HHP WEEK 6 - Wardrobe Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We still have a lot of work to do in the addition, so I am happy that I don't have too much to do this week.

I have gotten some great deals on clothing the last few weeks, so I stocked up on socks, underwear, bras, hoodies, long sleeve shirts and boots. I am set for winter. I know K needs some boots, so she will be looking for those.

My list for the week:
- inventory winter accessories. Make list if there is anything needed. Wash everything. DONE

- clean out coat closet - DONE
- tidy up laundry supplies. Make list of items that need to be restocked. DONE
- decorate for Halloween - DONE

Last edited:
Reactions: Minta

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Still school holidays here this week- will do the final bits to Lukes room from last week, should take no more than 30 minutes or so.
My closet was done - I did it as part of Master Bedroom week.

My clothing is fine- I have picked up new items which I did NOT need but wanted! I now have several different options for events later in the year.
Luke needs a new white polo style shirt and some shoes- you can't ALWAYS wear sports shoes or flip flops. Not sure yet what we will get- maybe some leather deck shoes or something similar in style.
Im waiting on an ebay order for a new Christmas tank top- coming from China so it could be a while- hopefully by mid month.

I need to get a couple of new plastic tote boxes with lids to store some bits.
I have a few sweatshirts/ pants still out in case we get some cooler mornings/ evenings- still not full Summer here they will need to be put away with other winter things in a fortnight or so when Im sure they won't be needed til next April.

I want to go through the laundry. Its pretty well stocked but needs a deep clean. My cleaner is an angel but for some reason she tends to avoid this room. Its also used to store household items such as brooms, mops, light globes, extension cords etc... so I want to check that we have everything needed and if anything is not needed then out it goes. I might even buy a new dryer- although Im not sure why??? Ours broke in June (mid winter) I decided to leave it and see if I missed it.... Nope... well maybe a tiny bit but not enough yet to get a new one. Our weather is such that even in winter most people do outside drying.... So maybe I won't bother.... I' think on it....

I need to make appointments for me to get waxing, pedicure and manicure. I will make all the appointments up to the new year at the same time so I can cross that off the list.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Reading these lists is so helpful besides the one at Organized Christmas. I hadn't thought about the winter gear until I read Mel's list.

Here's my list for the week:
Household Checklist
  • Sort through hall closets and bedroom closets.
  • Declutter, clean and organize laundry area. Write out a shopping list of supplies necessary to get us through the holiday seasons

Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Check family wardrobes. - Discuss with family if stockings, Christmas outfit, and/or new winter dress shoes are needed. Make a list of what is needed and set up a tentative date to do some shopping.
  • Update clothing sizes and gift lists.
  • Check for enough hangers in the hall closet. Find out if new gloves, hats, boots, and/or coats are needed.
  • Make list of ideas for school Christmas and work gift exchanges.
  • Make lists for catalog shopping and online shopping.
  • Write out more Christmas cards.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
This week will be a breeze, closet and clothing all done! Will spend the time catching up on the past few weeks that I was out of town. Enjoy your week everyone.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got some summer clothes in the basement clothes and have started bringing up winther clothes upstairs - just my clothes. dh will take care of his summer/winter rotation.
I need to buy new boots for myself this winter, got it on my list.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
So far I have taken out two bags of clothes that I no longer wear. Also cleared out old towels and washcloths from the linen closet (some I've turned into cleaning rags). Today I am going to go through my sheets and get rid of the ones I no longer use. Some time this week I need to get a few of my boots to the shoe repair for new heels. Also need to put several coats in the cleaners.

Christmas is really showing up slowly around here. So far all I'm seeing are Christmas trees, lights and a very few decorations. No Christmas cards yet. :(

Glad to have a long weekend coming up. I have no plans so I intend to put a big dent in shopping for gifts.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Our master bedroom closet is in pretty good shape. I do however want to go through my clothes as I have some that I no longer wear that need to make their way to the donation pile. The 2nd floor linen closet is in great shape and I cleaned, repainted and reorganized the laundry room over the summer. I do however want to tackle the main floor coat closet. I have a whole box of hats, gloves and scarves that were never unpacked when we moved in last year. The goal is to go through it and get rid of any thing no one wants or doesn't fit. I bought an over the door shoe holder with clear pockets that closet door to store the kids hats, gloves and scarves in. I am hoping to that will put and to the misplaced gloves or the lost glove syndrome my kids seemed to have last year.

Reactions: happy2bme

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Minta - the shoe holder is an excellent idea for winter accessories!

:):):):):):)

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Oh my......just checking in ladies. As I previously mentioned, I am traveling for work for almost 3 weeks. I will be home 10/08 and do I have some catching up to do. I am so thankful that this week the tasks are relatively quick and easy for me. I will need every spare minute to catch up. I am so thankful that I have this plan and the great ladies on here to keep me on track and accountable. On the plus side I have been doing some on line shopping and have instructed my DH and DD not to open any packages. I am looking forward to getting home, getting the house back in order (as I can only imagine what is going on there), and then diving into the plan to get back on track. Time is ticking fast......

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007

Back in town and have a major housecleaning underway since nothing was done while I was gone. (Shocker.) Loads of laundry, floors, clutter etc. But I'm motivated! Things are getting really backed up but I'm feeling confident about getting things done. Looks like DH will have the wood stove up and running this week so I'm about to hit the attic and switch the seasonal decor. Also, packing away the kayak gear and out come the skis! (It's a little early but I only have room for so much in the attic at one time.)

