HHP Week 7 - Bedding & Bath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Here's to another great week of preparation!

Household
  • Declutter bathroom cabinets and drawers. Done
  • Wipe down vent, light fixtures, walls, baseboards and floors. Done
  • Organize the linen closet. Done
Holiday Prep
  • Check for Thanksgiving and Christmas tablecloths. Done
  • Make a list of bathroom supplies needed. Done
  • Purchase necessary bathroom supplies Will do on next shopping trip.
  • Write our Christmas cards.
  • Add wardrobe shopping list, laundry supply list and bathroom supply list to my HHP 2016 spreadsheet. Done
Still to Do
  • Declutter and organize laundry area. Started on this area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minta

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
This week should be ok for me.
Bathrooms are pretty good as far as deep cleaning goes.
I have not long ago gone through half of the linen press so I just need to re-check- not sure why I only did half of it???
I just bought new towels and sheets on sale a few weeks ago. If they go on sale again I may get another set of both sheets and towels. Im really happy with the ones I got. I don't actually need them but I can put them away til I do.
I do need to check out the beach/ pool towel situation. I may add a new one each to both mine and Luke's Santa list. Living at the beach and having a swimmer you have no idea how many beach/ pool towels we use.
Check bathroom supplies- pretty good I think but I like to avoid the shops most of January if I can unless its for fresh items so I will add to the list and purchase now.
Also need to check sunscreen and insect repellent supplies.

The above should be pretty quick which will give me more time to focus on Christmas Prep- I got off track with the school holidays.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My list for the week:

Household Checklist:
paint bathroom - done

clean & organize bathroom - done
clean & organize linen cupboard - done

Holiday Prep Checklist:
make list of bathroom basics needed - done

buy bathroom basics needed - done
work on Christmas cards

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Bathrooms in good shape. Hall linen closet in good shape as I reorganized that over the summer. I was going to work on the downstairs hall closet last week but we had family in from out of town so I am going to work that this week. I did switch out the bathroom/kitchen hand soaps from summer scented to fall scented soaps.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bed and Bath Week
House:

• Declutter & organize Linens.
  • Re-visiit Bathroom drawers
  • FlyLady ~ Hallway Rooms (includes mudroom and office)
Holiday:
  • Set up a wrap and mail center.
  • Buy, wrap and package overseas gifts.
  • Christmas Cards - Keep going (or in my case -- Start!)
Plus my catch-up list. Which is, uhm, getting a bit long. *scratches head* But stuff is getting done. Relatives arrived unexpectedly (with dogs -- it is usually a big dog party when they come into town) so this week will be a bit chaotic. Storms expected this weekend so stocking up.
  • DD's closet -- next weekend
  • Declutter Coats
  • Get clothing sizes for family members.
  • Work on Christmas cards. Goal: to be all done with cards by November 15.
  • Stocking Stuffers
  • Purchase Halloween costumes.
  • Computer restore. -- Underway.... Need to get back to it.
  • Art -- decide what to keep then ditch the rest.

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Got the main floor hall closet done almost done last night. Just need to go through a box of gloves to match up the mates and put them away in the closet.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Bathrooms are in good shape since I generally stay on top of them weekly. I will be making a major restocking run to Sam's.. Stocking stuffers done. Glad everyone is doing great. You are my inspiration.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I organized the linen cupboard and found a set of sheets for my daughter's bed that I had forgotten about. :p

I have made a list of all the personal care and bathroom items that need stocking up. I will buy them when I go shopping tomorrow.

My cards arrived in the mail, so I can start working on those. :)

How is everyone doing this week?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I was going to paint the bathroom today, but I have a cold and not feeling 100%. Probably not a good idea to get up on a tall ladder and paint the ceiling. Hopefully, I can do it tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Good job, ladies!

Mel - Sounds like a wise decision to skip the painting today.

Having off on Monday was nice but I've spent the rest of the week catching up. Yesterday I had a migraine and I wasn't very productive.

Bathrooms are looking good. I couldn't find my Thanksgiving and Christmas table cloths from last year. Then I discovered them in an unlabeled bin. Sigh... I think I'll just keep in my normal storage basket with the extra table cloths since that was the first place I thought they were in. I think I was trying to be a bit more organized last year but failing to label the bin wasn't being very organized. I bet I got called and then forgot about the labeling.

I've got class tomorrow so today is the day to write some cards out. My goal is to get 10 emails done.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Painting the bathroom will have to be done next week - I am still sick and not feeling good at all. After the painting gets done, I will clean and organize in there.

I hate falling behind in the Plan.
:(

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You are not behind. You are way ahead of those who do not use the plan. lol

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel, hope you are feeling better soon. I know what you mean about falling behind but Ahorsesoul has a point. You are ahead of those who don't use a plan. I needed that reminder too.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Diedra & Mary - thank you for the support. You are both right and I do feel better about things.

Thanks for the reminder. :):):):)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I did not have a lot to do this week for the bathrooms but I fell behind as well.
I did move forward on the Christmas stuff so will add bathrooms onto next week - should be fine as not a major week for me next week.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Bed and Bath Week

Still have houseguests. The house is getting completely wrecked and too much sugar and wine is being consumed! :) But the good news is I got some deep cleaning in before they arrived. Also the "Big Storm of 2016" turned out to be NOTHING in our area after the weather forecasters created mass panic state-wide. The coast got hit but not much else. (Anyone here live down on the Oregon Coast? Because that really got hit.) Our houseguests were actually a bit disappointed they didn't get to see a good pacific northwest storm. (Though I'm glad they do not have a tree lying across the vehicle they arrived in.) But now we are the proud owners of a portable generator (which was amazing to get since they were sold out everywhere. Happened to be there when the truck rolled in - and they were flying out the doors as if they were $5 each!) -- so that is another large step in emergency preparedness. And my freezers ad pantry are now completely stocked and organized!

House:
  • Declutter & organize Linens. -- DONE. .
  • Re-visiit Bathroom drawers - Looked. They are fine.
  • FlyLady ~ Hallway Rooms -- DONE. (Office still needs some work).
Holiday:
  • Set up a wrap and mail center. DONE.
  • Buy, wrap and package overseas gifts. DONE. Still need online orders.
  • Christmas Cards - Keep going (or in my case -- Start!)
Catch-up:
  • DD's closet -- next weekend
  • Declutter Coats -- DONE.
  • Get clothing sizes for family members.
  • Stocking Stuffers
  • Purchase Halloween costumes.
  • Computer restore. -- Underway.... Need to get back to it.
  • Art -- decide what to keep then ditch the rest. - Need to break into baby steps.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Cindylouwho - sounds like you are all set for the next storm. We've had storms fizzle out on us but on the other hand, I'd rather be prepared than caught off guard.