.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I think I was pretty even balanced between the 2. I’m happy with my overall progress and I did get rid of a lot of stuff. I did get the spare bedroom done including the dreaded closet. Not without tears though.
I never made it to the garage (attached) just a general cleaning and I still need to do the big garage. I have several large boxes out there to go through, all my childhood stuff. I’m afraid everything has been damaged by the mice (more tears, in fact major tears) but then I guess I just have to pitch stuff, no debating about it. I need to put my big girl pants on and do it. I’ll be asking for prayers when I finally get my courage up.
Minta, I love that I’m not the only one who hangs on to stuff just in case.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
A total fail. The only HGP success I had was putting up the weekly post! I need to add all of the topics into my planner ahead of time - the bullet to-do list is great -and make time during the week. Honestly, work is so getting in the way of my life ;). Thinking seriously about how much longer I'm going to keep working. I miss my time at home. Of course, if I quit tomorrow, I'd be complaining about being bored with Vic away. Need to find a happy medium.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I
I never made it to the garage (attached) just a general cleaning and I still need to do the big garage. I have several large boxes out there to go through, all my childhood stuff. I’m afraid everything has been damaged by the mice (more tears, in fact major tears)

Keep just enough things to go into a shadow box. Photo the rest.