Wardrobe & Closets Week

House:

• Schedule a Declutter of DD's closet -- it's bad!
  • Declutter Shoes & Coats
Holiday:
  • Begin individual clothing/shoe gift lists for each family member.
  • Begin serious shopping Online.
  • Work on Christmas cards. Goal: to be all done with cards by November 15.

Still to Do:
Stocking Stuffers
Fall Clearance Sales -- still going on but almost over!
Purchase Halloween costumes.
Christmas Cards .
Fall Decor out
Computer restore.
-- Underway.... Need to get back to it.
Wrapping Paper and Supply check
Art -- decide what to keep then ditch the rest.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I bought an over the door shoe holder with clear pockets for the closet door to store the kids hats, gloves and scarves in. I am hoping to that will put and to the misplaced gloves or the lost glove syndrome my kids seemed to have last year.

Good one! We struggle with this. My doors are mostly sliders so I don't have a place to hang those really. Maybe some half sized ones to put on hangers? Right now we have a basket and a cat that is a glove thief! He steals them and tortures them like mice. But does he go after REAL mice? No!

JollyKelly ~ Good job pulling the trigger on some online shopping!

Worked on putting the house back together yesterday, but also got some time in on the attic. Hauled out the Halloween totes and ski gear. Made room for the camping gear to go back in. Going back in there today to go through Christmas stuff and hopefully more stuff I can get rid of. Still dreaming of dumping it ALL and turning it into a reading nook! ;)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Good one! We struggle with this. My doors are mostly sliders so I don't have a place to hang those really. Maybe some half sized ones to put on hangers? Right now we have a basket and a cat that is a glove thief! He steals them and tortures them like mice. But does he go after REAL mice? No!

Can you nail to the back of the closet wall or on one side of the closet wall. The one I picked up (from Walmart) covers only 3/4 of the door length so it would be a perfect size to hang on a closet wall.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Can you nail to the back of the closet wall or on one side of the closet wall. The one I picked up (from Walmart) covers only 3/4 of the door length so it would be a perfect size to hang on a closet wall.

:-O What a GREAT idea! Never thought of just nailing it to the back wall! And THEN I can repurpose the current basket to store DD's shoes (which tend to take over my mudroom). I'm going to check all the closets now and see if we can do that! I could maybe do that for our cleaning supply closet too. Have been meaning to put shelves in there forever but shelves are just such a project. Off I go...!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
:-O What a GREAT idea! Never thought of just nailing it to the back wall! And THEN I can repurpose the current basket to store DD's shoes (which tend to take over my mudroom). I'm going to check all the closets now and see if we can do that! I could maybe do that for our cleaning supply closet too. Have been meaning to put shelves in there forever but shelves are just such a project. Off I go...!

If you cant nail it then maybe the use the removable hooks or use Velcro on the wall and the back of the shoe holder.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
All I'm hearing about is Hurricane Matthew. I hope everyone here is doing okay.

I'm getting through the list bit by bit.

Household Checklist

• Sort through hall closets and bedroom closets. Done
  • Declutter, clean and organize laundry area.
  • Write out a shopping list of supplies necessary to get us through the holiday seasons. Done

Holiday Prep Checklist
  • Check family wardrobes. - Discuss with family if stockings, Christmas outfit, and/or new winter dress shoes are needed. Make a list of what is needed and set up a tentative date to do some shopping. Done
  • Update clothing sizes and gift lists. Done
  • Check for enough hangers in the hall closet. Done
  • Find out if new gloves, hats, boots, and/or coats are needed.Done
  • Make list of ideas for school Christmas and work gift exchanges. Done
  • Make lists for catalog shopping and online shopping. Done
  • Write out more Christmas cards. Worked on some earlier in the week and plan to do some later today.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My list for the week is done!

I am finding that once Saturday comes, I am rushing to get everything done. I need to get a bit more organized and incorporate one HHP task into my daily schedule.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im pretty happy with how things went this week.
Nearly everything got done! which is a bonus.
I still have some minor things but will tack them onto the list for next week.
I have some tote boxes hanging around that should not be here but I want to sort out the shed storage area before I put them in. I have things in there that I want to get rid of. I might move de-cluttering the storage shed forward by a few weeks. as I will need to get in there during the next week- surf season is here and Luke wants his multitude of surf boards. paddle boards, long boards etc... back out for the Summer.
I think he may need a new paddle board as he seems a LOT taller this year. If he does I have a family that I can give his old one too. They are super expensive and not a thing is wrong with it. Most kids don't have their own paddle boards (They hire them for the season) - but one of his friends Dad's is a professional surf board maker/ shaper. He does them for Luke for cost and they are custom done to Luke's size, preferences etc..

I need to focus more next week on Christmas prep- too difficult when Luke is on school holidays. Although Im still in pretty good shape there too! Just need to stay on top of it-

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My list for the week is done!

I am finding that once Saturday comes, I am rushing to get everything done. I need to get a bit more organized and incorporate one HHP task into my daily schedule.

Mel,

This year I am trying something new. I look at my weekly schedule and find "free time" when I am home and I literally schedule HHP time into my calendar. Some days have more time allotted than other days. After six weeks of this, I can say it is working well for me.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I think he may need a new paddle board as he seems a LOT taller this year. If he does I have a family that I can give his old one too. They are super expensive and not a thing is wrong with it. Most kids don't have their own paddle boards (They hire them for the season) - but one of his friends Dad's is a professional surf board maker/ shaper. He does them for Luke for cost and they are custom done to Luke's size, preferences etc..

Tanya,

I'm sure that family will appreciate the paddle board.