How is the elve planning coming?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Mine is that we have 3 elves that are brothers (we have 3 sons) and they are here while their mom and dad are extra busy during Christmas season. This is their vacation from elf school right now. Maybe you can send a letter from Santa and it say something about how to watch out b/c some of his elves seem to be getting into trouble in people houses while they are doing some second checking on the kids on Satna's list. Something like that. Or send a little glitter in a bag from santa telling the kids that it's special North Pole dust and if they sprinkle it over thier favorite stuffed animal (one each or how every many you want) then at night they can wake up and explore until 12/25 when the magic ends intil next year.

Great ideas! I especially love that they're on vacation from Elf school but their parents are busy! I'm going to borrow this! I am also planning to enlist help from the aunts and uncles (none of them have children) - they are a creative bunch.

mlou

Retire Member
Nov 16, 2008
Virginia
I love the idea of taking a picture with Santa! Our elf will arrive the day after Thanksgiving. I haven't decided how he will arrive yet.
We have so much fun with our elf!!! I can't wait!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Last year our Elf, Skeeter, came the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This year he will be joined by two friends. and arriving the Friday BEFORE Thanksgiving because we are going to visit Macy's "A Day In The Life Of An Elf" Holiday Display on November 21st.
Last year Skeeter got into all sorts of mischief, a few of the favorites that the kids still talk about were When he decorated our cabin with tons of snowflakes and paper lights, Decorated the Christmas Tree with their underwear, The Elf party he threw, Dancing, Music, Crafts, they LOVED it! They also loved when he got into the cookies and ate the one with the most frosting :)
This year they are going to bring ingredients for making salt dough ornaments, And bring supplies to make cards for friends in the Nursing home that my Grandma always gives cards too. I'm not sure what all else they will do, but I think like most people I am equally excited to the kids!

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I am so excited about my elf this year, I'm sure some of you will remember that its for my boyfriends daughter who is 7. I had to buy a rag doll and then elf her up, but she is looking lovely :)

I have a few things planned....

Craft:
A christmas jigsaw that has to be coloured in first.
Wee snowmen to make.
Decorations to make.
Activities:
Christmas movie and she'll provide the popcorn and santa hats for us all to wear.
Singing Christmas songs and hot choc (she has to teach her on behalf of Santa)
Christmas sleepover, with christmas nightie/pj's and some sweets or small things to wrap, this will help Jingle learn what she must do.
Mishchief
Take pictures of Jingle out in my car....(might borrow the idea of her bringing back breakfast or lunch - Ta!)
Find her in tree
I also want to borrow the idea of her putting up snowflakes and maybe this will lead to letting Eve make some too.

So far thats it, when she arrives I think she will arrive with a fun film and some fruit to watch with it.....not sure, need to think the arrival out. Think Jingle is going to sleep in a stocking, so just need to acquire one....:D

strosiek

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Cape Coral Florida
The elves are coming the day after Thanksgiving. One is arriving on a TY moose and the other is arriving on Webkinz reindeer. So far I have planned......
Christmas pen with mazes half finished (a bunch so they can be messed up but the child can finish one for the elf)
Christmas jingle bell necklace.
Rubix cube that I will be adding Christmas stickers to.
Christmas journals so they can write about what happened for their memories.
Christmas suncatchers for them to craft.
havent finished now I will be lurking to "steal" others ideas!

Last edited:

JingleJangle

Retire Member
Nov 17, 2009
Our elves are going to be a special delivery...wrapped in a box, in a box, in a box. How exciting! I got the idea from Elfing Around. They have some free downloadables too...like coloring pages, Santa letters. Going to make use of some of those ideas on nights when I can't come up with anything.

Also, there's always the snowman poop poem and the ever-popular snowball fight with cotton balls and TPing a room. My kids look forward to those every year!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
ours came the day after Thanksgiving in a Christmas box (the hard decorative kind) that had the artificial decorative snow in it, a letter from Santa and a framed pict of the elves sitting w/ Santa (I went to the mall during the day before Thanksgiving and they let me take a pict w/ my camera). DS 5 says "Where is Santa? Bass Pro Shop?" LOL that is were we go see our santa. The first night I was working and when I got home I couldn't find them so they were too tired to et into trouble. They went slidding down the banister and got into the freezer where it's cold like the north pole. Tonight they are bringing the lego advent calendar.

