HHP 2016 Week 16 - Nearly There

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel, we baked another batch of cookies too. We just have to ice them this week and we are set.

The decorating is finished. Whew! I think next year I'll just pick a day to decorate and the family can work their schedule around my schedule instead of me working around their schedule this year. It's the first year that I've had to juggle so many schedules and it just didn't work for me. There have been so many unfinished things lingering around for too long.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mary - it is hard when there are other schedules to follow. I think picking a day and sticking to it is a great idea

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well, I am happy to say that I have found a wrapping system that works for me. :D:D:D:D

Instead of getting overwhelmed by a HUGE wrapping session all at once, I am breaking it down into one hour increments.

I think I'm going to try this too. I have so much left to wrap. Part of my problem is that I tend to do multi-item gifts. I add things like accessories. Ugh -- why do I do this to myself? Because then when I'm missing something it just slows down the whole show. The smart idea would be to put them in the stocking, but we do stocking first and then it would blow the surprise of the gift.

I have so much financial to do before the end of the year. I got A LOT done on Christmas though this past week and am pretty happy with where I am "all things considered". I changed up my entire plan for DD this week and I'm just giddy about it (getting her a Cricut as her large gift - she's gonna die and she'll never see it coming!). Self-interest note: It is going to save us a fortune in much of the crafting she likes to do.

Right now I'm typing this on my laptop while soaking my feet in a foot bath. Today I'm taking the day OFF. (But then now that Happy2bMe said that .... I'll probably spend an hour wrapping!) ;)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cindylouwho,

Enjoy that foot soak.

I was really surprised at how much wrapping I could get done in an hour. I thought I would need 4 days to do it all, but was able to do it in half the time.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.