How will your elf arrive?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
dec 1st, probably with the herd of reindeer pulling them in a sled... Unless of course I suddenly get more creative. :)

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
he just appears in our lounge with advent calendars, unless i can get neighbour to put him on doorstep n ring bell n then run!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ours will just appear on December 1st with advent calendars and a letter from Santa.

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
Our letter telling us we have been choose as an Elf training family will arrive later next week, then they's get a letter from the Elfs... hopefully by this time they will have arived in the post from the USA as spent weeks unsuccessfully looking for elves in Australia

Michelle
Toowoomba QLD AUS

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
We get a letter on November 30th telling us they are coming and then they arrive on December 1st. Can't wait! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mich elle, Welcome to MHH. How is sunny Toowoomba.
I live in Canberra and it is nice to have another Australian on here.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Mine are going to be arriving on December 1st, also with an Advent Calendar and a letter from Santa (I really need to get started on that!). Seeing that December 1st is a Wednesday, I'm going to need to make a special effort to be up early for the introduction!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi Michelle!

Welcome :) I also had to get my elves sent from the U.S. They're here now though and I'm really happy with them :D

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
For the last 3 years our elves have arrived the Saturday after Thanksgiving when our tree goes up... This year is going to be a little different... My youngest son turns 8 on Thanksgiving day, and about 2 weeks ago he wrote Santa a letter asking if Elvin could please come early for his birthday :0) So Just Elvin will be arriving (with a lego advent calendar as a bday present for PD) Thanksgiving morning, he will be hiding in the Lego Bday decorations we have been working on ;)

Trixie and Skeeter will probably arrive on Saturday as usual unless I can figure a way to have them appear at the tree farm we are going to on Friday (which would be awesome)

Otherwise they will arrive Saturday morning with notes to the kids, in their sleigh under the tree!

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
Elwyn my school elf usually just appears in the staff room at school at the beginning of the second to last week of school. I had planned for him to arrive in a sleigh this year with a reindeer, but have been unable to find a reindeer suitable or even the Australian substitute a kangaroo.

Carol
South Australia

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
Hi Katrina and Sarah,
Thank you for the welcome,!! I stumbled across this website and have been lurking in the background for a while, whilst on my hunt for elves. Luckily I have wonderful family in the US who went to the shop and bought us the elves.

I have managed to convert several of the girls into elfaholics like myself...LOL
We found some this afternoon in the ALDI, but i've got my elf Magic ones ona plane as we speak!!. I'm so excited I can't wait.

Michelle

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
I've used a Beanie Kid, Dingle the elf bear. Couldn't find elves anywhere and couldn't afford the postage to buy them from overseas. We don't have ALDI in SA so haven't seen the ones you mentioned.

Carol
South Australia

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Our elves come in time to go with us to get our tree.Last year they were going to make wait for the school vacation but the boys were upset and we had to send an emergency letter via the woodstove to summon them down from the north pole! We have moved to a bungalow this year so if the weather is good they may land on the roof...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
our elves come on the day after the US Thanksgiving so that will be on Friday. I have yet to figure out how they will show up this time. One year it was while we were out shopping, last year a box arrived on our front porch. They may just come Fri night in stead of Fri day. i have yet to get a better idea in my brain this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
JennifDwn I just love your elves! :)

Ours will be arriving on Dec1st with advent calendars in the living room... (my kids are 17 & 19) and they tell me not to get to excited with the elves! lol! :)

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
jackfrosty - a "boomer" is a kangaroo, so yes that is why I considered a kangaroo as an option.
Found a Webkinz reindeer on eBay and it should arrive early next week. Am hoping it is the right size for Elwyn's sleigh.

thepressureofaname

Retire Member
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Ours will be putting up the lights and decorations outside. The kids are sleeping until duskish so when they come down from the nap they will see it all lit up. They will go outside to find the elves. I am SOOO super excited! Probably Friday, but maybe Saturday if I don't get things done.