How is Your weather and signs of fall

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I wasn't sure where to put this. It has been cool the last couple of days here. We went to a picnic yesterday at a lake and on the way home we thought the sky looked like snow. :grin: Today also is the first day of High School football practice. and the NFL has been in the news here. All sound of fall. anyone else seeing signs of fall :pink:

momtomaddie

Retire Member
Jul 17, 2008
East Central Indiana
It has been pretty cool here in the mornings, ( I love it), and not getting quite as hot. We have this one tree in town that seems to change colors WAY before the others, it is all gold right now, just Beautiful!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We went through a hot spell and now the temps are back down in the 80's during the day and 60's I think at night. I've had my doors open for the past few mornings and my air off because it's so nice. There are some leaves falling in my back yard but they didn't change to pretty colors first, they just fell. I haven't noticed any other trees changing yet, but hopefully they will this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well, we have had a very rainy summer and cool too (28 days of rain in June and 21 in July).... feels like we skipped summer and went right into fall. Don't get me wrong I love fall... but we need a LITLLE sun for the energy!!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We've been having cool weather here for early August. It's only 63 today. The weekend was breezy and low 70's. Football camps are starting up here. There are also some leaves falling from the fruit trees. That's about it for signs of fall.

Lisa

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am sending strength and staying power to those who still have high summer temperatures!

In the Mid-Atlantic region, the weatherman said today's temperatures are like mid-September temperatures. Almost 20 degrees cooler than normal for this date! The cooler temperatures show me how much the HOT temperatures really do affect people! The change is dramatic!

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
This past weekend it rained all day long,really heavy rain , grey clouds.

We had a lovely day indoors, lying around reading, watching films. So for me it was a taste of Autumn, didn't put the fire on though i think my hubby would have been unimpressed!

The 'mums' are in the Garden Centres now though, all the Summer Plants gone.

Pamelajane.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
You cannot possibly believe how I envy those who have had rain :rain:
In western NC we are in as bad a drought as you can get...BUT they tell us that means vivid fall colors..it was nice and cool this morning..sooo looking forward to fall--and SEND RAIN!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
This morning was wonderful - cool and overcast. Everyone (around here) is complaining of the rain this year, after our large snowfalls of the past winter - BUT I so think it is fine!
:-D I didn't mind the huge amounts of snow :bigsnow: , and I love the rain :rain:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The week-end was super and today the temps was only about 82. Suppose to only be in the 80 all week. There is a balloon fest in the town I work in this wk-end so ....... NORMALLY it is terribly HOT!!!! They are saying next week might get down to 29 one night. Before this week-end we had been in the high 90 for quite awhile.

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
coffeenut said:
I wasn't sure where to put this. It has been cool the last couple of days here. We went to a picnic yesterday at a lake and on the way home we thought the sky looked like snow. :grin: Today also is the first day of High School football practice. and the NFL has been in the news here. All sound of fall. anyone else seeing signs of fall :pink:

Cool here too, Coffeenut. My friend and I went the pool on Friday and FROZE!! This morning really felt like fall. It was only 55 degrees.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, it's not that cool here, but it has been much cooler and rainy the past two days...Saturday the high was 70-a week ago the high was 102! It rained all day today and is supposed to do the same tomorrow...works for me! I did find a couple of fall colored leaves on my morning walk a couple of weeks ago...here's a picture from Haunted Hamlet. Scroll down to July 24's post!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
At the moment we have summer weather here - sunny and hot. But in comparison to the past years this summer is/was not so hot...

But I already noticed that the days are getting shorter and the evenings are not so warm anymore as they were in July. Especially in the evening I "smell" the late summer already (sounds silly I know :grin: )

For me it is like that we still have summer and it also looks like summer, but in reality nature already prepares for winter... I really love these
changing seasons!!!!

Chilli

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hot and humid here. I've never had a summer like this before. I miss the ocean :frown: No matter how hot it got you could drive out to the ocean and need a sweater.

No signs of fall here (other than the Wishbook, which isn't exactly weather-related) but I'm waiting to see those first leaves turn with immense anticipation.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
It's been unseasonbly cooler here, temps in the 80's during the day and it was 60 degrees when I got up this morning! I love not having the a/c on!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Put it this way our August's are usually so hot you can't stand the heat and humity but last night at son's football practice and daughter's cheerleading practice I had sweats, hoodie, socks, and sneakers on, and still was cold. By the time their practices were over they were sweating. :rotflol: . We have leaf's starting to change on some tree's but not too many yet.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Afternoon storms means it's cooling off in Colorado and fall is just weeks away..I told my hubby last night...the 3 dreaded months of my year are almost over..yipee!!