HHP 2016 Week 18 - New Year's

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This is my busy wee,, have a to-do list for everyday leading up to the 31st. will start tomorrow as we just got home today from mom's

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My tasks for the week:

Household Checklist:
I am back to my normal cleaning schedule

Holiday Prep Checklist:
write thank you notes
set up 2017 calendar/planner - done

take down & store decorations - done
menu plan & shop for New Year's Eve - done

Last edited:

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Not much is going to be done here this week.
Cleaner will come as usual but Im happy to let it slide a bit for this week. Its beach week for us! We try to get there every day for at least a couple of hours.
The decorations will stay up til Jan2nd- then the house will get a massive clean, wipe and dust- sometimes you just cant get behind Christmas decorations!

I will have to set up calendars etc but it can wait a while- January is summer holidays from school so nothing is scheduled.
Swim training starts again Jan 2nd but Luke will schedule that himself- my job is to drive!

New Years eve it will just be us at home- sometimes silly fools have fireworks (totally illegal here!) on the beach and Merlin and Kelso get frantic. If Luke wants to have some friends over that's fine by me. If their parents want a night out then they are welcome to stay over. But no particular plans. I usually just serve snack food and watch the Sydney fireworks on tv. We have been on the harbour for fireworks before but my cleaner is going to her Mums and can't dog sit that night- its not worth the drama of leaving them alone with the possibility of fireworks.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The decorations are down and put away.

My house is clean and back to normal!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
New calendars and planners are set up. New Year's Eve will be pizza for dinner. K and I bought drinks and dessert when we were grocery shopping this morning.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
House cleanup is done, will need a quick wipe-through tomorrow. what could be done in advance is done. tomorrow is sandwiches, veggies, fruits, salad, setting up 2 tables, making beds, and having guests!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's been a nice week of hanging out with the family and friends. I will work on setting up the calendar and putting away decorations next week. I want to write up what worked and what didn't work and changes to make for next year too.

Tonight we will hang out with the kids. Dh is making prime rib and I made some extra side dishes at Thanksgiving and froze them for tonight. After dinner, we'll watch some movies and then toast in the New Year.

Have a Happy New Year!

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
AHHH,,,we made it Ladies!

Thank you all for this forum, for keeping me on track, and for helping me to maintain some level of sanity when I thought I was certainly losing it. It may be too soon to say I am looking forward to it next year, but I am looking forward to it next year!

Reactions: tanya

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Kelly- Me too. Im looking forward to next year as well!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Kelly and Tanya, I'm looking forward to next year too. It's always a bit of a let down when the season is over. This year is bittersweet because my oldest will be off to college and Christmas will look different than it has for the last 17 yrs. It's nice to share the Christmas prep and celebration with everyone here because you ladies get it.

I've been in such a good momentum for the cleaning/organizing of our home for Christmas that I hate to loose it now. I think I'll try to apply the same idea for the upcoming big spring events this year: Easter, followed by my parents' anniversary, followed by my daughter's graduation.