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
ours arrived Dec 1st. They brought small trees and ornaments. The next night they brought musical toothbrushes and replaced the toothpaste with red and green toothpaste. The next night they ate all the left over Halloween candy and then last night their pet reindeer Matilda showed up with a mini Rudolph and Clarisse doll for the kids.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
ours are on strike because dd said that all her friends thought she had a weird mom because they all have chocolate advent calendars and why didn't she just have that instead of the elves... :) (she is 14) so last night the elves and their reindeer pals made strike signs and went on strike. dh thought it was hysterical. dd, well not so much :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
nicurn92! I love that!! My teens are the same way!

Ours arrived on dec. 1st with chocolate advent calendars.

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
The reindeers ate magic corn last night and got into a roll of toilet paper. They apparently pushed it all around the house with their noses, at times getting wrapped up in it.

Not to be out done, the elves toilet papered the still to be decorated Christmas tree and got hung up in the paper. The kids had to get the step ladder and rescue them this morning

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
The elves (and their reindeer) crash landed this morning while DS9 is at hockey. He was quite upset that today we are going to get our tree today and the elves weren't here to go with us!(I was planning on having them come when the boys got off school for Christmas break!)He thought we should write them an invitation and put it in the woodstove, so the ashes and smke would reach the north pole and they could get here in time to go with us-That's our express post to Santa! So, the elves and reindeer are on top of their tree, tv, doorknob and sticking out of their dinky car garage-they were in a hurry to get here in time!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
The elves (and their reindeer) crash landed this morning while DS9 is at hockey. He was quite upset that today we are going to get our tree today and the elves weren't here to go with us!(I was planning on having them come when the boys got off school for Christmas break!)He thought we should write them an invitation and put it in the woodstove, so the ashes and smke would reach the north pole and they could get here in time to go with us-That's our express post to Santa! So, the elves and reindeer are on top of their tree, tv, doorknob and sticking out of their dinky car garage-they were in a hurry to get here in time!

I LOVE IT!!!! have fun getting your tree!

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Since my last post, the elves have brought the kids a letter to Santa kit with stationery and pre addressed envelopes (I bought them at the Christmas Tree Shop at the end of last year, but you could easily do the same with downloadable templates.).

The reindeers knocked over the laundry basket and scatterd the clothes all over the floor

The elves brought little stamp pad and stamp kits (bought after Christmas at the Dollar Tree)

The reindeers were found hiding in the kids boots.

The elves and reindeer were in the kids' beds when they woke up.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
AWesome!
I finanally got to the bulk barn for candy, so... the reindeer took Dad's hammer andput up the advent calendar in the hallway, they backfilled the dates with sour strawberry slices and left 2 big handmade candy canes. They also left some good winter socks (need to tuck those pants in!). DS9 left cookies and water for the elves last night and this morning they had eaten them and spelled 'Thanks' with letters on the fridge!
Don't forget 'prep and landing' is supposed to be on ABC tonight!

Juliegirl1

Retire Member
Nov 18, 2009
Our elf arrived on December 1. I'm divorced so my son who is 9 splits his time between my house and his dad's but he comes to my house every day after school before his dad picks him up. This is our first year with an elf which my son named Zippy. My son is starting to doubt Santa so I thought this would keep the magic alive a little longer.

So far, Zippy was found on the Christmas tree hugging the Tinkerbell tree topper in my son's room, he's been found in the fridge, made snow angels in sugar on the counter and been found driving a sleigh with my son's Webkinz reindeer. Zippy also toilet papered my son's room and read a book about Santa to all of his stuffed animals. I have made such a stink about what a mess the elf is and if he doesn't straighten up I might have Santa take him back that my son really believes that I'm not doing this stuff.

I think tonight the elf will be bringing a game (Jenga) and will be all buried under the blocks like he was playing. Other plans are for me to wrap my son's door while he is in his room (probably do this Friday night), bring the movie Elf, and definitely do the McDonald's run with my car. I've also bought miniature playing cards so he will probably play cards with the reindeer one night and decorate the tree with underwear. I love that idea.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
today while dd is at school the elves are going to "decorate" her room and take the charlie brown tree (that she stole from me... silly girl) and leave a ransom note for it. they are still on strike so they will leave their list of "demands" as well.... should be fairly entertaining. they might also have to wrap up all her books in her bookbag tonight. :)