June 2017 Declutter club

Discussion in 'The Declutter Club' started by luludou, Jun 5, 2017.

1. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I cleaned out my linen/bathroom extra closet and filled one grocery bag of stuff to toss. There is not room on that shelf and you can see everything without hassle.

2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Got 11 DrillDance hats out the door and all the way to NZ!!! They won't be coming back lol.
    Did not make a huge dent in the garage, but I am glad that they are gone.

Need to sit down at some stage and write my spring cleaning plan. Time is certainly moving quickly and I would like to have all the big heavy work done before the end of the year and it gets very hot again.

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

On my way out the door to go to mom's last weekend I picked up a pair of walking sandals and gave them to dniece.

4. luludou

One-thing-per room today

DD's room: 1 jacket of mine (brand new, have had it for 10 years, never worn), 1 pair of capri pants
    DS's room: 1 pair of socks in the garbage. 2 pair of big warm socks given away (he never wears them)
    Basement LR: 2 notebooks, 1 audio cassette
    Basement bathroom: 1 washing puff (?)
    My bedroom: 1 pill box, 2 nail polish bottles
    Main bathroom: 1 washing puff, 1 small soap (2 others were unwrapped and are now near the bathtub to be used.
    Office: 1 dvd, 1 book
    Kitchen: 1 measuring spoon, 1pack of incense, 1 kitchen mat.
    LR: nothing

5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

We're having a rummage sale July 8th. Postponed from June 24th. I hauled about 7 bags from the storage shed and priced them Saturday night. It's not gone, yet, but will be after the rummage sale. Hoping to work a little more out in the shed tonight.

6. luludou

1 sweatshirt-vest out the door. Dropped it off to the homeless shelter with some clothes already in the donation bag.

7. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Monday night we went thru old taxes and papers and got a sack full to burn. I think we have 1 more paper area in bedroom to go thru.

8. sweetpumkinpye

Have lost all interest in decluttering at the moment. It is cold here and I am spending all my time doing other things.
    In a few more weeks when the sun comes back I will be right back into it.

9. luludou

Have reorganized & decluttered my bedroom armoire. A few camis are being donated, a bathing suit. Some stuff got thrown out too. I also gave away a bag of costume jewlry and some got thrown away. Looks much nicer now!

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I decluttered a vanity drawer Tuesday when the repairman was here. I haven't done much this week, other than manage to keep everyone fed (some days) and the clothes washed up.

Lucie, I dread going through my costume jewelry, but it needs to be done. I need to find a better way to keep it so I will actually see it and wear it. Should search Pinterest for that.

11. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane, searching through Pintrest for ideas is a great resource. I agree, if it is not easy to access we won't wear it.