i'm fuming

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thanks everyone.

as i put in original post, the guy who contacted me was from the media side of company and he had been made away of my site and was going looking for others that are using his companys terms/wording.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
thanks everyone.

as i put in original post, the guy who contacted me was from the media side of company and he had been made away of my site and was going looking for others that are using his companys terms/wording.

seriously do they NOT have anything better to do with their time???? It's not at all "magical", "elfy" or anything else nice just plain old grinchy. How do they think they get business???? It's not like ANY of us are selling stuff, just blogging about our elves... I think my elves may have to protest or something. :) of course, I'm sure I'd get a letter then... :)

maggie

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
seriously do they NOT have anything better to do with their time???? It's not at all "magical", "elfy" or anything else nice just plain old grinchy. How do they think they get business???? It's not like ANY of us are selling stuff, just blogging about our elves... I think my elves may have to protest or something. :) of course, I'm sure I'd get a letter then... :)

maggie

This is so true. Reading about other peoples elf activities is what made me want one. One of the first places I went to was the internet. People will either buy from them or not based on price or whether they like the elves they are selling...NOT the word elfcapades. You are not using the word in any way to get someone interested in buying from you. This really is ridiculous.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i could understand it IF i was making hundreds of "bertie's" and selling them as a rival to their company etc, but i'm not.

jody664

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
This guy should be looking at it as free advertising! If you google "elfcapades" you come to that site. Sheesh. I can't understand why they are so opposed to blogs about elves! You'd think they would be paying you to post about Bertie's adventures!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just ask them to send you a copy of their copyright.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Grrr! Next they'll be trying to copyright the word Christmas or holiday and telling us to cease and desist using it. Hard to believe they have nothing better to do with their time and hard to believe they aren't happy about the word of mouth. That's why I went and bought my elves. It all sounded like so much fun when I read about it online.

Boo! Hiss!

skillyskally

Retire Member
Oct 28, 2010
Everything I would have said has been said - very un-Christmassy of them to do this to you when you are doing something soley for personal sharing of what you are doing with your elves with no money earning involved whatsoever. I can guess the site that did this, nice of them to offer a freebie but yes their international posting is crazy.

I actually tried purchasing their elves, but in living Australia it was going to cost in excess of $130 for shipping of 2 elves!!!! I don't know how they can justify that so I am making my own. I am making up the pattern as I go along but they still have red striped sleeves and legs, and I will make an outfit to go over the top. I'd like to set up a blog for mine mainly so that my kids can have a look (with the elfcapades documented AFTER the event so there is nothing on there that they don't already know about!), but am a bit worried now as your elf doesn't look anything like theirs, and mine have a similarity in the stripey underwear....

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Everything I would have said has been said - very un-Christmassy of them to do this to you when you are doing something soley for personal sharing of what you are doing with your elves with no money earning involved whatsoever. I can guess the site that did this, nice of them to offer a freebie but yes their international posting is crazy.

I actually tried purchasing their elves, but in living Australia it was going to cost in excess of $130 for shipping of 2 elves!!!! I don't know how they can justify that so I am making my own. I am making up the pattern as I go along but they still have red striped sleeves and legs, and I will make an outfit to go over the top. I'd like to set up a blog for mine mainly so that my kids can have a look (with the elfcapades documented AFTER the event so there is nothing on there that they don't already know about!), but am a bit worried now as your elf doesn't look anything like theirs, and mine have a similarity in the stripey underwear....

i would just blog it but dont use elfcapades, they didnt have a problem with me having a site, just the wording which they own. my elf was a 7-dwarf that i converted!

i dont mean this against your making skills but i'm sure they will be able to tell your elf ISN'T a bought 1 of theirs that you are saying did stuff etc.

please add a pic when they are complete. x

the girl i have bought as an elf in training has red/white tights, a green skirt and red top, she is not from this company, she was listed as an xmas rag doll! i will be ready for another battle IF they try and say she was 1 of theirs etc.