HHP 2016 - Week 12 - Dining Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here are my goals for this week:

This Week's Household Checklist

• Keep up with daily and weekly cleaning routine.
  • Begin doing work from detailed Thanksgiving preparation timeline.
This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Double check table settings, think about seating arrangements, gathering extra chairs and tables. Done
  • Do food shopping for Thanksgiving meal. Done
  • Plan Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping.
Still to Do
  • Finish assembling dry mixes for cookies. Done
  • Wrap gifts. Done
  • Write out cards. Did a few more.
  • Buy Dried Fruits. Finally located a store that carries what I need. The local grocery store isn't carrying it.
  • Continue to work on gift list ideas.
What are you planning on getting done this week?

Last edited:
Reactions: Minta

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This week's tasks:

Household Checklist:
clean window - done
clean blind - done
wash light fixture - done
wash walls - done
clean clock - done
clean/declutter hutch - done

Holiday Prep Checklist:
work on Christmas cards - done
complete all previous weeks tasks - done

Last edited:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm back in town after my father passed away and my priorities have been completely rearranged. I'm not too far behind but i've just had a LOT added to my to-do list in other areas.

• Plan for Thanksgiving Day
  • Set up a Black Friday Sales game plan. (DD votes we do Thanksgiving on Wed to rest up).
  • Set the table ahead.
  • Double up on freezer-friendly dishes. (Seriously!)
  • Plan holiday parties. -- None planned.
  • My add on for this coming week: Window-shopping with kids to rustle up their wishlists. (This involves dragging them to the mall by pretending to need something else. They will spot stuff while they are there.)
Catch-up:
Final drop-off of Marie Kondo items to charity.
(Then it is DONE. Took me 1 year - with 6 months off.)
Computer transfer -- so I can find photos of my father for relatives. (So this is now a priority.)
Letter and cards for Christmas -- this is now a priority too. Can't blow it off this year.

*Breathing*

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I order new dishes last night, they should be here this weekend and I bought new drink glasses last weekend. My current sets are incomplete due to breakage and I wanted to have nice matching sets for Thanksgiving. I did a major cleaning of the dinning this past weekend. Will give it a quick touch up beginning of next week.

Already have 2/3 of the Thanksgiving dinner shopping done. Will finish getting the rest over the weekend.

My SIL is coming over this weekend so we can plan our BF shopping. We usually head out around 8/9 pm. After dinner/dessert is done, everything cleaned up and the rest of the guests have left.

Reactions: happy2bme

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Minta - I love getting new dishes.

:):)

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho - I'm sorry to hear about your father's death. I'm sure this brings on a whole bunch of unexpected things that have to be dealt with soon. Yes, breathe and exhale and take time for you too. :) Maybe you can just make a list of what makes you happy at this time of year and just try to do those things so you don't feel like you missed out on the whole holiday season.

My week is a little off kilter. Pertussis is going through the school and we are waiting results from a Pertussis swab test for one of my daughters. In between medical visits, I managed to make three Thanksgiving side dishes and put them in the freezer. I have one more to make but at this rate, it will be next week. I got the turkey and the rest of the Thanksgiving items needed. Dry mixes for baking cookies are assembled. I ordered some Christmas gifts but have yet to get to the wrapping.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Maybe you can just make a list of what makes you happy at this time of year and just try to do those things so you don't feel like you missed out on the whole holiday season.

Thanks HolidayMom, that is a really nice idea. I'm going to do this. I'll pul the gems out of all the chaos and make sure they happen. That is such a calming thought. Thank you. It's the twinkling of Christmas lights and the one on one time with the kids on the winter nights that mean the most to me. The kids would say cookies are also mighty important -- so maybe those too. ;)

DH is home today to help me focus on Christmas and such so we are on track for next week. He's installing a lock on the attic door so I can have a real Christmas closet with vertical space rather than bins and boxes where items are hard to organize.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cindylouwho,

I am sorry for the loss of your father.

Big hugs to you.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho, your idea of being with family and twinkling lights sounds wonderful. What a great idea for a Christmas closet!

Minta - Enjoy opening up those new dishes this weekend.

Mel - How are you doing with this week's tasks?

Test results for Pertussis came back negative. Whew! I decided it was time to work on the Christmas prep after spending so much time on Thanksgiving prep. I'm glad I did. I put on a Christmas movie, wrapped the rest of the gifts that have been bought already and worked on some cards. I needed a little burst of Christmas cheer. :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary,

I am having a great week; thanks for asking.

I caught the cleaning bug last night and did all the work that was needed in the dining room! :)

Today I was able to catch up on all unfinished work from previous weeks, so I am ready for next week! :)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary,

I am having a great week; thanks for asking.

I caught the cleaning bug last night and did all the work that was needed in the dining room! :)

Today I was able to catch up on all unfinished work from previous weeks, so I am ready for next week! :)

Fantastic! That's a good kind of bug to catch too. :D