HGP - Dining Room 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
How the heck did we get to DINING ROOM week, already???? :eek:

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/13-dining-room-week

Deadline week! Week Thirteen, Dining Room Week, sees us move into the holiday season, and it's time for a reality check.

Thanksgiving Day falls on Thursday for our American friends and ushers in the holiday season, so this week's cleaning and organizing focus is the dining room.

Holiday prep chores center on Thanksgiving and turn to planning the celebration ahead.

Ready? Let's get organized with Dining Room Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am definitely still playing catch up this week! however, as we don't host Thanksgiving the pressure is not QUITE as spectacular.

BUT we are hosting a dinner party on Dec 1st so I'm in the homestretch now!

Last week I finished up the Living Room Closet, the Spare Room and Spare Room Closet - including filing!

First order of business this week is to figure out what drop dead HGP cleaning tasks need to be done between now and the party and then I'll break them down and schedule them into the days I have left. Things should be fairly under control but there is always last minute cleaning - dog nose prints to wipe off glass, etc. etc.

Need to review my Holiday Prep tasks too...

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Oops! Posted this in HHP, not HGP! My goals for this week:
  • Swap out the dining room chair pads -- I've purchased new, but have not placed them and discarded the old ones. This will also involve thoroughly cleaning the chairs (rubber backing on old pads has dried and stuck to the wood) and checking to make sure all the chair joings are still glued tight.
  • Wash the crystal in the china cabinet, so it is ready for the holidays.
  • While the crystal is out of the hutch, clean the shelves and glass-front doors.
  • Eliminate clutter on the ledges between dining and kitchen, and at the stairwell to the lower level.
  • Floors.
  • I'm not hosting, but need to take a charcuterie tray to our family Thanksgiving. Need to double-check that I have everything I need on hand.
  • Begin thinking about Friday and Saturday plans for Black Friday shopping and set timetable for starting Christmas decor.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Got most of the dinning room done yesterday. Just need to steam mop the floor which I will do either tomorrow night or Wed when I do the rest of the floors and clean the windows ... One window is covered in doggie nose prints lol. Washing the new table cloth and cloth napkins tonight.

I washed the new dishes/gravy boat and salt/pepper shakers yesterday.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, I looove doggie nose prints, my house is covered in them.
Glad in a way that we do not do Thanksgiving. I am not quite yet ready for Christmas,

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Only HGP like progress is getting clothes to donate out of the basement and loaded in my car to take in today.

Oh, and I finally emptied the trash can in the laundry and put in a fresh bag. Also washed all the odd ball things that have been sitting in that room for a long time.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, I looove doggie nose prints, my house is covered in them.
Glad in a way that we do not do Thanksgiving. I am not quite yet ready for Christmas,

Is it me or is the doggie nose prints much harder to clean off of glass then the mess kids make? I swear it takes me 3 times longer to clean those suckers off LOL I have a window in the dinning room, one in the living room and the sliding glass door in the kitchen that she loves to investigate from.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Only HGP like progress is getting clothes to donate out of the basement and loaded in my car to take in today.

Oh, and I finally emptied the trash can in the laundry and put in a fresh bag. Also washed all the odd ball things that have been sitting in that room for a long time.

Oh I am so glad that I am not the only one that has basket of odd ball things in the laundry room LOL

Check to see if you a Veterans Of America near you, they will pick donations from your house. They are coming to my house again today for another donation pick up.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
So I have the odd ball basket in my laundry room too!
I have cat nose prints on my windows. I learned the hard way. Never clean the inside of my windows first. I had "help" when I went to clean the outside and had to reclean every window in my living room.

Reactions: AuntJamelle