HGP - Finish Up Week 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Here we are!!!!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/15-finish-up-week

We're finished ... maybe.

That's why Week Fifteen, Finish-Up Week, is devoted to finish-up tasks.

It's now or never, and the season is here. In the house, we'll tend to any un-done chores, bonus areas, or final preparations.

In holiday prep, the season enters full swing this week. We'll finish mailing packages and cards, and prepare for the final stretch to the holiday.

Ready? Let's get organized with Finish-Up Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
How is everyone doing?????????????????????

I'm entering the Elsa mode - I'm just having to say Let it GO!!! Some things just have to give! Or I will! lol

Our Christmas Party was a success! Two of my appetizers were AWFUL and I pitched them before guests arrived. My own fault for not testing first. Had plenty of food regardless and one new untested recipe was a huge hit so I got lucky I guess!

Trip to see Santa at the mall was accomplished yesterday! Lots of wrapping done too and some shopping.

Just trying to keep up with general pickup, laundry, etc. Hosting a team outing for my work at our house this Friday afternoon so mid week I will be focused on getting everything ship shape and company ready again.

I feel like things are coming together - just trying to get plenty of rest so I don't get sick! That would finish me!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Received some items for another gift today, so that's another one off the list. I'm thinking the rest will get gift cards, they are just too difficult to buy for.
I'm pretty much done too.. I'm like you AJ I'm thinking now I need to rest so I don't get sick for the Holidays.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Packages are continuing to arrive. I'm working on gifts to ship right now - pulling out gift baskets to assemble and so on.

Realized I am short on the paper shred stuff you put in the bottom of the baskets - thought I had tons but I guess I didn't stock up enough after Easter this last year. Will have to pick up more at the store regular price - BOO!

Woke up with slight sore throat this morning- DOUBLE BOO! Will take some Airbourne today and cross my fingers. Got to bed early last night too! Will do the same tonight and hope for the best!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I am so far behind ...UGH ... That I am contemplating taking a day off from work next week just to get things caught up.
Goals:
*Finish Christmas cards and have them in the mail by this weekend.
*Get gifts that need to be mailed wrapped and shipped by this weekend.
* Have the rest of the gift wrapped by Dec 19th - I have Nothing Wrapped yet! Master bed room and closet still look like the back of a fed-ex truck.
*Have 3 more gift cards to buy

Umm Maybe I need to take 2 days off from work LOL .. I will get it all done, just need to delegate some of the cleaning off to the kids and DH and schedule in an hour or 2 each night to work on wrapping/cleaning ...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Hang in there Minta! We've all been there! And I have been known to take a day off work to get caught up before too - it is nice when you can swing it!

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, do not stress too much. Delegate if you must, it is the kids Christmas too and I am sure they will be willing to help.
I agree with AJ, if it is not important "let it go"!

I just need to keep up with the general stuff, groceries, keeping the house tidy, yard work. Apparently real life does not stop at Christmas, PFFF!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thanks ladies .. we were suppose to take the kids to 6 flags this weekend but we are pushing that off until either the 15th or 29 which is great cause then I will have time to get caught up on a bunch of stuff.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You are going to have so much fun when you go Minta! :) That sounds like a great time!

I worked more on wrapping and staging boxes for shipping last night - doing good there. Crafted as well and finished the Christmas cards - will mail them today!

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Sounds like you are top of things AJ! my next couple evenings are free so I will be getting my Christmas Cards done. I am using my lunch breaks this week to look through the upcoming grocery store ads and making my shopping lists and the dinner menu for the next week. Just found out that DH may have to work Christmas EVE :eek: and we usually do our big sit down Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve. So I am coming up with a plan B .. crock pot of Meatballs and crock pot of sausage peppers & onions for an open house buffet dinner Christmas eve and moving the big sit down Christmas dinner to Christmas day just incase he does have to work.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta. It is the MHH way to always have a Plan B. I think that when it comes to the Holiday professionals that we are we always have a contingency just in case.
The open house buffet sounds perfect.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Agreed! Sounds like you will roll with it and it will be great!!!

Got my cards mailed last night! Got grocery shopping for the week done. Finished decorating the tree at work!

Tonight is karate class after work and then home to clean and cook for team event being hosted at our house tomorrow for my work. So a long day and night ahead - I'm going to need a Starbucks. :cool:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The big things are now out of the way, work Christmas party, DrillDance comp and Christmas Party, hair and nails done. There is not too much left on the calendar now to worry about. Will have time for any last minute arrangements if they pop up. Feeling good.

Reactions: AuntJamelle